[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

The launcher as an addon is the official version which will receive updates from google. The one built into the ROM has extra icons removed, tracking and services disabled and doesn't flood you with adverts for other GO products.

I may release a BETA version of version 2.0 later today (fresh install only while in BETA) once I've checked over everything. That is if people would like to test? Yes, I know the version number has jumped but theres a reason for that. I've redone the whole ROM and it's now based on a different Android 2.3.5 source. It should address the in-car bluetooth issues some Spanish users were experiancing, although of course I can't confirm that myself as it's always worked for me.

Sorry for the delay guys. I've been looking into the Skype/Viber issues all stock ROM's have and I've spent a while shifting through some disasembled libaudio.so, but unfortunatly the differences between CM7's and the official lib is too great. I'm going to first try some stuff with the ROM's framework, but if I don't have any luck then I'll upload the ROM as it is.

This BETA version of H3 Blues v2.0 is the only ROM that's using Android 2.3.5 and has the official version of Dolby Audio. It has not been ported from Android 2.3.4 like it is in previous versions of H3 Blues, SKatie, AtomICS or AtomicMod.

Details and notable changes compared to the stock OUK ROM:

• Based on OUK_P743TV1.0.0B25
  • Themed and rooted
  • All Orange UK branding has been removed
  • Using the SmartassH3 CPU governor (governor made by me, kernel by C3CO)
  • Changed the Adreno libs to increase 3D performance
  • Enabled GPU rendering
  • Disabled the scrolling cache
  • Low CPU float-point score has been fixed (compared to stock)
  • Added WCDMA (preferred) as a network mode
  • Updated all of the system applications e.g. Play Store, Gmail, YouTube.
  • Updated the hosts file and APN's
  • The framework has been optimized
  • The APKs have been resigned, optimized and zipaligned
  • Busybox, bash and init.d support
  • Ad hoc support
  • Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) support
  • RTL language support
  • Fixed some text strings for various languages
  • Swipe to clear notifications
  • Power controls
  • Soft keys
  • Equalizer
  • Overclocking
  • Proximity sensor calibration
  • Tweaked my performance script
  • 15 volume steps with lockscreen music controls (hold volume up or down to go to the next or previous track)
  • Modified dialler and contacts
  • Custom made bubble style messaging application
  • A modified version of GO Launcher EX
  • Status bar brightness control
  • Volume key cursor controls

And other little things.

BETA download:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/2y1y2mJ8ul/

Orange UK Signal Boost addon:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/JtYDbXVgT8/

Notes:

Do not use volume addons designed for version 1.7 of the ROM.

Compared with version 1.7 I've decided to keep some of the stock gingerbread icons. The reason for this is so that the icons used throughout the OS or found in the applications you install will be consistent.

I could be wrong, but this may also be the only (gingerbread) ROM supporting WPS? It's certainly new to H3 Blues and I've not seen it in any other ROM's.

The Orange UK signal boost addon will only work if you're an Orange customer. It won't work for any other networks. For more information on how it works check out Orange's website.

As I've tweaked my performance script you'll notice that you now have more memory if you're on the stock TPT or have the 35 MB cache. Previously the ROM would redirect the cache regardless which was a waste of 35 MB.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

This BETA version of H3 Blues v2.0 is the only ROM that's using Android 2.3.5 and has the official version of Dolby Audio. It has not been ported from Android 2.3.4 like it is in previous versions of H3 Blues, SKatie, AtomICS or AtomicMod.

• Themed and rooted
  • Enabled GPU rendering
  • Busybox, bash and inid.d support
  • Ad hoc support
  • RTL launage support
  • Power controls
  • Soft keys
  • Equalizer
  • Overclocking
  • Proximity sensor calibrarion
  • 15 volume steps with lockscreen music controls (hold volume up or down to go to the next or previous track)
  • Modified dialer and contacts
  • Statusbar brightness control

And other little things.

BETA download:

Notes:

Do not use addons designed for version 1.7 of the ROM.

Compared with version 1.7 I've decided to keep some of the stock gingerbread icons. The reason for this is so that the icons used throughout the OS or found in the applications you install will be consistent.

I could be wrong, but this may also be the only (gingerbread) ROM supporting WPS? It's certainly new to H3 Blues and I've not seen it in any other ROM's.

As I've tweaked my performance script you'll notice that you now have more memory if you're on the stock TPT or have the 35 MB cache. Previously the ROM would redirect the cache regardless which was a waste of 35 MB.

