Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nesli

MSM 7227a overclocking ?

5 posts in this topic

Does anybody know, if cpu in G300 has any ability to OC?

For ex. first generation of Snapdragon cpu´s with default clock 1Ghz in most cases cannot handle more than 1,13 or 1,25 Ghz, on other side second generation (for. ex. Desire Z) with default clock 800Mhz should be overclocked 1,6-1,8Ghz..

MSM 7227a is based on old 7227 core, so I dont bealiave in high OC for our G300..

? More devices have MSM 7227a CPU (Motorola Motoluxe, etc.), was them OC´d? And how much were the speed gain?

Yes. I think it should oc to at least 1.3 if not 1.5.

Now where is that kernel source :D

The 1ghz 7227a is a fairly new processor albeit based on an old design. There is little info on the 1ghz chip and most searches will come back with the lower clock speed version.

http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/16/qualcomm-announces-a-slew-of-new-snapdragon-processors-upgrades/&category=classic&postPage=1

I am thinking with better roms and ics, it will negate the need for an overclock and flibblesan has already suggested this

I agree 100% with that.

The S1 snapdragon is more than capable to do the most intensive tasks,and with ics that would be enhanced leaving overclock unnecessary.Obviously the option to overclock will be nice for processor heavy games like gta 3