[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Well it depends what you want to do. If you want more internal memory for apps then you flash the TPT file, but if you just want to try things out then you can dump the file onto your phone and flash it. It should do all of the wipes for you, but I normally manually do them to be sure e.g. data, cache, dalvik cache & format the system partition.

They're present through the media player itself, and theres the setting to disable it in the settings menu. Remember, I've chosen to use stock Dolby with the stock media player for maxmimum compatibility.

I think it might be possible for me to add a shortcut to the settings menu, but if I remeber correctly the menu when called externally doesn't display correctly (you get less settings).

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jtharmor

No mate.......only problem is that i cannot install the LG music center app on this and change dolby setting as they are not present in the settings. Settings dolby has all the required features to choose dolby settings for music and video.

Guest utternoob

Could a boot animation be created? The splash screen doesn't really help about how far the phone has booted, and sometimes it seems as though the phone hasn't booted at all :S

@ jtharmor

That'd be because you've replaced music.apk which removes the Dolby options too. And I've tried to add these settings directly to Settings > Sound, but it requires me to code a catch button event in smali which isn't the easiest thing to do. That said, I could add the option into H3 Blues Settings, but you'd still have the same problem if you replaced music.apk because the ROM is designed to act the same as a stock ROM. This is different on Atomic and Skatie as the music app has been modified so that the icon is hidden and it's named something else e.g. Dolby.apk. I, personally, don't like that method as the application is still there and it feels like a waste of space.

The easy solution? Add LG music as "LGMusic.apk" and you'll still have access to the Dolby settings.

@ utternoob

It's something I disabled as it improves boot times, but if you go to build.prop and remove "debug.sf.nobootanimation=1" then you'll get the normal "Android" boot text.

You can install custom boot animations by putting a bootanimation.zip into \system\media :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou

The only problem I have with this ROM is the equaliser makes a crackly noise (almost like a radio which isn't tuned to a station properly) when turned on. It happens right throughout a song, and it also happens when using Gentle Alarm. It was noticable straight away when switching the equaliser on with the first stock preset selected (which I think is "good quality" or something)

I flashed the ROM with all wipes and I've also tried re-flashing to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

The only problem I have with this ROM is the equaliser makes a crackly noise (almost like a radio which isn't tuned to a station properly) when turned on. It happens right throughout a song, and it also happens when using Gentle Alarm. It was noticable straight away when switching the equaliser on with the first stock preset selected (which I think is "good quality" or something)

I flashed the ROM with all wipes and I've also tried re-flashing to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you using Apple headphone or headphones with an in-line remote?

I had the same problem until I changed to a regular pair of headphones (on every ROM I used)

Guest TouchyAndalou

Are you using Apple headphone or headphones with an in-line remote?

I had the same problem until I changed to a regular pair of headphones (on every ROM I used)

No, my problem is through the speaker. I haven't tried headphones.

Sorry, should have specified that.

Do you have the EQ preset set to good quality with the volume level set somewhere between 1 and 10?

I know for headphones it works fine, but personally I wouldn't dare push the phones speaker as the Skate is known to develop hardware faults in that area. Also I'd think pushing it too much could damage the speaker and it'd then produce and even worse crackling noise.

You may get better results if you disable Dolby and then only use the EQ. I've found that to give me better results in some cases.

Edited by H3ROS

Have you gone into the H3 Blues Settings and selected to calibrate the proximity sensor?

I'll be releasing an update shortly that contains a new kernel and some updated apps.

Guest chaosfoevr

ya i did that n did clean install twice just in case.:)

good to hear that... i'll b waiting..

n one thing wen i watc tvcatchup it plays bout 10min n get s stuck....is that problem wit rom or flash player(i hv installed flash 11 for rmv 6)

Guest utternoob

Have you gone into the H3 Blues Settings and selected to calibrate the proximity sensor?

I'll be releasing an update shortly that contains a new kernel and some updated apps.

Will there be zip similar to the 1.3 to 1.4 update?

@ chaosfoevr

Stuck? You mean the stream freezes? Are you watching over WiFi as I was beta testing that application for months and it's working a treat for me.

This may work around your proximity issue:

@ utternoob

I'll try to provide a separate update zip.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest chaosfoevr

yes man it freezes n yes m over wifi......i'll reinstall the flash n try again n proximity as well n get back to u...

r u gonna use this s series kernal in ur next update m hearing good things bout it....

cheers..

Yes the S series kernel, although I'm not sure if C3C0 has released the version I've been given yet. If you install the one he's offering in that thread then you'll suffer from a colour saturation bug once the phone has had it's screen turned off for a little while. It'd make the blacks more grey looking and blues a little purple.