Flickering Screen

Guest trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

As the title states, my OMCs' screen has been flickering ( and I will show you in my video in the below spoiler ) ever since I moved over to CM9 from CM7 and started flashing CFX onto my OMC, from a little experimenting I found that my OMC is slightly faulty, when I slightly bend any top and bottom opposite corners backwards I can overt the flicker but not rid of the flicker, so I'm thinking somewhere with the innards of my OMC there is something that is loose and I was wondering whether this can be hopefully fixed by myself, I'm hoping that there isn't any damage, or I'll just have to fork out for one of the black / grey coloured Ascend G300s when they arrive ( and maybe this would have to go the bay for cheap sold as for parts only )... So thinking is there any where on the net that shows how to dismantle the OMC safely for me to inspect it and maybe fix the fault, I'm just feeling lazy and tired atm :P...

[media=]

I apologise for the crappy video recording as I don't have a HD recorder yet and if you want me to show how I can overt the flicker but not rid of it I'll upload another crappy video when I can...

Thanks all, and very much appreciate the help! ^_^

Guest Gone with wind

suggest maybe you get it updated since i think it is probably software problems...

you can get update tool on zteuk.co.uk-devices-choose model-product support.

hope it will work

Guest plegdroid
suggest maybe you get it updated since i think it is probably software problems...

hope it will work

mr zte please give us a worthwhile update, like ics, then it will be worth using the "zte update tool "

Guest utternoob

mr zte please give us a worthwhile update, like ics, then it will be worth using the "zte update tool "

Well said, they need to realise this, but they don't

Guest razzmataz1478

Flash C3C0's S3 kernel first and see if it still flickers.

or....Flash another rom.

It looks like a hardware fault, though it's hard to tell...

Guest trueno2k
Flash C3C0's S3 kernel first and see if it still flickers.

or....Flash another rom.

It looks like a hardware fault, though it's hard to tell...

Previously C3C0 kernel made it worse for longer periods of time but I didn't try the bend trick back then so don't know if it will help it a bit, can't remember how far back the build I had which gave me this flickering effect, but I think its somewhere near the 07/04 time line... Atm, the flickering isn't too bad so we'll see then...

Guest trueno2k

hope it will work

No point as I have the original TPT to revert back to stock 2.3.4, which I used a couple if weeks back to make sure all the original system source is restored and its pointless if I don't have FTM mode on my OMC as that's what the zte upgrade tool needs...

The next time I might use the Windows Flasher tool ( the one we used to unlock our OMCs ) using the stock TPT then flash CFX to see if that will resolve my situation...

But thanks for your suggestion tho ;)