Sign in to follow this  
jcmyall

backup & restore text messages?

jcmyall    10

Hey guys,

To preserve my contacts/text messages when flashing various roms to my monte carlo, I've backed them up to .csv files on my sd card.

I was wondering if you guys know of a way I can restore from these files with the latest ColdFusionX build?

The SMS backup & restore app on the Play store only seems to recognise .xml files unfortunately.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

stiefanu    6

You could use Appextractor, free on Play Store, which restores sms and mms from a nandroid backup (backup done in recovery).

But i don't know how to restore .csv files ^_^

m4te    3

Dont know how to help you exactly,just my little 2 cents, as im using SMS Backup + and it works like a magic.

zukriaksah    22

i use dianxinos sync app. it can backup yr contact, sms & call logs cloudly, but u need to register to use it. so everytime i flash new rom, i will install the app, login & restore all sms & call logs, i disable contact restore because i just let google sync do it for me :-)

rewa    0
On 2016/12/19 at 2:56 PM, wchaa said:

I know a special designed android file transfer and manage app, just few simple steps to transfer everything from your phone to computer, and you don't need to root your phone, just need enable usb debugging on your phone.
how to transfer text messages from android to computer

There are some data backup tools that allow you to transfer data from your phone to pc easily and directly.

Edited by rewa