messed up partitioning sd card, advice required please

Guest bigmc88

Guest bigmc88

Hi folks was following the instruction as below....

A A2SD vs. App2SD/MOVE2SD:

(root needed or a Custom ROM with A2SD support)

Highly recommended.

If you want to use A2SD, check if your ROM supports it (in the ROM comparison table there is a column for it). A2SD is also possible if your ROM doesn't support it, however it will be more difficult.

To install A2SD you need to partition your SD card. To do this:

1. Backup the content of your SD card to your PC (using your PC file manager while usb connected to PC)

2. partition your SD card using clockworkmod recovery (on boot press Volume Down + Power Button, then in clockworkmod menu choose partition sd card - choose ext2 or ext3 (I recommend ext2, here is some discussion on ext2 vs. ext3) - then choose size of ext2: I recommend between 512 MB and 1024 MB - choose size of swap: 0MB, as swap isn't needed)

Caution! You should use Clockworkmod 2.5.1.8 or higher, as the previous versions didn't partition correctly.

And of instead of going on to step 3 (below) i stupidly just rebooted the phone on clockwork mod and then it got stuck on the android logo. i'm assuming that theres nothing on my sd card that's why its getting stuck. apologies for having you take good time out of your day to reply because of my carelessness but where should i go from here? i'm on swedish spring rls5

3. if necessary: copy your backup back to your sd card

Guest Weezle

If you have backed up the SD card to your PC as per step 1 then you can copy the files back across via USB. To do this, you will need to go into ClockwokMod and enable USB tethering. Copy the contents back across and everything should be exactly as it was before but now with the new partions.

Guest hugobosslives

yer mount the sdcard in clockwork. under mounts and storage

transfer the stuff across. then unmount. and reboot