[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

I'm not sure if a choice would be possible as Gingerbread doesn't have any code at all to handle soft keys. It's something I'd have to try to backport from ICS to Gingerbread and if successful I'd then copy the smali and put it into this ROM. As for a button to record calls, the options already there. When in a call press the options button and then select the record option. The files are then saved to the root of your SD card.

Guest Blueton

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions with a custom ROM installed. I have taken the phone apart to ensure that the dust type grommet over the microphone is ok and also checked that the hole has not been blocked. It has happened once with my wife's phone.

At times it does make me reluctant to ever flash a ROM as it is usually at that point that I then discover it is either a problem or it isn't. I moved over to the ROM I noted above and then it was fine (I could be wrong on this but it only seemed to happen with the H3 ROM). I have recently tried a JB ROM and it was fine there too.

Much to my relief I have just totally wiped and then flashed the 2.1 of this H3 ROM ( I tend to keep coming back to this one as it simply works well for our needs ) and it works without the speakerphone / mic issue.

Sometimes a complete wipe and a format of the system and then install the full 2.1 might help you.

It is an issue when it happens but thankfully it hasn't been a permanent problem for me and hopefully it will not be the same for you.

Good luck :)

Sorry for the late reply to this , I opened the phone up and checked the dust cover and put the phone back together and now I have lost green from the screen. The display is only using red and blue so everything is a purple colour ......think I have wrecked the phone, oh and I cant talk to anyone still without it being on speaker .

Anyone know if I can restore the green colour to the screen or I will sell it as spare or repair somewhere.

Guest WiiSky70

Ok , i've tested the latest 2.2 update and here's what i like :

- Super Rock Solid stability

- Great hosts file (It block almost any advertisement)

- Pictures look nicer compared with previous versions of H3Blues

- Good web experience

Also how's the progress with the JB Theme for the next release H3ROS :) ?

Edited by WiiSky70

Ok , i've tested the latest 2.2 update and here's what i like :

- Super Rock Solid stability

- Great hosts file (It block almost any advertisement)

- Pictures look nicer compared with previous versions of H3Blues

- Good web experience

I am also very happy again after installing the new version. The only thing I would like to suggest you is to implement ADW launcher in future releases, imho it is just the best launcher, more ressource friendly and configurable than go launcher, which I recognize is also a very good launcher. For example, you can hide dock and notification bar, stretch widgets, have 5 columns and 7 files on each screen and do many things that any other launcher cant do and I think it is as stable as launcher pro, but much more "modern". For the rest, H3Blues rocks.

Guest dibbles

^^^^^ I do like what is done with the Go Launcher when added to this ROM and I would like that one to remain as the default. It is very easy to change a launcher to your own favourite but I would not like to miss out on the customisation offered by H3ROS when the Go Launcher is added.

Guest emilpoul

heros how much must be the size of system partition and cache size for 2.0 and 2.2 .

is it possible to make a release that could fix a bug with skype , when i am talking to skype and try to swap between speaker and earspeaker it doesnt anything , it just stay to speaker .

i really enjoy your work , especialy now that i apply from kovdev a ics theme , i am crazy with my phone again because of you :D and him :D

thank you very much :D

Edited by emilpoul

You can size it down to as low as a 150MB system and 2MB cache :)

As for Skype:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708

Go to the advanced options and select to enable MODE_IN_CALL.

I've tried to fix the Gingerbread bug in the past but as the libs aren't open source then it's near enough impossible to do. Theres some stuff at the framework level to play around with, but because Dolby is there it complicates things even further.

@ WiiSky70

It's getting there, but there's still much to do. The icons are the biggest challenge.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest zen_2610

You can size it down to as low as a 150MB system and 2MB cache :)

As for Skype:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708

Go to the advanced options and select to enable MODE_IN_CALL.

I've tried to fix the Gingerbread bug in the past but as the libs aren't open source then it's near enough impossible to do. Theres some stuff at the framework level to play around with, but because Dolby is there it complicates things even further.

