[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest Ecki1979

There is no change in signal strength. Calls can both be established and received. I also noticed, that in the settings menu, where you can see all available networks, my one is available, but you can not read it, i.e. black font color on black background.

@ jlcb78

I've added an option to the sound/notification settings to totally disable the low battery alert. I'll release an update shortly.

@ Ecki1979

What phone network are you with?

If I can't locate the issue I'll try to shrink down the stock Orange UK ROM and you can test that if you want, just so I then know if the error is in their code or one of my own changes. It's probably going to be like finding a needle in a haystack so it may end up being easier for me to redo that whole section.

@ jlcb78

I've added an option to the sound/notification settings to totally disable the low battery alert. I'll release an update shortly.

@ Ecki1979

What phone network are you with?

If I can't locate the issue I'll try to shrink down the stock Orange UK ROM and you can test that if you want, just so I then know if the error is in their code or one of my own changes. It's probably going to be like finding a needle in a haystack so it may end up being easier for me to redo that whole section.

I have the same problem with my new company which is Pepephone (It uses the Vodafone network in Spain). I think it depends on the company because I have recently changed from another one that I was able to read the name. Weird anyway.

And of course thanks a lot for this new option for the battery!!! You are a genius!!!

Edited by jlcb78

If you create a backup in clockworkmod and then flash the Orange UK signal boost addon found in the first post does that fix it? Them libs do handle the network connection and two of them I kept from 1.7 to undo the Orange changes.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Ecki1979

If you create a backup in clockworkmod and then flash the Orange UK signal boost addon found in the first post does that fix it? Them libs do handle the network connection and two of them I kept from 1.7 to undo the Orange changes.

This has no effect. Same behavior as without the signal boost addon and provider name still missing.

Guest emilpoul

h3ros thank you so much , your rom really makes the phone functional helping me to enjoy it been 100% functional

Edited by emilpoul

I will release an update shortly, but at the moment I'm trying to fix a carrier "bug" found in the stock OUK ROM. It's hard for me to fix as I don't personally have the issue, but if you do and if you can provide a logcat of the device since boot time to it's current state then it might help.

EDIT #1:

Alternatively simply tell me you have the bug (no carrier displayed but you're connected to your network) and I'll give you some things to test.

EDIT #2:

I fixed it :)

Edited by H3ROS

I've released version 2.1 of the ROM. Links are in the first post :)

Changes:

• Fixed a carrier label bug found in the stock Orange UK framework (Thanks Ecki1979 for testing)
  • Added an option to fully disable low battery alerts
  • Modified how the kernel version information is displayed
  • Updated SuperSU and YouTube

As the settings have changed I've also updated the addon to remove the equalizer.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

I've released version 2.1 of the ROM. Links are in the first post :)

Changes:

• Fixed a carrier label bug found in the stock Orange UK framework (Thanks Ecki1979 for testing)
  • Added an option to fully disable low battery alerts
  • Modified how the kernel version information is displayed
  • Updated SuperSU and YouTube

As the settings have changed I've also updated the addon to remove the equalizer.

Thanks for this H3ROS , you've awlays put the Stock Form Factor into his limits and beyond :)

Also one more question , how much longer you will support your H3 Blues ROM ? It will have Roboto font ? Enhanced Toggles ?

Im curious ;)

Edited by WiiSky70

It uses the Roboto font for some things. I'm not sure what you mean by enhanced toggles though? Power control widgets? If yes install Widgetsoid or Power Widget Lite.

I'll be working on an ICS or JB theme soon. It will function exactly the same as H3B but will look entirely different. I've just wanted to build a stable base ROM and I feel that's exactly what I've got now.

Guest WiiSky70

It uses the Roboto font for some things. I'm not sure what you mean by enhanced toggles though? Power control widgets? If yes install Widgetsoid or Power Widget Lite.

I'll be working on an ICS or JB theme soon. It will function exactly the same as H3B but will look entirely different. I've just wanted to build a stable base ROM and I feel that's exactly what I've got now.

Well the Stablity and that Smoothness isn't quite there yet , IS ALMOST there .

But the latest updates of Go Launcher makes that stability "A bit slower " that the Custom Launcher that is on your rom right out-of-box

Edited by WiiSky70

On my device it's very smooth for a Gingerbread ROM and it doesn't ever crash or error. Personally I don't ever upgrade the launcher as the newer versions of GO Launcher EX are bloated and rather ugly.

Something you want to keep in mind is that when you first install the ROM it will start a media scan which lags things up a little depending on how much is on your SD card. If you leave it for a while and then reboot then there will be no lag.

Edited by H3ROS

In version 1.7, 2.0 and 2.1 they should all display arabic websites perfectly. However, I don't think there's an arabic language option for the actual OS since no stock Gingerbread ROM has it.

I'm glad it's working for you now :)

I may start work on an ICS/JB style theme this weekend if I have time.

Speaking out to everyone that uses this ROM, I've noticed that a few Spanish ROM's are using version 1.7 of this ROM as their base ROM. The thing is is that they all keep including the bravia engine, even though I've since removed it. The reason? The bravia engine was made for ARMv7 devices and there is no ARMv6 lib, so it doesn't work on the Skate.

Recently I've also seen people suggesting swap relocation and other scripts, but it doesn't actually benefit the Skate much and will in fact take more battery as theres more data being loaded and offloaded.

This rom is incredible, real sleek and clean... I tried others but i guess my skate is finally resting with this. Thanks, H3ROS!

Btw is the Equalizer working on the 2.1 version? If not how can I remove it?

Hi H3ROS, thanks a lot for the update. Now it shows the network provider's name, but the low battery message and buzz is still on. Should I change something in settings or simply doesn't work?

EDIT: I have to go to settings--sound settings-low battery

Sorry!!!

Edited by jlcb78