[ROM] Mokee OS (CM 7.2 on steroids) [Updated 24/06]

Guest crnadakm

Guest RaAmon

This looks very good ... :) and with launcher pro i am at home ... :) i just install it and everything is going well at the moment; I'll try more calm for a few days.

Thank you very much again, C3C0

Guest C3C0

@MrDetonator

You can install it yourself. No problem. You can also uninstall Launcher Pro using Link2SD (included in rom) that is capable of uninstalling system apps.

It also allows to make user app a system app. So after installing GO from market you can make it a system app via function in Link2SD

Edited by C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

@MrDetonator

You can install it yourself. No problem. You can also uninstall Launcher Pro using Link2SD (included in rom) that is capable of uninstalling system apps.

It also allows to make user app a system app. So after installing GO from market you can make it a system app via function in Link2SD

Sure. LauncherPro is much faster then previous.

But at first launch I received error that LauncherPro is loading too long and choose "Force close" and "Wait". After that it works normally.

Homescreen settings has mixed languages menu (in Number of Screens), see screenshot. I see this menu in other settings too where answer Yes/No requires.

post-968903-0-95250500-1338925723_thumb.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest C3C0

Right :D Thanks for pointing this out. This comes from my slovak version of MoKee... I forgot to change the slovak version of LauncherPro.

The problem is that the dev of launcher pro made it not very multilanguage-wise and hardcoded quite a large amount of messages directly into code so to make a complete slovak version I had to change those hardcoded strings. Since they are hardcoded they don't follow the system language setting.

I should make another package with the correct launcher, though.

Guest MrDetonator

Flashable LaunherPro installer (original version): http://tinyw.in/p0i2

Flashable GO Launcher installer: http://tinyw.in/UuF9

Thanks!

I have strange issue... I open browser, type web-address, press "Go" on keyboard and... nothing happens. It works normal after about 10 attempts...

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest C3C0

I switched to default browser (since I use Dolphin) and tried entering couple of URLs followed by pressing go and no issues here. You must be cursed or something :D

Guest MrDetonator

I switched to default browser (since I use Dolphin) and tried entering couple of URLs followed by pressing go and no issues here. You must be cursed or something :D

Hehe, I said it's strange. It happened only in beginning.

- latest kernel with volume boost - how to increase volume?

Guest C3C0

Hehe, I said it's strange. It happened only in beginning.

- latest kernel with volume boost - how to increase volume?

It's already slightly boosted without need for additional settings. But if you want more, use dsp manager to set equalizer for speaker according to your preferences.

Guest MrDetonator

Oh, I see.

On maximum volume the sound quality is poor.

Ringer sound is still low, if it's increased then not enough, it's still quiet.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest MrDetonator

I know I already mentioned in the S3 thread. You can find more info on this kernel there.

In CM7.2 it's same problem, I remember you discussed it with some guy.

For example, in stock ROM, after increasing the volume with Volume+ sound was good.

After using same Volume+ in CM7.2, quality is awful.

Which thread, I didn't find it.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest MrDetonator

Ooh, I'm scared of an over-flash from IA III- how would I go about? Just the same as upgrade from 7.2?

You can read it in first post.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest C3C0

In CM7.2 it's same problem, I remember you discussed it with some guy.

For example, in stock ROM, after increasing the volume with Volume+ sound was good.

After using same Volume+ in CM7.2, quality is awful.

Which thread, I didn't find it.

Guest C3C0

Ooh, I'm scared of an over-flash from IA III- how would I go about? Just the same as upgrade from 7.2?

There's nothing to be scared of if you make a backup of your current Tom before flashing. This will allow you to revert in case of problems

Guest MrDetonator

Yeah, sound is distored.

As a suggestion - maybe the reason can also be in difference of Android versions, 2.3.5 and 2.3.7.

About launchers: main function that lack in current launchers (Pro and ADW) is closing apps and selecting locked to free memory like in Go Task Manager. And uninstalling by long press the app too (but in Pro there's similar function).

I test Flash Player and it doesn't seem to work, at least with stock browser.

Is there a way to copy something on system memory, for example with ES explorer when going to root directory, in stock it was possible?

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest m0ther

hi

2 minor issues have come up for me so far;

CPU spy v0.4.0 fails with error "no states file found" - if you are using a custom rom inform the developer the states file is not readable". it worked in CM7.2 RC3.

i have replaced the link to the stock browser (the right hand one in the launcher bar) with one for dolphin HD. this works fine until i rotate the screen into landscape mode - then it swaps back to the stock browser link and icon again (!)

i then have to recreate the shortcut to get dolphin back

my workaround is to disable screen rotation for now .. anyone else get this or is it just me..?