@ WiiSky70

It's getting there, but there's still much to do. The icons are the biggest challenge.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ruy7xjabaxcy0f3

download this, it's a icon library, hope this help man :D

Guest zen_2610

I think this is an Android device not Blackberry ... If you could provide the Android 4.1 icons that would be a huge help

I thought he could use it as an alternative.. it's not blackberry by the way

Thanks guys, but most of the icon packs simply won't work. There's a lot of icons they're missing and many of the icons aren't scaled correctly. You see ICS and JB scale the user interface differently to Gingerbread, so if I was to use standard JB icons then I would end up with huge signal, Wi-Fi and headphone icons. So I'm stuck resizing icons and then replacing them where possible throughout the entire OS which takes a lot of time and I'm currently not happy with how they look. It's like they've got extra padding between the icons even though I've cropped down the width to many of them. The H3B icon set in my opinion is a lot better.

Guest cetelem2

post-954400-0-27151800-1337034925_thumb. post-954400-0-66865900-1337034937_thumb. post-954400-0-08172100-1337034950_thumb. post-954400-0-98356600-1337034960_thumb.

C3C0, Tillaz, KonstaT, CM7 devs, XDA users and anyone who's shared code and supports Android.

Details and notable changes when compared to the stock Orange UK ROM:

• Based on OUK_P743TV1.0.0B25
  • Themed and rooted
  • All Orange UK branding has been removed
  • Using the SmartassH3 CPU governor (governor made by me, S2 kernel by C3CO)
  • Changed the Adreno libs to increase 3D performance
  • Enabled GPU rendering
  • Disabled the scrolling cache
  • Low CPU float-point score has been fixed (compared to stock)
  • Added WCDMA (preferred) as a network mode
  • Added an option to disable low battery notifications
  • Updated all of the system applications e.g. Play Store, Gmail, YouTube.
  • Updated the hosts file and APN's
  • The framework has been optimized
  • The APKs have been deodexed, resigned, optimized and zipaligned
  • Busybox, bash and init.d support
  • Ad hoc support
  • Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) support
  • RTL language support (Arabic, Hebrew etc.)
  • Fixed some text strings for various languages
  • 1% battery information
  • Swipe to clear notifications
  • Power controls
  • Soft keys
  • Equalizer
  • Overclocking
  • Proximity sensor calibration
  • Performance scripts
  • 15 volume steps with lockscreen music controls (hold volume up or down to go to the next or previous track)
  • Modified dialler and contacts
  • Custom made bubble style messaging application
  • A modified version of GO Launcher EX
  • Status bar brightness control
  • Volume key cursor controls

And other little things.

Changes:

