ZTE popular way to update mobile phone-------SD card upgrade

Guest fly77girl87

Guest fly77girl87

Do you know how to update your mobile phone without network?Do you want to update your mobile phone at anytime? Here I can tell you SD card is another better way to update your mobile phone.

You just need to download the update software to your SD card, then run the update in your mobile phone, by this way,you can update your mobile phone at anytime and anywhere and save the network traffic of your mobil phone.Moreover, this kind of upgrade/update is more stable.

Besides, you can store the update software in your SD card for regularlly update mobile phone to keep the mobile phone run smoothly.

Edited by fly77girl87

Guest BLu3HaZe

What sort of stupid advice is that?? Right, regularly update your software by installing the same update... lol. Spammers these days, defines a new level of idiocy

Guest BLu3HaZe

I thought much the same, but employees or not, what they're doing is classic spamming as opening so many new threads for the same thing over and over is quite unacceptable. As the post had a edit, I figured only a human and not a bot would add things as an afterthought.

Besides, I knew MoDaCo to be a forum where people love modding their phones and being adventurous, like XDA, not a replacement for manufacturer support site.

Guest BLu3HaZe

:P

Is Tapatalk free? I'd like to get it but missed when MoDaCo offered it cuz Play Store FC'd, and can't seem to find a link from here now.

Edit (Afterthought) - ZTE people here? Hey!! Give us the BCM4330 drivers/source and other parts of the ROM source you haven't released? That'd be more productive too than linking your support site :) You will have happy customers to, maybe, buy another ZTE product if you help us get our front cam and wireless working properly.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

I think Tapatalk is around £4 but worth it imo.

I contacted ZTE about the BCM4330 and they aren't willing to help in the slightest. I'm going to have to figure out this BT issue by myself.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Ah, that's where the issue comes up, it's not easy to do internet transactions from here. And the expense of an average family for a day, so maybe later, thanks for telling btw.

Hmm, some selfish beeeep, them ZTE... I'll get an Ascend P1S next time. We're lucky to have you and atleast a few other devs working on the Crescent. Hope the fix won't be unreasonably difficult.

Guest irishpancake
If you want an App which costs, just use a black market App, Like Blackmart Alpha, ADVERTISING SPAM or Snappz Market.

Man.....you soooo crazy.....

Warez!! Market....you will be banned....

think of the Devs....they put in such a lot of work....and you advertize Warez... just stoopid

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a little reminder that users should not post, advocate or otherwise discuss pirate software on the forum. Thanks.

P

Guest AmbushReality

Just a little reminder that users should not post, advocate or otherwise discuss pirate software on the forum. Thanks.

P

sorry >_<

Guest BLu3HaZe

Thanks for the heads up Paul

@Ambush - I prefer legit but free apps, ads are not a big concern. Devs get money, we get apps, everyone is happy that way :)

Guest Reider59

Think I paid £1.99 for Tapatalk, though it may have been an offer. Its well worth the money and far better than Forum Runner. But Forum runner is similar and free, or at least was if it's changed. I made my photographic forum conversant with both.

Guest irishpancake

Think I paid £1.99 for Tapatalk, though it may have been an offer. Its well worth the money and far better than Forum Runner. But Forum runner is similar and free, or at least was if it's changed. I made my photographic forum conversant with both.

Agreed.....FR free is totally crippled, just read function, no reply function, no attachments, no nuttin!!!

Spend the £1.99/€2.49 TT2....no regretz, honest!!!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Agreed.....FR free is totally crippled, just read function, no reply function, no attachments, no nuttin!!!

Spend the £1.99/€2.49 TT2....no regretz, honest!!!

And you stay updated, forever :)

Guest fly77girl87

What sort of stupid advice is that?? Right, regularly update your software by installing the same update... lol. Spammers these days, defines a new level of idiocy

Hi, here I'd like to clarify that I'm really from ZTE representative, we wouldn't post some spam or something else in this forum , we just try to offer some useful information or advice to our ZTE users, but just only for ZTE users. Every ZTE user can get the latest and updated information here and consult some technical support from me. I think most of ZTE users would accept this way to provide after-sales support.So hope you can understand that.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

If you really want to assist your users you could provide the Qcom codec pack that Tilal and Dazzozo have been looking for to finally have your phones recognised fully for CM9 by CyanogenMod. The more assistance you provide, the more phones you will sell.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest BLu3HaZe

Hi, here I'd like to clarify that I'm really from ZTE representative, we wouldn't post some spam or something else in this forum , we just try to offer some useful information or advice to our ZTE users, but just only for ZTE users. Every ZTE user can get the latest and updated information here and consult some technical support from me. I think most of ZTE users would accept this way to provide after-sales support.So hope you can understand that.

Dear ZTE Rep, while I appreciate your concern in providing after sales support, what I actually pointed out was that you had written about copying the update to the SD card and installing the same "update" regularly, as unacceptable advice. If you were installing the same package, it won't really be an update, would it?

Secondly, I strongly believe anyone with half a brain could look up the ZTE site and support sites through, and receive clear instructions how to update their phones and why they should. If that information is not readily available at your site, then you should seriously consider fixing that issue first.

Next, what I referred to as spam was not your mere post about the support site, but the opening of multiple topics saying the same thing. In the past week, we all have seen more than 10 new topics offering similar advice about updates and support from your company. As there is something called forum ethics, your actions have more or less bordered on spam, and anyway I believe we all found it irritating to go through so many threads with different topics, only to find the same thing.

Lastly, you should also keep in mind that while this forum is very famous throughout the internet for many smartphone related issues and modifications, only a handful of actual device users are present persistently in this forum, and those are mostly though not all, enthusiasts who like modding their phones and not keep it as stock. Therefore you're targeting a very limited audience who already knows what you say or just don't have any need of it. As the probability of someone finding this thread through Google or something is very slim. Hope I explained clearly what I meant, and that no offense was intended by calling you a spammer as I was only describing the behaviour of some ZTE support personnel in the last few days :)

If you really want to assist your users you could provide the Qcom codec pack that Tilal and Dazzozo have been looking for to finally have your phones recognised fully for CM9 by CyanogenMod. The more assistance you provide, the more phones you will sell.

Is this codec pack compatible for ICS? Forgive my limited knowledge in that area, but I was under the impression hardware support is implemented somewhat different to GB in ICS? Which is why I didn't mention that, along with it possibly being proprietary.

Anyhow, awesome if we get it going somehow

@fly77girl87 - Now this is something you could help us, your customers, greatly if you were able to obtain this.

OR you could try getting ZTE to develop an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to the Crescent, as Dazzozo here has already proved we can run it and it's actually faster that Android 2.3 Gingerbread you shipped this with :P

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest BLu3HaZe
I don't think its ZTE which wont release them. It'd qualcomm

I thought they were proprietary, close sourced and copyrighted and all that in the first place.. :/