[ROM / 4.0.4] AndyStrip ICS 2.1 (Aug 13)

Guest Csharpe

Guest Csharpe

Hey,

I've been investigating and there seems to be something wrong with Settings causing high cpu usage.

I think porting existing ROMs isn't the way to go (anymore), and I'm trying some builds of CyanogenMod 9 nowadays.

Sad part: on my 3 year old laptop a build takes around 1 hour, so I'm still looking for a buildbox.

Guest Tichy

I always liked CM7 on my old x10 Mini so I’d be more than happy to be a guinea pig for you.

Is there a way I can help you on builds? Don't know anything about the coding side, but could spare some CPU time.

• 1 month later...

Hi, bit of a problem here.

I installed 1.1 fine but.... Now I don't seem to be able to get it talking to my PC correctly now, when I power on with Vol + held, I get the android logo robot flat on his back with a warning triangle.

The Pad is detected on my PC as a Teclast and the USB hardware ID's are

USB\VID_18D1&PID_D001&REV_0222

USB\VID_18D1&PID_D001

I butchered the rockusb.inf file to add the ID's and it loaded the drivers OK but when I tried to flash 1.1 to it again it failed.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tony_J

I've uploaded a new version of the ROM. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Loaded it up just fine and am giving it the once-over today. One thing I noticed was that there is no "people" app (contacts) - was that intentional? There are plenty of alternatives so this isn't a big deal - I have loaded up the one from contapps which seems to work OK.

Thanks for doing this...

Regards,

Tony

Guest Csharpe

Loaded it up just fine and am giving it the once-over today. One thing I noticed was that there is no "people" app (contacts) - was that intentional? There are plenty of alternatives so this isn't a big deal - I have loaded up the one from contapps which seems to work OK.

Thanks for doing this...

Regards,

Tony

Hi,

The missing Contacts.apk wasn't intentional but is due to some conflicts causing it not to show up. As it isn't a priority I'll look into it later.

I'm about to upload a v2.1 which has Live wallpapers, Superuser fixed (root) & adb support through stock Android SDK drivers.

I've been using it for a day now & it's been the most stable ROM so far (but who am I to claim).

Regards,

Cedric

Edited by Csharpe

Guest kokotron

Good work :) I installed the rom and it seems to work fine. I don't mind the missing People app since I have no use for it on the tablet. What confused me is that the Play Store was missing all paid apps. In order to install my purchased apps I had to go through the "ALL" list in my apps list in the store and scroll down to locate them. This probably has to do with the default location used for the Store, I remember I had to change it to something else in the previous rom version (I can't remember what I changed it into, though.). I might install Market Enabler and test.

PS. The keyboard seems to function much better and the overall feel is more responsive and less laggy, I think!

Edited by kokotron

Guest Csharpe

Good work :) I installed the rom and it seems to work fine. I don't mind the missing People app since I have no use for it on the tablet. What confused me is that the Play Store was missing all paid apps. In order to install my purchased apps I had to go through the "ALL" list in my apps list in the store and scroll down to locate them. This probably has to do with the default location used for the Store, I remember I had to change it to something else in the previous rom version (I can't remember what I changed it into, though.). I might install Market Enabler and test.

PS. The keyboard seems to function much better and the overall feel is more responsive and less laggy, I think!

As far as I know, Google actually removed the functionality of showing your bought apps (back in the Android Market days).

Either it's removed or missing, but I recall reading a bug report about this on the Android development fora.

It would surprise me if this has to do with the 'hack' to get market to point to the UK, but I'll see what I can do.

Guest Tony_J

As far as I know, Google actually removed the functionality of showing your bought apps (back in the Android Market days).

Either it's removed or missing, but I recall reading a bug report about this on the Android development fora.

It would surprise me if this has to do with the 'hack' to get market to point to the UK, but I'll see what I can do.

I believe you are right- the Play app on my Desire S didn't/doesn't have that functionality either. It isn't anything to do with the AP or this ROM as far as I can see.

Regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony_J

Guest kokotron

Then I suppose it has to do with the carrier you have or emulate. I switched from O2-UK to Cosmote-Greece (my normal one on my phone, code is 20201) and paid apps appear in searches again. For the last 18 months I've always been able to see paid apps on all devices I've used and seen around here.

Guest kokotron

Quick question - has anyone experienced the keyboard mis-typing or jumping between letters and numbers?

At first I thought it was fixed, but I noticed a few double-types or skipped letters after more usage. In the previous version, I installed Multiling keyboard since it was my favourite, but it had an even more serious bug; sometimes I would press a letter and I would get an "OK" or "Enter" press instead! So I installed JellyBean Keyboard which seemed to work better than both. I haven't tried it on 2.1 yet.

Guest zurien

Thankyou, v2.1 is a great update.

Quick question - has anyone experienced the keyboard mis-typing or jumping between letters and numbers?

I´m using SlideIT keyboard, no issues with it, but yes I experienced it with the default one.

Guest Tony_J

Thankyou, v2.1 is a great update.

Yes - have seen that a few times, also scrolling back up to the page in the web browser for no apparent reason.

Regards,

Tony

Guest Tony_J

I´m using SlideIT keyboard, no issues with it, but yes I experienced it with the default one.

Just installed Swiftkey & it is behaving itself so far.

Regards,

Tony

Guest Astralix

Hi CSharp!

Great to see that you did the job! And may thanks for the credits. But I just gave some pulses, you did the work.

So, congrats and keep on going!

Astralix

• 1 month later...
Guest fenice57

Hi CSharp

please I need help,

I've another RK2918 tablet and I've tested cifs.ko and md4.ko in your boot.img.

Works fine

Please could you tell me what kernel source do you have use? I need another kernel modules ( like bluetooth.ko and btusb.ko )

I've tried to compile this sorce

https://github.com/CM9-Pascal2

but when I launch insmod command android sey me

Unknown symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ (err 0)

Thanks

Fenice

Edited by fenice57