Kernel Experiment - 4.0 updated 2012.05.28

Guest ipaq3870

Guest nikkotsoi

hello ipaq3870

i want to ask something related to androids but not our i8000.

Hope you can help me.

As my freind 's htc aria 's mainboard is getting some problem,

it detects the battery level as 0~3% even the battery is fully charged

i have tested to insert the battery to other phones, it shows 100% correctly

however, since the android will turn the phone off when it has 0% of battery,

so is it possible to change the phone into charging state even there is no chargered plugged or stop the auto turn off of the phone? thank you

Edited by nikkotsoi

Guest ipaq3870

After Android on Omnia logo. I see color bands.

Next time if you encounter this, pull the battery and wait for one minute before re-inserting it and pressing the power. If it still won't boot and color bands still appears then there might be something wrong.

ok, I made a new clean install with all modules already replaced in ext4.tar.gaz archive. and wifi is working. I think that goes for all versions

Good to know it finally works for you - but I am still wondering what would have been the cause of it. Switching to a different kernel (if done correctly) should not affect any other files and configurations. Anyway, I'd recommend others to try the reinstall route if they encounter the same.

Does it means you are going to release a new kernel today/tomorrow?

i usually reboot many times, so i like it :)

It's actually already on github ;) For binary builds, I think tomorrow or the day after...

so is it possible to change the phone into charging state even there is no chargered plugged or stop the auto turn off of the phone?

It's possible indeed. There are two routes for doing it: you either mod the battery driver to report a higher battery level (or A/C plugged in), or mod Android not to shutdown even if there's no juice. The former approach is very device specific as it involves the kernel driver and require quite a bit of knowledge of the battery gauge. The latter should be more trivial - just mod the ShutdownIfNoPower() call here.

Guest nikkotsoi

Next time if you encounter this, pull the battery and wait for one minute before re-inserting it and pressing the power. If it still won't boot and color bands still appears then there might be something wrong.

Good to know it finally works for you - but I am still wondering what would have been the cause of it. Switching to a different kernel (if done correctly) should not affect any other files and configurations. Anyway, I'd recommend others to try the reinstall route if they encounter the same.

It's actually already on github ;) For binary builds, I think tomorrow or the day after...

It's possible indeed. There are two routes for doing it: you either mod the battery driver to report a higher battery level (or A/C plugged in), or mod Android not to shutdown even if there's no juice. The former approach is very device specific as it involves the kernel driver and require quite a bit of knowledge of the battery gauge. The latter should be more trivial - just mod the ShutdownIfNoPower() call here.

thanks for your help

i wonder we should talk about this in the message,,

i don't want to disturb others in this post :)

Guest zappazz

I've copied the script on the first page and named it zr.sh, then put it where SDcard is mounted. So, with terminal:

su (log in as root)

chmod 777 /sdcard/zr.sh (make it executable)

sh /sdcard/zr.sh (run the script)

Then terminal will show some errors but just type free on terminal and see if swap line isn't showing just zeros, if don't, then is working.

Do we have to execute this script each time the OS i booted? Or it has to be executed only once...?

(i suppose that it has to be executed on each reboot...)

Thanks.

Edited by zappazz

Guest ipaq3870

Do we have to execute this script each time the OS i booted? Or it has to be executed only once...?

(i suppose that it has to be executed on each reboot...)

You do need it every time it boots. If you don't want the trouble executing it every time, you can use the init.rc snippet in the same post where the script was posted, or you can also hook it up with a script manager like SL4A that give you the ability to create homescreen shortcut to your script.

Guest musicman1982

@ IPaq great job! It works perfectly! I did update for Android Omnia2 CM2.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8Q7sAIuuROBQ281MG0yRW9CSUk/edit

Hi con73!

I just only copy these files to sd and start android? Because "Note: Updates are named now: frb2update.tar.gz and frb2update.sh" (from CM beta readme) This is the 05.21 version of ipaq's updates? IPAQ! THANK YOU!! :)

Edited by musicman1982

Guest con73

Hi con73!

