Problem with Launchers

Guest felystar

Guest felystar

I installed QQLauncher in my phone and used titanium backup to freeze it. Then deleted it with Link2SD and transformed QQLauncher into a system app. It started to force closes every time I tried to use it saying that process.android.acore was closing and so and I could not choose another launcher so H3ROS made a flasheable zip from CW Recovery and I flahsed it and installed pro launcher and then converted QQLauncher again into a system app and could continue using it again. But then my phone drained of battery and turned off and when I turned it on it started to force closes again and I want to know if somebody can make a zip for CW Recovery to install another launcher or to delete QQLauncher from my apps so that I can choose the Holo Launcher I have installed apart from other launchers. Also I have to say that pro launcher is frozen. Thanks in advance :D

Guest felystar
Try wiping cache and dalvik cache in cwm. Might fix FCs.

Tried but it didnt help :( Still get force closes from android.process.acore

Guest felystar

Can anybody please make a flasheable zip like the one H3ROS did in AtomICS topic you can find it to install another launcher or to delete qqlauncher or to unfreeze launcher pro?

Guest felystar

what are you trying to do.. add qqlauncher to the system

No. I am trying to run my system... everytime I turn on my phone I get FCs about qqlauncher and I cannot do anything in the phone. But H3ROS did a flasheable zip to install launcher pro and II installed it but then qqlauncher gave again problems after rebooting myy phone and I want somebody to do a flasehable zip to install another launcher or to unfreeze launcher pro or to delete qq launcher. What I want is to be able to choose launcher when my phone first turns on. So if you could please do a zip for installing another launcher trough cW Recovery that would be amazing!! :D

Guest felystar

Yes I have but it did not work :( sorry I did not remember who was :) could you make a zip like the one you did for installing another launcher like adw launcher or to delete qqlauncher and to unfreeze launcher pro??

Guest C3C0

I need to know the exact filenames of these apks to be able to delete them. Or...

Do you know how to use adb? This would be the easiest method. Just boot into cwm, mount system partition and use adb shell to delete apks and push new launcher in.

Guest felystar
I need to know the exact filenames of these apks to be able to delete them. Or...

Do you know how to use adb? This would be the easiest method. Just boot into cwm, mount system partition and use adb shell to delete apks and push new launcher in.

Yes I know. But could you please tell me the exact commands for deleting apks and pushing new apks into system. Cuz I used adb a long time ago and I dont remember properly

Guest C3C0

adb shell
- this will get you into phon's shell. While in shell:

cd /system/app

ls (this will list all the files, look for ones you want to delete then use with the following command)

rm <file_to_delete> (repeat for all apks you want to delete)

exit (exit phone's shell)

After that you can push your desired launcher from PCs command prompt

adb push <full_path_to your_launcher_apk> /system/app

That's it

Guest felystar

Thanks can I do it from another Andriod device? It is a kinda tablet with keyboard and mouse and have three usb ports. Maybe with terminal emulator I can connect to my usb port and then type those commands.

Guest felystar
Yes if you have adb on it. (Should be there)

I have tried. But everytime I type adb I get "Permission denied" What sould I install and what stepts do I follow?

And if I type as a root use I get "adb : not found"

Edited by felystar

Guest felystar
There's no adb in tablet. Use PC instead.

Install android sdk. Adb is part of it.

Ok. I already have the sdk installed so it is easy

Guest felystar

Sorry can't edit. I have connected my phone and entered into cmd and typed "adb shell" then get this screen but when I type "cd /system/app" look at what I get:

cmdw.png

I have tried to "cd /sdcard" and it works and I could delete things but when I try to "cd /system" it says it does not exist. :(

PS: If I type "ls" just after abd shell I see the system folder and all the folders in the phone's memory

Edited by felystar

Guest felystar

Yes of course. I can do a "ls" after command "abd shell" and I see everything that is in my phone. I think the problem is with System folder because I can cd to sys and see all its folders and files but with system folder it does not work. I can cd /system and it seems to do it well but when I type ls it does not show anything. Maybe it is protected or something?

Edited by felystar

Guest C3C0

Strange... While in CWM and system is mounted the menu option in mounts & storage should say "unmount system". So check.

Or another thing you can try is issuing "adb root" and "adb remount" before going into "adb shell"

Guest felystar

Yes, it says "unmount". It says it is already running root and when I type "adb remount" it says "remount failed: unknown error:0" and then it is always the same. Maybe it has to do with my recovery? I am using v4.0.1.5 and I saw in this froum a zip called "recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-skate-update_signed.zip" Can I install it trough my Recovery? You can find the zip in this link: http://www.modaco.co...20#entry1950090

I think this doesnt work properly, could you please make zip like the one you did before for installing another launcher like ADWLauncher or GoLauncher?

Edited by felystar