[ROM] Mokee OS (CM 7.2 on steroids) [Updated 24/06]

Guest crnadakm

Guest RaAmon

Antutu2.7.3

IceArmorIII+ -> 2309 (199, 346, 259, 305, 760, 230, 97, 113) @ 998 MHz

MokeeOS -> 2297 (152, 318, 246, 302, 733, 240, 123, 183) @ 979 MHz - CRASH @ 998 MHz

It is coincidence or Mokee handles better the input/output on the microsd card?

Edited by RaAmon

Guest MrDetonator

hi

2 minor issues have come up for me so far;

CPU spy v0.4.0 fails with error "no states file found" - if you are using a custom rom inform the developer the states file is not readable". it worked in CM7.2 RC3.

i have replaced the link to the stock browser (the right hand one in the launcher bar) with one for dolphin HD. this works fine until i rotate the screen into landscape mode - then it swaps back to the stock browser link and icon again (!)

i then have to recreate the shortcut to get dolphin back

my workaround is to disable screen rotation for now .. anyone else get this or is it just me..?

I think it's launcher error. You can install other launcher to fix it yourself

Guest m0ther

thanks - i'll give that a try.

one more thing - can i change the colours in the messaging application - currently they are blue and green.. i guess there are themes somewhere but i can't for the life of me find where to change them..

Guest banemitre66

link is down. please reupload.

yup,same problem,just lost an hour for download of 38mb before i noticed the link is broken.

Guest crnadakm

is the center clock included in latest build and if not is it compatible or it has to be new one?

No it is not included, just flash the clock zip. It should be compatible.

Guest banemitre66

Ok.Center clock is compatible,I do prefer launcher pro,everything looks and works great,once again THANX.Just one small thing,who the hell thought that navigation is

unnecessary app?

Guest C3C0

In this case it wasn't meant to be unnecessary. The reason why I removed this one is that users normally use different navigation apps so everyone

installs the preferred one. This saves a lot of space on system partition.

Guest crnadakm

Ok.Center clock is compatible,I do prefer launcher pro,everything looks and works great,once again THANX.Just one small thing,who the hell thought that navigation is

unnecessary app?

It was removed due to ROM resizing, you can alway install it from the market...

Guest banemitre66

I understand all that but for me navigation in previous build worked perfectly ,now google play don't give me option for download,I just tried installing apk version 6.5 but it say not yet available in this location,so if anyone could give me link for nav that was used in previous build or something like that.Great job on sound i didn't know that was possible whit software thought it was hardware issue,i just started hiccups from my latest notification.

Guest C3C0

Will make a flashable zip for you. But you must have more than 150MB system partition.

You can check in terminal emulator by issuing commad "df"

Edited by C3C0

Guest banemitre66

I am using sistem partition of 200mb think that is enough,and thank you c3co for flashable zip,and for all other work you done on this rom and all the others,you're greatest.

Guest Stu C

Will make a flashable zip for you. But you must have more than 150MB system partition.

You can check in terminal emulator by issuing commad "df"

Would it be better to follow the appoved CM way, and have GAPPS separate from the ROM install? CM7 fits into a 140MB partition, then GAPPS installs without issue. Personally, I don't like GAPPS included because it gives users more choice and flexibility in what they install if it is separate, and (I think) baking them into the ROM goes against Google policies.

Edited by Stu C

Guest C3C0

Well, It's like that in original MokeeOS. Gapps were already included so I left it there. They were not added by me.

I normally have gapps separately. See my CM7.2 RC3 build.

@banemitre66

Anyway, here is the maps installer.

In case you don't want it in the system partition just simply extract zip and use apks to install it normally.

http://tinyw.in/BXuO

Edited by C3C0

Guest banemitre66

Great,thank you once more and please don't touch anything about sound i'm for the first time satisfied with it,just one question i was playing flac format in tilals cm9 does cm7 support flac?

Guest C3C0

Yeah, sound is distored.

As a suggestion - maybe the reason can also be in difference of Android versions, 2.3.5 and 2.3.7.

About launchers: main function that lack in current launchers (Pro and ADW) is closing apps and selecting locked to free memory like in Go Task Manager. And uninstalling by long press the app too (but in Pro there's similar function).

I test Flash Player and it doesn't seem to work, at least with stock browser.

Is there a way to copy something on system memory, for example with ES explorer when going to root directory, in stock it was possible?

You can access system partition using ES File Explorer. You just need to set root and in case you want to write to system partition you must also allow rw mode in ES file explorer settings. You can try moving the Flash apk from system to data partition to see if it works. It looks like it stops working as soon as it is put on the system partition.

Guest banemitre66

Yeah, sound is distored.

As a suggestion - maybe the reason can also be in difference of Android versions, 2.3.5 and 2.3.7.

About launchers: main function that lack in current launchers (Pro and ADW) is closing apps and selecting locked to free memory like in Go Task Manager. And uninstalling by long press the app too (but in Pro there's similar function).

I test Flash Player and it doesn't seem to work, at least with stock browser.

Is there a way to copy something on system memory, for example with ES explorer when going to root directory, in stock it was possible?

I'm not sure who are you asking but for me if i have to choose between low sound and distortion i choose distortion ,i don't know where u from but in Belgrade the buses are loud and music distortion is much better than brrrm,brrrm,brrrrrrr.

Guest MrDetonator

I'm not sure who are you asking but for me if i have to choose between low sound and distortion i choose distortion ,i don't know where u from but in Belgrade the buses are loud and music distortion is much better than brrrm,brrrm,brrrrrrr.

In previous 2.3.5 ROMs sound was good so it's definately some error here, Ceco's already working on it.

Guest banemitre66

In previous 2.3.5 ROMs sound was good so it's definately some error here, Ceco's already working on it.

I agree that it would be great to have cleaner sound I'm just afraid of losing loudness ,lol