MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X Tegra 3 (Sense + Vanilla) - NEW: more Vanilla, TeamViewer QS + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest elaget

I didn't wipe before I put on the vanilla but have since wiped and flashed the sense Rom and have no issues at all.

Is this vanilla or sense style people app?

Weather cities are working OK for me now, I wonder if you have an incorrectly disabled process? Investigating now.

Could you do:

'adb shell pm list packages -d'

P

That gives me:

package:com.google.android.apps.books

package:com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel

package:com.google.android.ears

package:com.google.android.videos

Cities is one thing, the really annoying problem is the Sense peoples app which crashes with the error "SQLiteException: no such function: UCS2_LOWERCASE" as mentioned by several people. Any suggestions, I would be happy to try it! :)

Guest elaget

Cities is one thing, the really annoying problem is the Sense peoples app which crashes with the error "SQLiteException:no such function: UCS2_LOWERCASE" as mentioned by several people. Any suggestions, I would be happy to try it! :)

Full wipe (again) and installed prebake Sense - everything is working. Frustrating...

Edit: Installed my custom bake without wiping. Errors came back.

Edited by elaget

Guest PaulOBrien

That gives me:

package:com.google.android.apps.books

package:com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel

package:com.google.android.ears

package:com.google.android.videos

Cities is one thing, the really annoying problem is the Sense peoples app which crashes with the error "SQLiteException: no such function: UCS2_LOWERCASE" as mentioned by several people. Any suggestions, I would be happy to try it! :)

Looking into this now before I push the next release.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

A new update is in the kitchen! :)

A number of things as you can see in the changelog below, there's 2 key test items for 'vanilla style'. Aiming to get 100% vanilla so far as possible for true 'best-of-both-worlds' ROMs.

Due to time / bandwidth constraints I can't get the pre-bakes up tonight, but will try and do so tomorrow.

P

Changelog

28th August

• The kitchen now includes TEST releases of AOSP style Phone and System UI apps, a big step in the question for a true best-of-both-worlds ROM. Please report back how you get on.
  • Stock lockscreen can now be used (deselect HTC lockscreen) when using the AOSP Phone app as detailed above
  • TeamViewer QuickSupport added to the kitchen.
  • MoDaCo bootscreen (can be disabled in the kitchen)
  • All apps updated to the latest versions
  • Contact linking should now work correctly in Sense people app
  • Toggle2G now works on this ROM (you can use the update.zip installer!)
  • Other internal fixes and improvements

Guest PaulOBrien

It should automatically force the Google Contacts / Dialer when it builds, but select that (and not the HTC version) just in case. ;)

Remember this is very much in the test phase as getting it working was a pretty major undertaking! :)

P

Guest elaget

A new update is in the kitchen! :)

A number of things as you can see in the changelog below, there's 2 key test items for 'vanilla style'. Aiming to get 100% vanilla so far as possible for true 'best-of-both-worlds' ROMs.

Due to time / bandwidth constraints I can't get the pre-bakes up tonight, but will try and do so tomorrow.

P

I can confirm that my custom bake has no problems with the people app nor the cities for weather and world clock.

Thanks Paul!! :-)

-e-

Guest PaulOBrien

I can confirm that my custom bake has no problems with the people app nor the cities for weather and world clock.

Thanks Paul!! :-)

-e-

Hurrah!

Just a heads up - if you flash a ROM without wiping with the vanilla browser where you had previously used the HTC Browser, you need to 'clear data' on the Browser for it to work.

P

Guest Darren Richards

Installed the new experimental mods and seems to be working fine. I have had a FC on the Google messaging app but that's about it. My main problem is that my signal strength doesn't go beyond 2 bars ever! I don't know if this is just a visual thing but no matter where I am it doesn't go beyond the first 2 bars. Any ideas as to why this is or how I can fix it?

Thanks.

Edited by Darren Richards

Guest thedroidfanatic

I'm new to the MCR ROM (Though I am a ROM developer and beta tester on XDA) , and am a bit confused. So without being ad free or a premium member, I can't access the newest "Best of both worlds" ROM? :( And 'm ab it confused about what prebakes are. yes I read the OP. Thanks :D

Guest Brembo109

Hi and welcome to modaco :-). If you want to use the kitchen to modify your Rom, you need to be a ad-free or premium member that's right. If your not one of these you can only use the prebakes. Prebakes are kitchen Roms with Pauls magic in it :-D. One is stock called sense, the other is without htc things called vanilla. I think you know the most things I said, so pick the pieces you don't :-P

Edit: I think Paul will add the "Best of both world" things to prebakes later when he is sure there save and stable to use

Edited by Brembo109

Guest thedroidfanatic

Hi and welcome to modaco :-). If you want to use the kitchen to modify your Rom, you need to be a ad-free or premium member that's right. If your not one of these you can only use the prebakes. Prebakes are kitchen Roms with Pauls magic in it :-D. One is stock called sense, the other is without htc things called vanilla. I think you know the most things I said, so pick the pieces you don't :-P

Edit: I think Paul will add the "Best of both world" things to prebakes later when he is sure there save and stable to use

Ah :D

Thanks a lot, you cleared it out, I knew about vanilla and stuff, but was confused about the kitchen and pre bakes, thanks a lot mate :D

Guest Brembo109

Installed a custom bake for testing, but weather widget can´t find my location.

These are my kitchen choices, if it helps in anyway.

a

Guest Darren Richards

Hi Paul. Did you manage to sort out the signal representation issue? Want to re-bake a ROM and was wondering if this had been rectified before I did it. Thanks :D

Guest carthesis

Hmm. I've had an issue with the ir5 release - baked a custom version (which has done nothing more than removing one or two standard apps I don't use like 'Stocks', and remove the unused languages), and installed it on my phone which previously had ir2 running perfectly.

Did a full 'SuperWipe' script clearout before install, and flashed the ROM through ClockworkMod.

Phone went into a bootloop where it'd get as far as the HTC boot image, sit there for 10 secs or so, then restart. Nandroided back to ir2 for now. Any clues? Options.txt below.

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

Guest carthesis

You have to manually flash the new boot.img othewise it'll boot loop

Ah - so Clockwork isn't flashing the boot.img as part of the ROM build? Curses. Can't do that at work - not allowed ADB.

Guest Brembo109

Ah - so Clockwork isn't flashing the boot.img as part of the ROM build? Curses. Can't do that at work - not allowed ADB.

Nope, because of the hox isn't s-off you have to flash ist manually ever time changing Rom or kernel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest billydavey

For some reason the Google wallet application won't show on my phone in the list of apps, even though it was in my bake and appears in system/app directory, I've tried a few reboots and installing the rom again but I can't get it to show, any ideas?