[How To]Save your dead vivacity!!

Guest iharrybao

Guest TygerTyger

After you've plugged in the phone while pressing + and - volume, go to the Device Manager of Windows and look under the "Ports (COM and LPT)" section. In that list will be your ZTE device with a COM number in brackets. You need to go back to iharrybao's software and change the COM number there to match the one you saw in the Device Manager.

Guest channeler

After you've plugged in the phone while pressing + and - volume, go to the Device Manager of Windows and look under the "Ports (COM and LPT)" section. In that list will be your ZTE device with a COM number in brackets. You need to go back to iharrybao's software and change the COM number there to match the one you saw in the Device Manager.

Thanks. The other problem I am finding is that when I click on ok after entering "ZTEsmt123" I get a message saying D:\Desktop\stock_vivacity_P736EV1.0.0B13 does not exist. I extracted the zip file to a folder on my desktop which I named "stock_vivacity_P736EV1.0.0B13" but the tool seems to go looking for D:\Desktop. I'm not sure what is necessary.

Paul

PS: I changed to my laptop which has a D Drive and went through the procedure. It seemed to work as I got a "passed" message at the end. Phone is now alive again. Many thanks to snapback.pngiharrybao and tygertyger. Now just have to reinstall everything. I had a lot of apps installed on sd card. Is it ok to just reinstall over what is there?

Paul

Edited by channeler

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sonnylall

Hi, i keep getting stuck at 90% and it says download failed please check the log file to get fail information. everything is in a diff language.

I have tried everything, tested on laptop and pc both have C drive for local disc

i used a USB stick created a desktop file and extracted the file there and also renaming to stock_vivacity_P736EV1.0.0B13 so the full path is D:\Desktop\stock_vivacity_P736EV1.0.0B13

I have the correct port but nothing works.

Please help

Sonny

Guest dodgetimmy

You don't have to use the stock rom file. Try using fish n chips instead and see if that installs.

If not you'll need to double check your flashing the correct rom version for your handset (there are lots of unsupported blade 2 varieties).

Also, did you by any chance install a different tpt?

Edited by dodgetimmy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest vivacity2014

Guys,

I am able to connect phone which is on com4.

when start downloading software it says ' Line 2 can't open the armprg.bin

what is next, kindly advise

• 3 months later...
Guest razib21st

firstly I want to say that I'm Chinese, and I have no idea if I could make you understand.

So let's begin!

1. you should download the stock ROM P736E, and extract it on your desk. Here's the B13 for you.

http://www.mediafire...b9d38933nmxwrp1

2.download the force flash tool (we call this, and I just translate it like that ) and extract it.

attachicon.gifnull

3.open the tool named USDL....

attachicon.gifQQ截图20120520124732.jpg

4.press the ! to change it to "管理员" mode.and input the code like this

attachicon.gifQQ截图20120520124810.jpgattachicon.gifQQ截图20120520124825.jpg

you can press the english verson if you are not chinese ;)

5.(on your phone)take out the battery. press the volume + and - at the same time.

you can press the volume keys with one of your thumb, and use another hand to conect your phone to your computer with USB. then the computer will find a hardware. check your device management, you'll find like this. just remember the COM you have!(mine is COM11)

attachicon.gifQQ截图20120520125230.jpg

6.back to the tool, press option-port config

attachicon.gif0000000000.png

7.choose the COM you have. better use line2.

attachicon.gifQQ截图20120520125456.jpg

8.press the SW directory button to choose the B13 ROM(the on you have extract on your desk)

attachicon.gifQQ截图20120520132701.jpg

9. press the button here

attachicon.gifQQ截图20120520130028.jpg

10.waiting!

after the download, your phone is alive~! :D

after that you can flash recovery and ROMs

100% working for me. with USDL_P726CV1.00.00.rar   522.36KB

Thanks my Vivacity now alive

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

Those having connection problems in ftm or recovery. Using either usb 3 and/or windows 8: open device manager with your phone connected. You should see here the phone, but listed with an error. right click and select update driver. Windows should then download a working and updated driver. If message says it can't find driver or driver is already up to date make sure your setting is to check windows update for device driver's. This setting can be enabled in the group policy editor.

Edited by dodgetimmy

• 1 month later...
Guest sparky1687

I am trying to do this on a mac. will this have any effect on this method working as i cannot seem to find which port my vivacity is connected to. Also when saving the file to desktop and trying to select it through the USDL program, it says it is not there etc (cant remember the exact error message). Will i have to do all of this on a windows based PC/Laptop or can i do all of this on my macbook? It also wont see the phone when the battery is taken out or in FTM mode. Only when the battery is in and it does the loop on the t mobile logo is when my macbook actually sees the phone, as a disc/drive.

Edited by sparky1687

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest fleboho

Hi, i am having failures with using this process, My phone is stuck on the FTM screen everytime I turn it on.
I have tried this process many many times and same result. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I followed the initial instructions to the letter and still nothing I always end up at the FTM screen, is there something else that I need to do.

Edited by fleboho