low volume still!

Guest SWIM

Guest Frankish

Im not sure what your opinion of loud for a phone is bit this phone is now louder or equal to my Tattoo, Desire, Blade, X10, Defy, HD2, GS2 and Skate. Can't imagine it getting much louder in a phone?!

Guest dbaseii

Im not sure what your opinion of loud for a phone is bit this phone is now louder or equal to my Tattoo, Desire, Blade, X10, Defy, HD2, GS2 and Skate. Can't imagine it getting much louder in a phone?!

So there might be a problem for some users?

Guest FrownBreaker

I have rebooted the phone, a few times in fact since the patch. Doesnt make a difference

Might be worth checking to see what is acually installed on the phone in case the patch failed?

If it is on the new firmware it might be a hardware issue - Return to store?

Not being funny but you have selected a stock ring tone and turned the ringtone volume to max? Andriod has >1 volume level eg. ring, media, notification etc..

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest dbaseii

rebooted phone several times.

made no difference.

are there any other ways of increasing the volume?

apps?

thanks.

I don't think using an app is a good idea. They may damage your speaker.

I'm convinced its in the audio csv files. I could look at my u8160 phone and compare them. As I mentioned in a previous post it is much louder

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Hold down the power button and click on restart. Make sure the update version says B885. Then after that use the left side buttons to increase the ringtone volume to the max! Now see if you're hearing the volume loudly! :D

Guest SolitaryCZ

I must say that sound is low indeed... I just updated my device with Paul's custom B888 ROM few days ago, it did fix the buttons, but sound is still low. Yes, I do have ringtone set to the max and yes, I did try to reboot. On top of that the volume is increasing from almost 0% to the max during the incoming call... so you can't actually hear it at all for the first few seconds! I call BS on that "feature"... what if someone is not calling you, but just ringing you up? You don't have ANY chance to catch that... Is there any way how to fix this?

Guest Davidoff59

sounds like ascending ringtone solitaryCZ.

I just checked and there is an increasing ringtone option in sound settings. I take this to be ascending ringtone. Untick it and see how an incoming call sounds

Guest SolitaryCZ

Davidoff59: I don't believe I have this feature here, I don't think I saw it before updating and I don't see it now... could you be more specific? Or making a screenshot would be even better.

Settings > Sound ... Silent mode, vibrate, volume (ringtone,media,alarm, all set to the max, use incoming call volume for notifications > "yes"), Phone ringtone, Notification ringtone, DTS mode > off, audible touch tones, audible selection, screen lock sounds, haptick feedback... thats all.

If you are talking about specific ringtone called Ascending, then the answer is no, I am using my own ringtone and no "Ascending" ringtone is here.

I have tested different ringtone now, stock "Caribbean Ice"... as far as volume goes, the low volume could be by my ringtone of choice and not the phone, but I am testing it at home with no sound around, so it's actually hard to tell, but it seems its little bit quiter then those stock midi ringtones and that makes the whole difference, but the increasing volume of ringtone still persist even with stock ringtones.

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

I must say that sound is low indeed... I just updated my device with Paul's custom B888 ROM few days ago, it did fix the buttons, but sound is still low. Yes, I do have ringtone set to the max and yes, I did try to reboot. On top of that the volume is increasing from almost 0% to the max during the incoming call... so you can't actually hear it at all for the first few seconds! I call BS on that "feature"... what if someone is not calling you, but just ringing you up? You don't have ANY chance to catch that... Is there any way how to fix this?

Maybe you should've updated to B885 first and see if that fixed it? The B885 ROM specifically aims to fix the volume issue. I heard some people fixed their volume issue with B886 and then when they upgraded to the custom B888 ROM they had problems with the volume issue being low again.

Today when my mum called me on the phone, the ringtone buzzed so loud that in fact it stressed me out! Even during the talk I had to decrease the volume as it was so loud as if I turned on the loud speaker.

I also play games on the phone like Asphalt 6 HD, where the sound of the car is very high! It's probably a glitch or something where if you directly update the ROM to B888 from stock B884 or older version, the volume fix is not included in it. :wacko:

Guest Davidoff59

I went straight to b888 from stock, volume is fine. Ascending call volume is a phone feature, not a name of a ringtone and it starts off by ringing low and slowly gets louder.

I have under sound, an incoming calls menu/ phone ringtone and increasing ringtone on the leaked version of B888

Guest SolitaryCZ

Interesting, I did too went straight from stock to Paul's Gr1 B888... but I just don't have this feature here. I assume you have regular B888 and not this customed version, maybe that's the problem.

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

I've got those settings even on B885. I turned off increasing ringtone since it starts off with low volume. Turning that option off should mean that by default your ringtone should be constantly loud. If not, then it means that the ROM didn't fix it.

In my case like I said it's very loud. Once that's done you should use the side buttons to the top left and increase ring tone volume to the max! Then see if it fixes your volume.

Guest SolitaryCZ

Well, that screenshot says it all.... hm, so what's the move here? Should I install B885 or B886 over that customed ROM and then install Gr1 B888 back? Would that fix it or does the ROM rewrite everything? I don't want to install stock B888 for obvious reasons. Maybe just extracting some packages from B885 could solve the problem?

Guest FrownBreaker

Well, that screenshot says it all.... hm, so what's the move here? Should I install B885 or B886 over that customed ROM and then install Gr1 B888 back? Would that fix it or does the ROM rewrite everything? I don't want to install stock B888 for obvious reasons. Maybe just extracting some packages from B885 could solve the problem?

A chap at work had the same low vol problem he went from stock to DUO888. I've asked him to flash 885 and then report back.

Very odd, thought may be pilot error he was complaining the phone kept going into camera mode on unlock - I pointed out it was a non stock unlock and the swipe to unlock had direct function selection!

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest Frankish

That's a point. If anyone has flashed Paul's B888 it WILL NOT fix your low volume issue. You need to update to official B885 first or flash the official B884 6 or 8. Then flash Paul's rom.

Guest SolitaryCZ

I did apply stock B886 and that made sound feature available, after that I just installed Paul's B888 again. Awesome, thank you all...