Support for WiFi Protected Setup ... Hmmm i see some new functionality to 2.3 Gingerbread ;)

And also why did you base on Orange firmware ? You could based it on the Generic Stock ROM instead which is on my Thread here [b22_ZTE]

Edited by WiiSky70

I've just added an addon for Orange UK customers too so you might not want to quote the complete post :P

It out performs the stock ROM in just about every way possible, while adding a host of features and making it the only 2.3.5 ROM to have Dolby Audio built into it as standard. I've found no faults with it after a few days testing it, but as it's basically an entirely new ROM I've labelled it as BETA. It looks almost exactly the same as 1.7 though.

Here's the differences between 1.7 and 2.0 for them who are curious:

• Official Dolby Audio that has not been ported from Android 2.3.4
  • The framework has been further optimized
  • Restored some system icons so the ROM's option icons are a lot more consistent
  • Back to 15 volume steps instead of 100 as it works better for lockscreen volume control
  • Fixed in-car bluetooth (this is unconfirmed)
  • Updated SuperSU
  • Optional signal boost addon for Orange customers

To answer your question though, only the Orange firmwares come with Dolby Audio. So I put a lot of work into making the Orange ROM behave exactly like the generic ROM without breaking anything.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

I've just added an addon for Orange UK customers too so you might not want to quote the complete post :P

It out performs the stock ROM in just about every way possible, while adding a host of features and making it the only 2.3.5 ROM to have Dolby Audio built into it as standard. I've found no faults with it after a few days testing it, but as it's basically an entirely new ROM I've labelled it as BETA. It looks almost exactly the same as 1.7 though.

Here's the differences between 1.7 and 2.0 for them who are curious:

• Official Dolby Audio that's has not been ported from Android 2.3.4
  • The framework has been further optimized
  • Restored some system icons so the ROM's option icons are a lot more consistent
  • Back to 15 volume steps instead of 100 as it works better for lockscreen volume control
  • Fixed in-car bluetooth (this is unconfirmed)
  • Updated SuperSU
  • Optional signal boost addon for Orange customers

To answer your question though, only the Orange firmwares come with Dolby Audio. So I put a lot of work into making the Orange ROM behave exactly like the generic ROM without breaking anything.

Hmmm.... Now i see why the Dobly ROM's are only Orange-based firmwares but modified .

But is there any way to integrate the Dobly into ZTE Vendor Firmwares ?

All of the previous ROM's including H3 Blues were based on a generic Android 2.3.5 ROM with Dolby hacked into it from an older Orange Android 2.3.4 ROM. This time Orange has released an update and it's Android 2.3.5, so it already has Dolby in it. So rather than risk breaking anything in the framework or playing around with the libs I've converted the Orange ROM to a generic ROM. It's the best way to do it, but can it be done the other way? Sure, but I'm not going to do it as it's nowhere near as clean.

That's what we've already done previously in skatie and early h3 blues since they were based on generic 2.3.5, not orange's one.

Dolby was hacked into them from oranges 2.3.4

Regarding signal boost, there's an add-on made by me that can be used on any generic based gingerbread roms.

Yeah, I'd noticed that before but I've built this one against the latest libs (not sure if they're different) and I've trimmed some fat and cleaned up the horrible theming of the apk. If Orange coded that then it's clear they have no idea what they're doing as they're using fake checkboxes and upscaled MDPI icons that look awful :blink:

Guest utternoob

Confirm that signal boost and 2.0 beta are working perfectly. Great job as always

Only problem is that E-mail client crashes before end of setup

Edited by utternoob

I'll look into it. Hopefully it's not a bug in Oranges client and I won't have to revert to the 2.3.4 email client.

EDIT:

The good news is that I can reproduce it :)

Off subject to this, but I may remove the bravia engine because nobody has confirmed it it even works and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't. The reason? The devices released with the bravia engine are ARMv7, so the libs are not for ARMv6.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest pablitobm88

• Themed and rooted
  • Enabled GPU rendering
  • Busybox, bash and init.d support
  • Ad hoc support
  • RTL language support
  • Power controls
  • Soft keys
  • Equalizer
  • Overclocking
  • Proximity sensor calibration
  • Modified dialler and contacts
  • Status bar brightness control

And other little things.

BETA download:

Orange UK Signal Boost addon:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/JtYDbXVgT8/

Notes:

Do not use volume addons designed for version 1.7 of the ROM.

The Orange UK signal boost addon will only work if you're an Orange customer. It won't work for any other networks. For more information on how it works check out Orange's website.

How do I install from the 1.7?