Can I use my Skate Titanium Backup to restore to another phone ?

Guest jlgmax

Guest jlgmax

Ive just bought a Motorola Razr, can I use my titanium backup files from my Skate to restore onto the new phone or will I have to install all of the apps from scratch ?

When I launch titanium backup it isnt "seeing" the missing apps which I have backed up ?

Also SMS backup and restore thinks there arent any SMS backups on my SD card - similar problem ?

Anything I can do ?

Thanks.

Edited by jlgmax

Guest Frankish

Should work gingerbread to gingerbread with minimal apps playing up.

Can I go a little off topic and ask what on earth made you choose a razr? Did you get a good deal on it or something?

Guest jlgmax

£200 brand new thought that was OK.

OK so Ive tried to browse to the "SDcard-ext" folder (which the razr calls my mini SD card) but still no joy Titanium aint playing ball. SMS Backup and restore is playing nicely tho now that Ive realised the RAZR calls the external SD card "SDcard-ext" but no luck with titanium. Any ideas ?

PS must say that the performance on the RAZR is a world away from the trusty old Skate, makes android a pleasure to use.

Guest Frankish

200 is good. I got to admit I loved my Moto Defy. Only bad thing about Motorola is slow updates, crap skin and locked bootloader.

Guest eLJay

If you have a PC then try MobileGo (I know I'm getting preachy here but it's good and it's free).

The software on the PC backs up and restores Contacts, SMS and Apps.

It got my Contacts and SMS over from my Skate running GB to my updated Skate running ICS without any issues,

I didn't do my apps as I wasn't totally sure with a GB to ICS move but I think it would cope well enough with what you need.