• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Having some trouble after doing kernel flash!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi guyz,

I am totallly newbie here, this is my first post. I am having some problem with my phone after some customization. Let me debrief the whole incident:

1. I updated my phone to stock gingerbread 2.3.3 yesterday night.

2. The phone information are as following:

Baseband version - I9000DDJV5

Kernel - 2.6.35.7-I9000XXJVO-CL182937se.infra@SEP-51 #2

Build number DDJV9

3. Then I flashed the phone with a rooted kernel, it was the same kernel just rooted additionally.

4. Superuser, tweaks and CWM got installed.

5. I took a back up of the system.

6. I flashed my phone with a Voodoo kernel.

And the problems started. They are not huge problems but still....

1. Superuser access revoked

2. Can enter CWM in recovery mode but not in normal mode. Cannot create any new backups. :(

3. Cannot enter Tweaks

4. Wallpapers not opening

5. I have not checked any other apps yet.

I restored my phone with previous back up but no good. Same problems persists. Also I cannot here the sound during booting.

Now I need suggestions for the following:

1. Should I get back to original 2.3.3 kernel and then root again? If yes, then how to do it?

2. Should I flash any other rom to resolve these issues?

3. I want to use Voodoo sound mod to enhance music experience, how should I do that?

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

:)

Some additional update:

I did a restore and then wiped the cache and data and now I cannot receive any phonecalls/sms.

:( :(

Guyz please suggest something how to get back to stock rom/resolve these issues.

:( :(

Edited by simforgotten

Posted · Report post

Guyz please help me out, I am in lots of trouble. Please suggest something to solve the issues.

Ok

I did some googling and after that I have modified my rom to gingerbread 2.3.6 with baseband XXJW4 and build XWJW5. Then I flased the semaohore 2.7.4 kernel. I have got the script manager installed but I have no root access and hence cannot use any features of the semaphore kernel. Can please anyone help me out on how to root my phone so that I can use all the features of semaphore 2.7.4?

Thanks.

I have checked with root check app and it says my phone does not has root access. I got CWM installed though.

Also, I tried to download and install superuserSU by chainfire, it got installed and I got prompt for binary update, I clicked to update but the message came as "installation failed".

:(

Edited by simforgotten

Posted · Report post

Guyz please suggest something.

Is the semaphore 2.7.4 already a rooted kernel? If yes, then how come I cannot use the semaphore features in my phone? Also, no superuser.

:(

Posted · Report post

Ok, after uninstalling the superuserSU and installing just superuser, my issue got resolved.

Thanks for your help.

:)

I am having some issue with the video player. I recently copied two 720p videos they are runnung well but no sound can be heard. I have some other 720p videos and they are runnign properly with sound. The recent two videos are both dual audio. Is there any compatibility issue?

Edited by simforgotten