How many people are using B888

Guest feckineejit

Guest Muznyu

Use Rom Toolbox for removing any apps that titanium can't.

Use root explorer and delete touchpal stuff from the misc partition.

Well, I tried both, first it seemed that Toolbox removed the keyboard, but after reboot TouchPal appeared again. I checked all the partitions, but couldn't find it with RootExplorer, so I gave it up, not a big deal. :)

Edit: Okay, finally I've found it with RootExplorer, it's located in cust/normal/europe/app folder. Thanks!

Edited by Muznyu

Guest punjabi

Hi guys

I've been using the B888 ROM for about a week now, all seems perfectly fine on the phone.

Just one little niggle really... I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. Basically, when using the phone dialer the layout of the numbers seems international i.e. 123-456-78910. Etc. now I'd like it to be UK style i.e. 01234 456789 as it was in the original ROM. Any ideas how this can be sorted out...?

Guest eirlysbill1

Hi guys

I've been using the B888 ROM for about a week now, all seems perfectly fine on the phone.

Just one little niggle really... I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. Basically, when using the phone dialer the layout of the numbers seems international i.e. 123-456-78910. Etc. now I'd like it to be UK style i.e. 01234 456789 as it was in the original ROM. Any ideas how this can be sorted out...?

Mine are not like that on B888. Is your phone language set to UK English

I have this problem too, don't think its rom based though. I just checked my language settings and I'm on UK English. I had this problem on the blade too. My guess is that its a google accounts glitch. I'm from the States, and so I have both UK and US phone numbers in my contacts, and I always guessed that google accounts decide to read the US format, and then assumed that's what I needed, and it then changed all my numbers into the US format (including UK one's) Good thing is, it doesn't effect calls, just the way the numbers are displayed.

Guest peacanpie

I have this problem too, don't think its rom based though. I just checked my language settings and I'm on UK English. I had this problem on the blade too. My guess is that its a google accounts glitch. I'm from the States, and so I have both UK and US phone numbers in my contacts, and I always guessed that google accounts decide to read the US format, and then assumed that's what I needed, and it then changed all my numbers into the US format (including UK one's) Good thing is, it doesn't effect calls, just the way the numbers are displayed.

I don't have the G300 yet, but on a similar problem on a couple of other phones, I used 'more locale 2' https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale to sort it out easily.

Can't say it'll definitely sort the problem, but perhaps worth a try. Back up first! :-)

Guest spikeh

I also have the locale problem. Under "Language & keyboard settings -> Select language", I can only choose "English" which is English (US); no option for British English.

Guest RussellS

Mine is set to "English (United Kingdom)" and I'm on the B888 rom. The funny thing is though that if I go into the language selection I can only see "English" available as an option and not any particular variant of English.

• 2 months later...
Guest ryan2801

Have these roms made any difference to the phone's signal? Mine kept dropping from 3 bars to 0 then back again constantly, so I took it back.