[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest pablitobm88
@ FReShDoc

I've try to make a battery mod for it once I've finished work on the next update.

@ pablitobm88

I'm working on some big changes, and this is one of the included things.

Out of curiosity what side do you prefer the buttons on, the left or the right? When on the left it doesn't move the clock so it can look better, but sometimes it can crop an icon or two.

for me it is more comfortable on the right because I control the phone with the thumb of the right hand ;)

I'll see what I can do with that. I'm just not a big fan of it though as I don't like centered clocks.

Currently I'm looking into disabling signature checking, because without that nobody will be able to update to the next version as I've had to modify system apk's which were originally signed by ZTE. Unfortunately I can't simply copy files from an original APK either as I've modified some manifest files. Updating the signatures would require everyone to perform a fresh installation.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest pablitobm88
I'll see what I can do with that. I'm just not a big fan of it though as I don't like centered clocks.

Currently I'm looking into disabling signature checking, because without that nobody will be able to update to the next version as I've had to modify system apk's which were originally signed by ZTE. Unfortunately I can't simply copy files from an original APK either as I've modified some manifest files. Updating the signatures would require everyone to perform a fresh installation.

What if we disable signature verification from the recovery?

That options only to install the ROM.

In my opinion it'd be easier for me to simply resign the whole ROM with the test signature because once I've done that then I'll never run into this problem again. And sure, I could disable signature checking but it's a security layer which is designed to help keep your phone safe.

I've release version 1.7.

You can't upgrade to the latest version and a fresh installation must be made. Unfortunatly this is unavoidable without me disabling signature checking which isn't ideal.

If you want to backup things such as text messages before upgrading then use something like this (link).

Everything in post #1.

v1.7 - Resigned the ROM (you can't upgrade due to this sorry)

v1.7 - Removed the useless blacklist option for unknown callers (it didn't ever work)

v1.7 - Themed and fixed the email client

v1.7 - Added soft keys support based on KonstaT's CyanogenMod port

v1.7 - Updated the kernel to support newer TRULY replacement LCD's

v1.7 - Updated my post-boot script to handle other governors, should someone change the kernel

v1.7 - Built in support for right to left languages

Soft keys can be enabled and disabled and by default they're disabled.

post-954400-0-29255600-1350928279_thumb.

In my opinion they're not much use, but I guess if you've got a broken hardware key then it helps you get around.

Edited by H3ROS

Thanks for the screensot. As you say they are not very useful. As for improvement on battery life and performance

is it the same as 1.6 ?. I am very happy with 1.6 for now and i intend to stay for good. Unless there is some importand changes for future use.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Edited by Gagas1

Well between 1.6 and 1.7 the kernel did change, but it shouldn't effect battery. So I think the only 2 changes for you would be the removale of the useless blacklist option (visable when an unknown person calls you) and the email client having the incorrect icons, but that's something I released as a standalone here (link).

Edited by H3ROS

Guest mi nombre

H3RO in 1.6 version I flashed updatable go launcher, but, when I go to update the launcher, It let me an error and doesn't let me update :S

Is there any solution for this problem??

Guest zen_2610

comparing to the atomic mod, i see this one sometimes laggy and slow for no reason, sometimes i tried to unlock but when i press the unlock button, nothing happen. :(..

For me this is faster than AtomicMod, by a fair bit too.

If you've got a lot of files on your SD card then when you first install the ROM it may appear a little laggy for an hour or two while it processes everything. If you reboot after a while then it'd be solved.

EDIT:

All addons have been updated in the first post.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest pablitobm88

If I disable the signature verification could install smoothly over the 1.6? I am too lazy to reinstall everything because I have too much free time, but I want the softkeys as soon as possible

thanks

Only a fresh install is possible and changing signature verification in CWM won't have any effect.

I often hear people talking about how good Titanium backup is, so maybe that's worth trying?

What I can tell you is that if you do upgrade now then when I release future updates you won't run into issues upgrading, as this resigning was a one off thing.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest pablitobm88

Only a fresh install is possible and changing signature verification in CWM won't have any effect.

I often hear people talking about how good Titanium backup is, so maybe that's worth trying?

What I can tell you is that if you do upgrade now then when I release future updates you won't run into issues upgrading, as this resigning was a one off thing.

Ok, I will install the rom doing all wipes necessary

Thanks for recommending the titanium backup, I use it regularly, but I did not restore all application data because people say it can cause problems of incompatibility between two different rom

thank you very much for the softkeys, are important for me. Will it be put on the right side of the notification bar?

Restoring data might be okay, as long as it only restores application data for your custom applications and not the system applications.

The soft buttons will be on the left side. In the future I may supply them for the right side too, but I'm waiting for something before I do that otherwise I'd need to supply two versions of the system UI for every theme I develop.

Guest pablitobm88

Restoring data might be okay, as long as it only restores application data for your custom applications and not the system applications.

The soft buttons will be on the left side. In the future I may supply them for the right side too, but I'm waiting for something before I do that otherwise I'd need to supply two versions of the system UI for every theme I develop.

Ok, thanks

Guest dibbles

Thanks for the update to 1.7 :)

I have noticed the updated Go Launcher EX as an extra download on your first post. Is this updated over that of 1.7 or did you not use that launcher when you compiled your latest version...?

Edited by dibbles