[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

@ utternoob

If you have some text messages reboot your phone and pay attention to the colour of the contacts name and the shade of black on your own messages. Next turn off the screen for a while and then check it again and you'll notice the colours have adjusted. I reported the issue to C3C0 and he found the bug and gave me a fixed version, which is what I'll be including in the update. The SFR kernel might have the same bug, but I'm looking into methods to support both kernels when installing the ROM. I've got a few ideas but just need to find some time to work on everything.

Guest utternoob

That's fair enough. When in school my phone can be off for about 2-3 hours but all seemed fine. Perhaps I'm not looking properly. Ah well. How easy would it be to create a pop-up for messaging app?

Because it's hard to notice. E.g. on skatie it took me a while to see a difference. However, some people reported that they experience better picture - brightness and coloring. So what others can treat as bug others can treat as feature :) matter of preference...

I haven't updated kernels in s series thread simply because nobody complained about it yet... However S4 for JB has the fix already included. Original tilal's kernel has this "bug" , too and nobody of hundreds of people using JB did not report or complain about it.

@ utternoob

Something like this? A lot of work. I'd also be bothered by it's permissions as it mentions that it may prevent the phone from sleeping which would mean it'd eat away at your battery.

@ C3C0

I guess it depends on what you're looking at. When you've got shaded blacks and specific blues it's easy to spot though :P

Personally I'd definitely call it a colouring issue, because to me if it's blue on my notebook, blue on my PC and blue when the phone turns on and then only once it's been to sleep it's purple then somethings clearly not right. Maybe the lighting helps with images taken by the Skates poor camera though?

Edited by H3ROS

@ dariorp

Its best to wait.

@ chaosfoevr

You should be able to disable any sounds and use vibration. You can also access \system\media\audio\ui\ and change the sound files.

@ jthamor

Battery life for me is very good (3 days light usage, 2 normal). Atomic on the other hand gives me awful battery and it's not surprising. Look at the init.d scripts from Atomic and you'll see that it's running the same tasks over and over, like optimizing the databases 3 times or more. It also contains some armv7 libs which obviously won't work on our Skates and unlike H3B it contains a lot of debugging code, which means the CPU works more which in turn means it eats more battery. Another issue with Atomic is that it's not centred. Take a picture of the ROM with a menu up such as the ringtones menu and you'll notice it's either too far to the left or the right. I forget which.

If you're looking for more out of your battery then try different kernels as they're ultimately what have the biggest impact. Or of course you could wait and try the next update. I just need a little more time to finish things up.

Edited by H3ROS

Hi. Is there a way of having a passcode/pattern and still having the camera accessible from the lock screen (without having to unlock)...like the iClone..seems a really obvious feature but I've not seen it .. Is it possible?Am I just being stoopid?

I'm on this ROM at the moment but I'd be interested in any rom that can do this..

Hi there I am using Viber for a while now and everything was fine. Since the last update 2 days ago the phone will not go into deep sleep. It looks like is always on even if the screen is off i mean i can unlock the phone with hard buttons on the phone. Result is using a lot more battery. Is there a solution to this?

It will be a bug that needs to be reported to them. You can of course try editing some settings to force it to sleep, but it will suspend the phone.

In build.prop you'll find

pm.sleep_mode=0
Change it to
pm.sleep_mode=1

And if it doesn't fix things then try also changing ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1 to ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0. You'll want to clear you caches and reboot before the changes take effect.

Edited by H3ROS

I think MagicLock or maybe GO Locker would support them features. You may also get them in CM ROM's, but I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah they all seem to do the same thing;as soon as you add security, you can't get straight to camera.. I guess there must be something inherently difficult to do in android .. I can't be the only one wanting this, surely anyone who's seen an iPhone thinks it's a good idea... Non?

Staraddict users should be able to install the one provided by C3C0, but I don't know if it will suffer from the "bug" I mentioned on the previous page which was fixed in this S2 kernel. You'll notice the S2 kernel in this ROM is different to the one provided by C3C0 due to that change.

Both kernels (S2 or the one for SFR) will give you some performance gain depending on your device.

Both are there as I tested the files before uploading. I'd suggest clearing your dalvik cache and normal cache and then booting. I think sometimes they simply go missing if you've previously applied the updates yourself.

If you wanted the stock theme then a ROM similar is SKatie. It's a little out of date in comparison and it doesn't contain all of the performance tweaks though.

I've been thinking about doing a stock and ICS theme with H3B as my base, but I need to find some free time which is hard these days for me. Unfortunately it's not as simple a changing a few image files as some applications I've modified or even created with the blue and black theme hard coded into it.

Edited by H3ROS