XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lupus77

Copied the app with root explorer. But am getting "unsupported device". Running CM latest nightly on Galaxy Nexus.

But can use the app and it shows my balance of 10 USD. Does this mean Wallet is working even though I get the above message?

Guest dabl8

can't wait to use this at the post office B-)

its a problem one often have when moving apks, instead of installing. wipe the cache and you'll be good.

Edited by dabl8

Guest dabl8
I tried to install this on my AT&T One X, moved it to /system/app, set rwx rw- rw-, and I'm getting this error when I start up:

Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)

don't forget to change the owner:group to root:root . permissions are rw-r--r-- , I would assume.

Edited by dabl8

Guest wiggy30

I have eventually got mine working, didnt do anything different really, just happened to reboot when i was out in starbucks and it suddenly was all ok! Google prepaid card all registered ok and got my free $10

Guest qbus

Hello,

I've installed the APK, registered an account, got 10 free bucks. However when I came to shop and try to pay using PayPass the terminal wrote on screen to pass the card to shopkeeper ;). I had to pay with regular money. Do I need to start Google Wallet (and enter PIN at start) before I start to pay?

Guest kitfm

don't forget to change the owner:group to root:root . permissions are rw-r--r-- , I would assume.

Owner was already root. Still nothing.

Guest PaulOBrien

I updated my rom this morning. It deleted the app. Now I can't add Google card after setting the app back up :(

Did you do what it says to do in the first post when switching ROM?

Copied the app with root explorer. But am getting "unsupported device". Running CM latest nightly on Galaxy Nexus.

But can use the app and it shows my balance of 10 USD. Does this mean Wallet is working even though I get the above message?

Yes. :)

Hello,

I've installed the APK, registered an account, got 10 free bucks. However when I came to shop and try to pay using PayPass the terminal wrote on screen to pass the card to shopkeeper ;). I had to pay with regular money. Do I need to start Google Wallet (and enter PIN at start) before I start to pay?

I always run the app, not sure if that's a requirement tho?

P

Guest tomqman

Did you do what it says to do in the first post when switching ROM?

no. because i was not doing a fullwipe , just a flash over :( didnt know it was gonna wipe all systems apps . guess theres no fix unless google change something

Edited by tomqman

Guest qbus

I always run the app, not sure if that's a requirement tho?

I will do that next time. Google Help says that when doing payment I don't need to have application open that's why I didn't start it before a try.

Guest DistortedLoop

I installed this on my Tegra HTC One X that's using an AT&T SIM card here in the US. Installation went fine, setup the Wallet account without issue, got the $10 credit on the Google PrePaid card all without any issue.

Here's the weirdness on my end. The app works fine on WiFi, loads up, gives the balance on the card, account information, etc. However, if I switch to Mobile Data (AT&T network) the app will load, but it can't get the balance information. It gives a message about unable to contact the bank. Only way it can contact the bank is on WiFi (either my home network, or tethered to a Verizon Wireless device).

Could AT&T somehow be blocking the traffic for Wallet on their network? It's definitely AT&T blocking the Wallet service. I am able to get account information via Mobile Data if I use a VPN account. AT&T are such douche-bags.

I will do that next time. Google Help says that when doing payment I don't need to have application open that's why I didn't start it before a try.

You have to have opened the app and entered your pin code recently. The phone can then be off for some period of time, but it will time out eventually. This is a security measure to protect your funds. Imagine if it weren't that way and your phone was stolen...whoever found your phone could charge away on your default card with nothing to stop them.

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest salada

Is anyone else here using a Galaxy S3, and getting stuck on 'initialising device'? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Guest qbus

You have to have opened the app and entered your pin code recently. The phone can then be off for some period of time, but it will time out eventually. This is a security measure to protect your funds. Imagine if it weren't that way and your phone was stolen...whoever found your phone could charge away on your default card with nothing to stop them.

This is exactly how it works for normal plastic cards with PayPass (no PIN required when paying this way). Here in Poland quite lots of credit card terminal have Paypass interface and the limitation is that you can use Paypass only when amount you have to pay is lower then about 15 USD. That's why I have not started the application when paying (this is also what Google claims should work) but I will try to do that next time.

Update: I've just returned from shop. Now it worked ;).

post-445229-0-20987700-1338553568_thumb.

Edited by qbus

Guest AndiTails
Is anyone else here using a Galaxy S3, and getting stuck on 'initialising device'? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Same issue here. Just chainfire root added.

Screenshot_2012-06-01-11-28-08.png

Edited by AndiTails

Guest dgrab

Yup, same here too.

Guest munkiii

My balance is $3.77 so it shows it's been used and worked.

Is there a reason why i don't get anything appearing in the "Transactions" section except "No available transactions" ?

Guest TheManicGibbon

Well I tried to use it in the Sauchiehall Street McDonalds in Glasgow but it wouldn't work with my Nexus S. It was strange because although the pin terminals had adverts for contactless payments on them, they didn't have the contactless symbol and they were different from the terminals in every other McDonalds I've been too. I'm thinking they're advertising it but not supporting it?

Also, when you hold it against the terminal it's supposed to launch Wallet right? How does this work if you have a pattern lock on your device? I tried launching the app manually as well though - still nothing. Any tips?

Guest dabl8

The screen has to be unlocked for it to work, but you don't have to launch the app, is my understanding.

Edited by dabl8

Guest PaulOBrien

Well I tried to use it in the Sauchiehall Street McDonalds in Glasgow but it wouldn't work with my Nexus S. It was strange because although the pin terminals had adverts for contactless payments on them, they didn't have the contactless symbol and they were different from the terminals in every other McDonalds I've been too. I'm thinking they're advertising it but not supporting it?

Also, when you hold it against the terminal it's supposed to launch Wallet right? How does this work if you have a pattern lock on your device? I tried launching the app manually as well though - still nothing. Any tips?

Weirdness! Maybe they didn't actually have the gear just the stickers. :P

This is a confirmed issue, also on US Galaxy Notes. When I get my S3 i'll test!

P

Guest mmace

OK, having trouble, I've used ES File Explorer, put it in System/app/

set it to same as all other apps in there which is rw- r-- r-- (also tried rwx rwx rwx)

when I start my phone up I get "Wallet has stopped" and it's not in the apps list

any chance of a zip for CWM? (I don't know the commands for adb push)

Just rooted (to get this app!) and spent 3 hours installing all my apps and setting them up, stock ROM, Galaxy Nexus

Also, have I followed this right?

BFPS is the only way we know of so far to top up from within the UK?

($69 dollars [£46] to get us $50 of credit [£33])

Edited by mmace

Guest mmace

OK, having trouble, I've used ES File Explorer, put it in System/app/

set it to same as all other apps in there which is rw- r-- r-- (also tried rwx rwx rwx)

when I start my phone up I get "Wallet has stopped" and it's not in the apps list

any chance of a zip for CWM? (I don't know the commands for adb push)

Just rooted (to get this app!) and spent 3 hours installing all my apps and setting them up, stock ROM, Galaxy Nexus

Got it going

deleted the apk

used Root Explorer in stead, everything worked fine for some reason, signed in quickly, got my $10 within a minute of starting up the app for the 1st time

cheers Paul, much appreciated

am I right with the BFPS though?

only way in the UK at the moment? (bit of a rip off)

Guest mydedis

The only reason I can think of that explains why you were able to get GW working on the HTC One X is probably because it carries the exact same NFC chip as the HTC EVO 4G LTE, which is indeed officially supported: https://support.goog...&answer=1347934

I highly doubt any of you will manage to get the S3 to work, until Google/Samsung decide so :(

Edited by mydedis