• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Volume boost hack for CM7 builds??

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With the original stock 2.1 and modified 2.2 ROMs there is a trick to increase the volume level on headphones by running the AudioLoop test program *983*21#.

Since moving onto CM7 I have noticed that even with maximum volume it distorts audio even though the levels are much lower than achievable with the AudioLoop hack.

Unfortunately the dialler with CM7 is different (*#*#4636#*#*) it doesn't have this option I guess it was something unique to the ZTE Racer and Blade handsets??

I have searched and tried several applications from the Android Market all claiming to boost headphone levels but so far none have actually worked.

I am currently looking at the AudioLoop code it's inside Android 2.1 Phone.apk as ALTest.smali (Android 2.2 Emode.apk) but to be honest I don't see anything special just some calls to AudioManager and other things. :mellow:

Just out of curiosity does anyone know of a tool that can boost headphone levels for CM7 builds that works on the Racer??

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Posted

you can try this, i know some people that are using it and they say its legit

Posted

Thanks for your suggestion I have tested this app and as far as I can tell it only tweaks the audio DSP to make audio appear louder.

Unfortunately the headphones output still lacks power and distorts even more at high volume unlike the levels achieved with the Audioloop hack.

There is also a bug in the app too because echo/delay is still enabled when set to 0 this compromises stereo channel separation.

Just as well I got to try before I buy :)

Richard S.

Posted (edited)

I patched the ZTE engineering tool Emode.apk to run under CM7 unfortunately AudioLoop didn't change anything or show errors in logcat.

I guess this trick only works with the audio drivers specific to Android 2.1 and 2.2 but not CM7 :(

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk