• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[ROM] Official G300/U8818 ROM from Huawei B892 - UPDATE 2012-06-01

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2012-06-01 New version B892 released.

The Chinese version of the Huawei site has the following ROM listed for the G300, however, it's for the Chinese version the U8818 NOT the EU U8815.

From this page:

http://www.huaweidev...eeId=3677&tab=2

This should go to straight to the 3rd tab called '下载' (download).

The direct link to the ROM is:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=cn&flay=software&downloadID=NDE3Nzc=

Does anyone feel brave enough to flash this onto their U8815?

WARNING: Apparently it is working but not recommended as you will lose android market access. This is not permanent and the phone can be flashed back to a stock U8815.

Thanks to 'Hans Gruber' - Original post about U8818 rom is here:

http://www.modaco.co...OM-from-Huawei-[Download-Link-Inside]#entry1955101

Edited by t-bon3

Posted

uh would be nice if this was labled as its not really the same phone as so

Posted

sorry about that, updated the title, not trying to mislead anyone

Posted

I flashed it to my U8815 earlier and although it worked, it's actually a mislabelled B880

Posted

I flashed it to my U8815 earlier and although it worked, it's actually a mislabelled B880

Well at lease it works and there may be more updates in the future.

Did the ROM have Enlish Language option? Also was there any carrier (Unicom) bloatware installed?

Posted

This had already been discussed and tested. :)

Posted

Well at lease it works and there may be more updates in the future.

Did the ROM have Enlish Language option? Also was there any carrier (Unicom) bloatware installed?

Yeah English worked fine, and loads of Unicom bloat!

Posted

And its also B880 isn't it? Not a newer build.

Posted

Yep it showed as B880 in About Phone

Posted

Where can these phones be purchased? Couldn't find any on ebay

Posted

Vodafone have an exclusive 3 month sales contract so that's the only place to get them for now

Posted

Vodafone have an exclusive 3 month sales contract so that's the only place to get them for now

I'm talking about the U8818

Posted

They are a Chinese domestic phone so that's your only bet for now. Have a look in the nfc post as a member is going there next week so if your interested in one, you may be able to sort something out between you.

Posted

Here is the thread dbaseii

Posted

1st post updated with B892 version from today.

Returned from my trip but unfortunately didnt have time to get to a decent China Unicom store so no more information on NFC yet, will be going again later this month.

Posted (edited)

I'm talking about the U8818

Aliexpress.com about 200 dollars, ask for battery of 1500 mah, free case, screen protector, they will root it for you , also you can ask them to install android market, and english language. they will do that for you if you ask politely. shipment by ems about 10-15 days to arrive. Is important they declare the phone as a gift with a value below 50 dollar to avoid customs tax. if youre lucky you get it for those 200 dollars.

Edited by weckl