[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Well INFUSION is for a different device, and it's ICS by default so it's way easier to modify as it's less of a jump. That said it's still great :)

The ROM I'm working on is heavily modified from stock Gingerbread, as you can see. The lockscreen looks different, the status bar looks different, the messaging app looks entirely different and things behave different in some applications. For example, we've seen a themed contacts application before, right? But I've gone and created a class so that allows me to drop a .smali file into a decompiled application and replace a function call. This will then add a Jelly Bean swipe animation when switching between tabs. Note that it won't actually swipe between them as that requires whats known as fragments, but I may try to create a little hack to get that working at a later time.

Honestly it feels like the more I've worked on things the faster the ROM's got, and that's without any scripts like Nitroglass or similar. I think the only thing I've done in that area is beef up my "blues" script and changed a few values here and there.

The ROM can take a while to publish because I find that I'll work on something and then I may stop working on everything for a few days. This gives me time to think and relax for a while, but during this time I'll make notes in a text file about things I could improve on or what needs fixing. I then go back to work and check things off the list until I've done what I set out to to. The end result should be the most polished and the fastest stock Gingerbread ROM for the Skate.

Guest WiiSky70

Well INFUSION is for a different device, and it's ICS by default so it's way easier to modify as it's less of a jump. That said it's still great :)

The ROM I'm working on is heavily modified from stock Gingerbread, as you can see. The lockscreen looks different, the status bar looks different, the messaging app looks entirely different and things behave different in some applications. For example, we've seen a themed contacts application before, right? But I've gone and created a class so that allows me to drop a .smali file into a decompiled application and replace a function call. This will then add a Jelly Bean swipe animation when switching between tabs. Note that it won't actually swipe between them as that requires whats known as fragments, but I may try to create a little hack to get that working at a later time.

Honestly it feels like the more I've worked on things the faster the ROM's got, and that's without any scripts like Nitroglass or similar. I think the only thing I've done in that area is beef up my "blues" script and changed a few values here and there.

The ROM can take a while to publish because I find that I'll work on something and then I may stop working on everything for a few days. This gives me time to think and relax for a while, but during this time I'll make notes in a text file about things I could improve on or what needs fixing. I then go back to work and check things off the list until I've done what I set out to to. The end result should be the most polished and the fastest stock Gingerbread ROM for the Skate.

Well precision takes time and it takes days to think and to take notes as well , im having higher expectations on your ROM Build and i really hope that the ROM you're creating is the fastest of the fastest that it can get as well greatly modded and feature rich.

Also that's great to have ROM's like yours , since it's a trustworthy ROM base for developers that are working on modified Android 2.3 Gingerbread as well , and i really appreciate seeing variety on what ROM's i can install for what i personally like and don't like. For exemple i like a speedy ROM , which is also Stable , Fluid and with great graphics .

AND im really hoping for your ROM to meet my and other user standards , and for that i think having a poll on the thread for what users wan't to see on your 1st Build would be actually a Feedback for what you need to add , fix or expand system functionality.

Now what i can do for you is to which you luck on building the ROM and reporting bugs for you when the first release comes out. It would also be cool to apply some of the Innovations on other Gingerbread ROM's that are already present . Our device has a solid foundation for building Gingerbread ROM's .

So take your time and reconsideration to think on what you need to integrate and fix first . Good luck for your project again :)

Guest H3ROS

Well, don't get too hyped. It's plenty fast and smooth but theres no new options that aren't already in H3 Blues. It's just a little more optimized and I'm trying to theme it the best I can. I've also fixed audio routing which is an issue thats plagued stock Gingerbread ROM's on the Skate since it's release.

Once I've released this next ROM I may update H3 Blues to include similar optimizations and minor fixes.

Guest WiiSky70

Why are you not working on ICS/JB ROMS ?? Dev like you can surely comeup with gr8 ROMS on these also.

Becuse GB has an solid foundation to build highly modded ROM's with all the greatest features , rock-solid stability , very tweaked and reliable (Everything works)

Guest jtharmor

Becuse GB has an solid foundation to build highly modded ROM's with all the greatest features , rock-solid stability , very tweaked and reliable (Everything works)

Does Google now work ? Is stock browser supporting HW acceleration ? List goes on.......

Guest WiiSky70

Does Google now work ? Is stock browser supporting HW acceleration ? List goes on.......

Yes HW Acceleration is only supported on higher Android versions like ICS and Jelly Bean ROM's . But if you think about it . Gingerbread just works and it was designed for our device , so custom ROM's with Gingerbread are awlays welcome .

Also you're right about Google Now (Only works on JB)

But also you have ROM's on the spanish forum that includes rich features like : DV2 , PerfectSwap , Adrenaline Engine 4 , another performance tweaks etc...

And Gingerbread has everything (Including the camera flash , something that ICS and JB doesn't handle )

Guest jtharmor

They were never built for Gingerbread on our Skates in the first place.

So if you have windows 8 working on ur PC you will keep using win 98 on your old pc is it ?? Lol.......anyways i also like GB more than ICS/JB....was just pointing obvious whats not there.......

Guest Gagas1

Why include it when you can just install it yourself anyway?

This seems like the kind of thing that would be neat for some people and extremely annoying for others.

Thanks for the answer. Just checked and the apk is on Google play :blink:

Guest H3ROS

@H3ROS. Is it possible to include this in your new rom.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2234079

It's interesting, but it seems a little taxing to run all of the time and at the moment it mentions having anti-aliasing, but from what I can see the corners are still jaggy. I suspect that's because he's not tested it on a Gingerbread device and doesn't know that it handles the sizes of images different. It'll probably get fixed soon.

It looks like the admin has corrected the mistake he made yesterday by allowing warez. I'm pleased about that, so maybe I will post my new ROM here after all. As for the OP of that thread, I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, but you should play by the same rules as every other developer here. All you need to do is include the free version of the launcher (v1.3.6 if you want the old look).

Edited by H3ROS

I've not used it myself, but if it works on any other Gingerbread ROM's then I see no reason why it wouldn't work on this too.

With the exception of Link2SD, which script would you recommend for your ROM. Some 500MB of space will more than suffice for my needs.

Thanks.

Guest honigfisch

you can choose betwen 256 and 2048MB with nitroglass ;)

if you want 500mb than you can do this with CWM --> advanced --> Sd partition --> 512MB(1024Mb for 1GB internal memory) SWAP SIZE=0

than flash nitroglass.zip

wipe data/ factory reset

wipe cache

wipe dalvik cache

restart

Guest H3ROS

Like I said I don't use any of the scripts myself, so thanks for saying that :)

If for whatever reason Nitroglass doesn't work then you'll probably want to go to the etc folder, select init.d and open up 06blues. From that you'll want to comment out or remove this line:

echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness;

Guest trikool
Sneak peek:

S3VOf.png

Yes, it's really gingerbread and yes all of the buttons work.

The final version may look different. I've yet to decide on some things :)

H3ROS. This theme... is avaible for download??

Guest H3ROS

As a theme no. It's a rethemed Android 2.3.5 and even for CM7 or CM7.2 it'd require modding to get it to look exactly like that.

The picture you're looking at is actually a little old now as I've changed things to look even closer to Jelly Bean.

post-954400-0-17315600-1366500957_thumb.

And here's the latest work in progress screenshot...

post-954400-0-83297600-1366501174_thumb.

• Statusbar icons are slightly smaller
  • The ADB icon has changed
  • The position of the alarm icon has been changed

Anything I show here is subject to change.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest trikool

Oh my god!!!!! This is a good news!! Thanks for you work. I'm waiting for this change in appareance with a great emotion :DD. Sorry for my bad english :(