v1.1 - Fixed the dialer

v1.1 - Fixed some theme related issues
    v1.1 - Cleaned up the ROM in general
    v1.2 - Fixed "Use as ringtone" in the music player
    v1.2 - Updated the file manager
    v1.3 - Redone all memory, kernel, cache, system, battery and TCP tweaks
    v1.3 - Cleaned up the systems framework
    v1.3 - Fixed a bug that caused some of the widget buttons to go missing from the notification menu
    v1.3 - Corrected and cleaned up a few images
    v1.3 - Removed the "power controls" app as I found out it has been modified and is not free
    v1.3 - Link2SD, APN's and the hosts file have all been updated
    v1.4 - Fixed some Russian text strings and the text colour of bluetooth notifications
    v1.4 - Updated the hosts file, file manager, Link2SD, Play Store and Youtube
    v1.4 - Changed Superuser to SuperSU (includes su and busybox updates)
    v1.4 - Created a custom bubble style messaging application
    v1.5 - Updated some system applications and included the new Google Play Services application
    v1.5 - Updated the hosts file and APN's
    v1.5 - Added Dolby Settings as a shortcut for when you don't use the stock music application
    v1.5 - Changed the kernel to the S2 kernel by C3C0 and added a boot animation
    v1.5 - Changed some settings which should further improve battery life and speed
    v1.6 - Updated the kernel and added a new custom CPU governor titled "SmartassH3" which is designed to save battery
    v1.6 - Fixed an issue where radio buttons were sometimes too close together
    v1.6 - Further modified GO Launcher EX (removed some icons and disabled extra services, tracking and the welcome guide)
    v1.6 - Cleaned up some files and permissions
    v1.6 - Updated Google Play Store
    v1.7 - Resigned the ROM (you can't upgrade due to this sorry)
    v1.7 - Removed the useless blacklist option for unknown callers (it didn't ever work)
    v1.7 - Themed and fixed the email client
    v1.7 - Added soft keys support based on KonstaT's CyanogenMod port
    v1.7 - Updated the kernel to support newer TRULY replacement LCD's
    v1.7 - Updated my post-boot script to handle other governors, should someone change the kernel
    v1.7 - Built in support for right to left languages
    v2.0 - I've rebuilt the whole ROM. It's now based on the OUK_P743TV1.0.0B25 stock ROM
    v2.0 - Added WCDMA (preferred) as a network mode
    v2.0 - Added Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) support
    v2.0 - The framework has been further optimized (images changed, optimized and some text strings fixed)
    v2.0 - Tweaked my performance script
    v2.0 - Removed the Bravia Engine as it didn't work (libs were for ARMv7)
    v2.0 - I've gone back to 15 volume steps instead of 100 as it works better for the lockscreen volume controls
    v2.0 - Fixed in-car bluetooth (this is unconfirmed)
    v2.0 - Updated SuperSU and Play Store
    v2.0 - Added an optional signal boost addon for Orange UK customers
    v2.1 - Fixed a carrier label bug found in the stock Orange UK framework (Thanks Ecki1979 for testing)
    v2.1 - Added an option to fully disable low battery alerts
    v2.1 - Modified how the kernel version information is displayed
    v2.1 - Updated SuperSU and YouTube
    v2.2 - Enabled Dalvik class verification (Fixes apps such as Poweramp)
    v2.2 - Fixed a bug in SystemUI and GO Launcher EX so that they work with class verification enabled
    v2.2 - Themed the Talk app
    v2.2 - Updated Play Store and the hosts file
    v2.2 - Tweaked my init.d script to allow Android to log some information (fixes some warnings)
    v2.2 - Increased JPEG image quality to 100%

Download:
    http://d-h.st/zGZ
    http://www.fileswap.com/dl/TlWYOUIlQi/
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmn435 (open in a new tab)

2.0 or 2.1 to 2.2 update:
    http://d-h.st/LxA
    http://www.fileswap.com/dl/QlxDiDLn4b/
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/w2ehum (open in a new tab)

Addons:
    Updatable GO Launcher EX
    Remove equalizer
    Orange UK Singal Boost
    Car Home, Maps & Street View

How to fresh install:

• Wipe data/factory reset
    • Wipe the Dalvik cache
    • Go to mounts and storage and format /system
    • Select to install a zip from the SD card and locate H3 Blues

How to update:

[*]Select to install a zip from the SD Card and locate the H3 Blues update

[*]Wipe the cache

[*]Wipe the Dalvik cache

[*]Reboot

es perfecta la mejor

I'm not sure if I'd call it something big, but I think some people will like the JB theme. It just takes a lot of time to polish everything and I've not had much time as it's getting closer to the holidays.

Guest WiiSky70

I'm not sure if I'd call it something big, but I think some people will like the JB theme. It just takes a lot of time to polish everything and I've not had much time as it's getting closer to the holidays.

Release the JB Theme has an Add-on

Edited by WiiSky70

Does any Android 2.3.5 ROM have that feature? Because it wouldn't be a bug, but rather a feature you've seen elsewhere (CM7?) and the stock ROM H3 Blues is based off doesn't have the feature.