I just only copy these files to sd and start android? Because "Note: Updates are named now: frb2update.tar.gz and frb2update.sh" (from CM beta readme) This is the 05.21 version of ipaq's updates? IPAQ! THANK YOU!! :)

Right. I called the wrong names of the files you need to change the name, thencorrect.

Guest ipaq3870

My second log about the libertasspi.ko

log.120527-124430.txt

Well, I see "Failed to load Wi-Fi driver" in your first log. But in the second log, it shows "Sanya: Power On wlan". Are the 2 logs from the same session (i.e. no reboot between them)? And did you manually do a "insmod -f /modules/libertasspi.ko" or "insmod /modules/libertasspi.ko"? If that's the case, which command you did?

Guest ipaq3870

@ IPaq great job! It works perfectly! I did update for Android Omnia2 CM2.

While I can't vouch for quality of these updates, I generally do not have any objections for update packs made by kind fellows. It's just worth mentioning that a reboot is needed after the first boot or else something might not work, like the vibrator due to how the start up scripts were written.

Guest nikkotsoi

Well, I see "Failed to load Wi-Fi driver" in your first log. But in the second log, it shows "Sanya: Power On wlan". Are the 2 logs from the same session (i.e. no reboot between them)? And did you manually do a "insmod -f /modules/libertasspi.ko" or "insmod /modules/libertasspi.ko"? If that's the case, which command you did?

for the log 2

i just directly follow what yhou type in #67

that is

Hmmm... you are hitting one of the usb bug that I am chasing after. Anyway, can you try the following:

1. disconnect USB cable

2. reboot

3. install this new terminal emulator (for later steps)

4. open terminal and start mlog script

5. press menu key, and select "new window"

6. run "insmod -f /modules/libertasspi.ko"

7. wait for 30 seconds, and note any error messages

8. swipe the screen to your right to get back to original window 1

9. press q to stop mlog

10. post the resulting .txt and any error message you see in step 7.

Guest musicman1982

Hi!

I installed vanila build manually (from Vm) Started up, then i try to run ZR script from terminal. (after su command) This says me "cannot create /sys/block/zram0/compressor: directory nonexistent." What i do wrong? (i already changed init.rc) Anyway, i can't post log, because ADB not available. (connect the cable, enabled already, but not work)

Guest ipaq3870

4.0 AHB Overclocked & CPU Underclocked & 24bpp Framebuffer

CPU: 667Mhz / AHB: 166Mhz / 141MB free memory / 24bpp display

Build No: ae49c12-950

Note: always watch first post for latest builds in case this build has been superseded.

4.0-ae49c12-950-667mhz-166mhz-141mb-24bpp.part1.rar

4.0-ae49c12-950-667mhz-166mhz-141mb-24bpp.part2.rar

Edited by ipaq3870

Guest zappazz

Hi!

I installed vanila build manually (from Vm) Started up, then i try to run ZR script from terminal. (after su command) This says me "cannot create /sys/block/zram0/compressor: directory nonexistent." What i do wrong? (i already changed init.rc) Anyway, i can't post log, because ADB not available. (connect the cable, enabled already, but not work)

Search in this topic the error, there is an ipaq answer to your question (that says "ignore the error").

Guest con73

Wow. Great news from you @ ipaq3870!

Version 4 is even better than 3. Tests 677-166-160-24 versions 4 and is really excellent.

Guest musicman1982

Wow. Great news from you @ ipaq3870!

Version 4 is even better than 3. Tests 677-166-160-24 versions 4 and is really excellent.

What do you replaced? I installed 800-133-141-16bpp 4.0 and replaced framework, and put libc.so in modules. I got no network now, and the debug mode from pc (adb shell or logcat) still not working, and my phone don't show the debug sign if i plug-in usb cable. (yes, debug is enabled! checked twice) What about white squares in 3d? If i understand good, i must choose smaller memory version of kernel? So if i don't want white squares i must use overclocked kernels?(because these seems have smaller memory?!) Now, if i open advanced task killer (not using it, just installed 2months ago) it tells me i have 46mb free memory. In terminal free command i see swap is working, but i can't check it's a zram swap or old type swap. How can i check this?

Edited by musicman1982