XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xTristinx

Still not working for me on a UK S3 on stock firmware (ALF6). Tried the android.intent.action.MASTER_CLEAR_NOTIFICATION but it's still stuck on 'Activating account'.

You must be on cm9 for it to get past the activating stage..... even then it still gets stuck at adding card for me

Guest Moleshome

You must be on cm9 for it to get past the activating stage..... even then it still gets stuck at adding card for me

Having just accidentally un-rooted myself I re-rooted via the toolkit and it miraculously works ... and then gets stuck at adding card.

Guest Hammermann

Running Diet ICS 6.4.12 rom with GW v12 loaded and stuck on Activating! I had GW on my GSM Nexus since December and it worked great. Is CM9 available for i747 AT&T? I still have a few clams stuck in my GW I could use for sleeping pills until a work around is found! Come on GSIII

Guest faquick

Hi,

I just wanted to share how I got it working (at least, activating and succesfully adding the Google prepaid card; I still have to try it in a shop) on my Samsung Galaxy S III device, running stock Samsung firmware:

First, I updated to the latest I9300XXBLFB firmware (to get past the first NFC check that fails)

Then, I modified the build.prop file following the instructions I found on this XDA post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=27680274&postcount=149

In short, we need to trick Google into thinking we have a "htc_jewel" device, since Galaxy S3 is not able to go past the "verifying your account with money network".

After this modification, clear the app's cache and data, and reboot the device.

Now login again with Google Wallet (it may ask you for your password again) and add the Google prepaid card again. After a minute-long wait... now you will have your $10!

Hope this will work for you too ;)

Guest xTristinx

Hi,

I just wanted to share how I got it working (at least, activating and succesfully adding the Google prepaid card; I still have to try it in a shop) on my Samsung Galaxy S III device, running stock Samsung firmware:

First, I updated to the latest I9300XXBLFB firmware (to get past the first NFC check that fails)

Then, I modified the build.prop file following the instructions I found on this XDA post: http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=149

In short, we need to trick Google into thinking we have a "htc_jewel" device, since Galaxy S3 is not able to go past the "verifying your account with money network".

Now login again with Google Wallet (it may ask you for your password again) and add the Google prepaid card again. After a minute-long wait... now you will have your $10!

Nice work, got mine to get past activating card with this method

Guest hjubm2

Thanks faquick, it worked perfectly on my Galaxy S III.

Now I just need to locate a rechargeable US based card that will work with this.

Guest xTristinx

Now I just need to locate a rechargeable US based card that will work with this.

I heard Vanilla Prepaid Mastercards work well, just when you are registering the card remember to use an american address just so it thinks its american based

Guest PaulOBrien

I heard Vanilla Prepaid Mastercards work well, just when you are registering the card remember to use an american address just so it thinks its american based

They aren't rechargeable are they?

P

Guest Kermagod

Hi,

Then, I modified the build.prop file following the instructions I found on this XDA post: http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=149

After searching high and low for a solution to the "adding prepaid card" error, I can confirm this has just worked on my HTC One X with a stock rooted ROM. There was no need to hide root, just followed instructions.

Edited by Kermagod

Guest dgrab
Hi,

Then, I modified the build.prop file following the instructions I found on this XDA post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=27680274&postcount=149

Nice work. Any negative implications of editing build.prop as described? Thinking some of the Samsung apps may not like it very much?

Guest Hammermann

Hi,

Took a long shot and tried this on my I747 AT&T with no luck. Tried is both on Rooted stock and Diet ICS. Still stuck on Activating.

Guest Robert Davidson

When I went to alter the build.prop I could only find one line with ro.product.model and one ro.product.device, after altering them as told and followed the rest of the instructions I was able to Activate and add a Card payment so now have $30 credit in my wallet. Thanks for making My Galaxy SIII a better phone.

Guest faquick

Nice work. Any negative implications of editing build.prop as described? Thinking some of the Samsung apps may not like it very much?

Thinking the same thing, I restored my backup copy of build.prop with proper SGS3 values. Wallet seems to be still working after that, but I cannot tell for sure until I actually try it... probably @ McDonald's :P

Guest Hammermann

I'm about at my wits end! I tried updating the build.prop using the EVO, JEWEL, GT-I9300 and the setting from my working GSM Nexus on my At&T i747 with no luck. At no point would the phone re-boot. The boot would go as far as a blink of SAMSUNG with purple swirl around it then the Samsung S III splash screen and go black. Had to perform a CWM restore each time. Any help to past the stuck on Activating that times out to a Google Wallet Had To Stop error would be amazing. Thanks.

Guest WatchDogx

Thanks everyone involved in getting this to work.

I managed to get this installed on my Galaxy S3.

One thing that tripped me up was using a market app to edit the build.prop file. (It just was not writing the changes despite claiming it was.)

I recomend just using a text editor and doing a find replace, if you are having problems.

I should be able to test this in the wild tomorow. I plan on writing back here if I have success (or failure).

EDIT: It actually works in store, receipt screenshot added.

post-985990-0-36840700-1341930091_thumb.

post-985990-0-87822300-1341965829_thumb.

Edited by WatchDogx

Guest demon82

One X Tegra 3, rooted custom rom (Paranoid android cm9) i used adb wouldnt show in my app draw, i tried with root explorer tried the combos people posted of rw rr rw rw r changed owner options still wont show up please anyone help me lol

3 hours later after changing rom i got itto show in my app drawer now to try and add the free ten buck's lol

Edited by demon82

Guest alu0506

I know I might be asking a stupid question and its my first time rooting, but how do you install Google Wallet using Root Explorer and how do you set the permissions?

Guest Titlewave

Tried on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and got the app to open, but unfortunately got stuck with the insufficient secure element privileges message. Also tried changing device info in my build.prop but to no avail. :(

Guest ogdobber

I think it can be switched back after you get the card up and going...I'm going to try it later *edit confirmed, works

Took a long shot and tried this on my I747 AT&T with no luck. Tried is both on Rooted stock and Diet ICS. Still stuck on Activating.

run a logcat while you are "activating" if you see (no smx detected) you are going to have to find some nfc libs that have it enabled and that will not break your nfc

I know I might be asking a stupid question and its my first time rooting, but how do you install Google Wallet using Root Explorer and how do you set the permissions?

long press the app after setting mount rw...scroll down and you will see it

Tried on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and got the app to open, but unfortunately got stuck with the insufficient secure element privileges message. Also tried changing device info in my build.prop but to no avail. :(

what rom? needs to be the latest (LFB) or use the nfc libs from it

Edited by ogdobber

Guest demon82

well I got it up and running just wont add a google card to it now just says try later, I even tried changing my build.prop like above

Guest xTristinx

Hey Paul i was wondering if the galaxy s3 rom you made, the vanilla one, does it have the nfc capabilities or did you only add that future in the kitchen. Im kinda have a problem where i want to use your amazing google wallet abilities with CM9 but i also want to use MHL as CM9 doesnt support it and probably never will. Your rom, if the NFC is added to the vanilla one will solve my problem because it is stock allowing MHL and moded allowing wallet :D Are you gonna add it to the Vaniila Rom in the near future?