• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

how to load a new rom on ZTE LINK

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hello i have rooted my zte link but rom manager seems to be incompatible with android 1.6

do you know how to load a new rom and where i can find a rom with android 2.1

i have heard that the zte racer is the same phone as zte link but with an android 2.1

Posted (edited) · Report post

http://raceroms.co.uk/

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/331762-[RECOVERY]-:-ClockworkMod-Recovery-for-ZTE-Racer

:)

evening, if not got on already, install clockwork mod recovery to your phone. follow the instructions at the 2nd link, then download a rom from racer roms as a starting point, do not use rom manager, as it does not support the racer. and will do bad things to your phone.

enjoy :)

Edited by plegdroid

Posted · Report post

hi.

i hv zte link bought from france running on 1.6

i hv tried many racer roms but none hv worked so far.

ny help would b highly appreciated.

thnx

Posted · Report post

Hi, I seem to recall someone else having problems flashing their ZTE Link I thought he made a mistake however now I'm not so sure.

I did some checking and I believe the ZTE Link although looks like a Racer is in fact a ZTE N600, the Racer should be an X850.

I'm not sure what's different internally but the source code for the Link is available from ZTE's Android page - http://supporthk.zte.com.cn/support/news/NewsMain.aspx?type=service#

Richard S.

Posted · Report post

If you can restore your original operating system is would be interesting to see your partition layout maybe it's different to the Racer.

For this you need to open a terminal emulator (or abd shell if you have the Android SDK installed) then enter: mount

Richard S.

Posted · Report post

thnx for d rply @redhawkuk

i hv attched d screen shot of my mounts

hv a look nd tell me if u find nything..

Posted · Report post

Hi, I cannot see any attachments for some reason.

Anyway here is a screen dump of mount and df

android21_mounts.jpg

Take note of mtdblock they could be in a different order and size to your Link.

Richard S.