[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest Redstarr1

Haven't flashed the rom yet, but I agree about the volume steps. You can't hold the volume button when changing the volume when the phone's locked, it'll skip to the next song then. Somewhere in the middle would be good .. before there weren't enough steps (maybe 6 or something?).

Looks gorgeous anyway, flashing it this afternoon :).

Guest H3ROS

That's one of the catches to having 1% audio steps plus the music controls when the screens locked. For me personally it's not such a problem as it's rare I put the volume down once I've got music on, but for others it could be. I can't go back to the stock audio levels because I feel that's too few, so how many audio steps could people put up with? 20, 15, 10? In my opinion it's the more the better.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest gguedes

what is the version of this rom? gingerbread 2.3.5?

and its possible to have this "beautiful" theme for cfx 4.0.4 rom from tilal?

and also congrats for this work :D

Guest H3ROS

Yes, gingerbread 2.3.5 and I don't think it's easily ported to anything 4.x, but one day I might do it once I feel the ICS ROM's are stable enough for my needs.

Guest tillaz

That's one of the catches to having 1% audio steps plus the music controls when the screens locked. For me personally it's not such a problem as it's rare I put the volume down once I've got music on, but for others it could be. I can't go back to the stock audio levels because I feel that's too few, so how many audio steps could people put up with? 20, 15, 10? In my opinion it's the more the better.

i think 7 is stock, looking at AudioService.smali, unless you do it differently

Guest H3ROS

I've released an update to address a few issues :)

I will release an addon to remove the EQ and use stock volume levels shortly.

@ Tillaz

If I remember correct 15 is actually stock for music and almost everything else is 7. I've pushed that to the maximum so that the audio levels adjust in a smooth way but that might not be to everyones liking.

Guest H3ROS

It will do the wipes for you, but it may not actually need to do them. Of course it's preferred to do the clean install but if you'd like to update then you'd need to edit the updater-script file with notepad++ and remove these lines:

format("MTD", "system");

format("MTD", "userdata");

format("MTD", "cache");

format("MTD", "persist");

Guest Coffer52

It will do the wipes for you, but it may not actually need to do them. Of course it's preferred to do the clean install but if you'd like to update then you'd need to edit the updater-script file with notepad++ and remove these lines:

format("MTD", "system");

format("MTD", "userdata");

format("MTD", "cache");

format("MTD", "persist");

Great thanks for that!

just made the changes and installed the edited zip, works perfectly, cheers mate!

Edited by Coffer52

Guest Andy725

Is it okay to flash this Rom using the TPT helper App using the 150MB partition size? option one i think, i normally flash new Roms using the ADB interface.

Guest TouchyAndalou

Yes, gingerbread 2.3.5 and I don't think it's easily ported to anything 4.x, but one day I might do it once I feel the ICS ROM's are stable enough for my needs.

And if you could just port Dolby to ICS while you're at it, everybody would be a winner! :P

Guest H3ROS

@ Andy725

The ROM can use a 150MB TPT with 2MB cache.

@ TouchyAndalou

That'd be great, but I think it's impossible due to the libs :(

Guest thoronx

Very nice ROM, btw how can I change the battery icon ? I think it is a bit small, so it is hard to see the actual percentage, thx once again, nice work !

Guest H3ROS

I've found a bug with the music player linking to the removal of DRM. For the time being I'm probably going to have to add back DRM controls since it goes pretty deep into the code.

For them interested, play an MP3 and then click "Use as ringtone".

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou

This problem isn't specific to your ROM, but when opening the MI File Explorer a message pops up in the status bar saying that there's a newer version available to download and click to update, but when you do click the dialog disappears and nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Guest H3ROS

It's not said anything here, mainly because I've pretty much removed the update checking feature, apart from the entry in the menu which shouldn't have any effect.

I'll update the file manager for the next release which will be in the next few hours :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Redstarr1

About the volume levels.. I'd like 20 or 30.100 is just so much. Was walking around town with my headphones and when adjusting the volume when going inside was a bit of a hassle.

Also is it possible to make the lowest volume a bit less loud? In my room the lowest setting is more than enough. Was just wondering if the spectrum could be expanded in that way, not just louder. Turning off Dolby does this, but I hear a bit of noise in the sound than. Not really sure if I'm making this clear :-)

Absolutely gorgeous theme by the way. Combined it with ADWlauncher and Faenza theme for some different icons.

Guest MadQuaker

Hi, i have little idea, can you make a theme differently ? I mean settings menu is too dark, blue and white theme could be nice change.