XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest johno168

Update was released, i updated over the patched app and it seems to work. however im yet to find a place with paypass in Auckland, NZ =(. @paul will your create the patched one with new update? Thanks.

Guest DistortedLoop

Update to R67-4 is out and it's causing issues:

I've got the app on two different phones. One phone (which has an AT&T SIM in it) auto-updated to the latest version, which then broke the app with the not approved in your country/carrier message. I uninstalled the update from the Settings/Apps menu on the phone, and restarted it. All my user info had been wiped, but I was able to re-register without issue...and then the app immediately auto-updated from the Market/Play Store again. I repeated the uninstall of the update and quickly located the app in the Market and unchecked auto-update. I then used Titanium to try to detach it from the Market, but it still keeps showing up in My Apps and lists as an update available, even after a reboot. I'm afraid one of these times I'm going to screw up and hit update all.

The other phone, no SIM in it, did not auto-update, and Wallet doesn't even list in the Play Store on it. The app was installed the same way on both phones.

I wonder why it lists in the Market on one phone, and not on the other, and why detaching doesn't stop it. Is it because it's a system app?

Guest chrisjburgess

Tested and working for me on a One X with o2 in the UK. With the new version just released is there a chance the OP could do the same with the updated apk as it gave me carrier/country error when I tried to update it. Thank, C

Guest salada

On June 21st, the Galaxy S3 will launch on Sprint in the US, and come with Google wallet pre-loaded. Once we get that apk, I'm guessing all that would be required would be the same tweaks Paul has done to the existing apk to make this work for S3 users. Paul, if you're reading, we S3 users would be honoured if you could work your magic and make this thing work for us. :) Will be more than happy to shout you a pint mate!!!!

Guest PaulOBrien

New version uploaded - 1.1-R67-v4. Tested and working on my HTC One X Tegra 3.

Important note re: upgrading

If you are using a previous version of Wallet, please ensure you the 'reset wallet' option in the Wallet app settings.

P

Guest The-Kevster

Thanks Paul.

Seems to get stuck at Activating Account on the S3 though.

I guess us S3 users might need to wait for another update.

Guest Barbs80

presume there's no real benefit in updating this if it's already working on your phone?

Still not actually managed to test mine yet tho as I tried in Greggs but hadn't spent the £3 minimum, I then went to McDonalds but they didn't have contactless machines!

Guest DistortedLoop

Thanks for this Paul!

presume there's no real benefit in updating this if it's already working on your phone?

The older app will certainly still work at retail points.

The advantage for me of updating is it will remove the "update available" status of Wallet from the Market, which has kept me from just hitting "update all" whenever a bunch of updates come in. Does the app not show in the Play Store for you as updatable?

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest skygear

New version uploaded - 1.1-R67-v4. Tested and working on my HTC One X Tegra 3.

Important note re: upgrading

If you are using a previous version of Wallet, please ensure you the 'reset wallet' option in the Wallet app settings.

P

Did as you suggested and reset wallet app before upgrading. Now I am getting "Balance Unavailable" -Using the latest update you posted...

Guest DistortedLoop

Did as you suggested and reset wallet app before upgrading. Now I am getting "Balance Unavailable" -Using the latest update you posted...

Are you on wifi or mobile? Some carriers, ATT for sure, are blocking access to the money network. The nfc chip should still allow you to make payments, you just won't see transactions on the phone. I've gotten around carrier blocking via VPN.

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest skygear

Got off the phone with them. Limits are 2000 per month have to verify after 3 transactions. Verification they want social security number address verification and it to the public records challenge. Finally got mine to work by resetting my device I just a did a clean wipe

Guest skygear

Are you on wifi or mobile? Some carriers, ATT for sure, are blocking access to the money network. The nfc chip should still allow you to make payments, you just won't see transactions on the phone. I've gotten around carrier blocking via VPN.

Wifi - TMOBILE. I think something was corrupted on my phone. I was shifting between ALL the versions trying to see if one would work. Resolved now and have my $10 balance on it.

Guest buckofive

Has anyone got this to work on any AT&T branded phone? I have a Galaxy S II I777 with a custom ROM and NFC is working for other applications like NXP Tag Writer, NXP Tag Info - but I can't get Wallet to work despite having moved it to /system/app and setting the permissions. As AT&T have their own NFC payment service, ISIS, I suspect that they are not only blocking Google Wallet traffic on their network, but also have a different key to access the Secure Element in any AT&T branded NFC capable phone.

Is there anyone out there with an AT&T Branded One X that has gotten Google Wallet working yet?

Guest mryalhooty

I have an SGH-I777 rooted running 4.0.4 and got google wallet to install using this method, however it hangs on the activating account. Except one time it got through activating but did not recognize the NFC being active, I tried to activate NFC but the app closed and I have not been able to get past activating the account again. I have tried using both wifi and cellular data to no avail.

Edited by mryalhooty

Guest salada

Another S3 user with the activation problem

I don't think this version supports the Galaxy S3. (Was it ever mentioned anywhere that it did?) It would not make sense for Google to release it (yet), when they are doing the Sprint Galaxy S3 launch with Google Wallet in one week from now. Having said that, I dont think we have much longer to wait!!!! :)

Edited by salada

Guest Northern-Loop

I don't think this version supports the Galaxy S3. (Was it ever mentioned anywhere that it did?) It would not make sense for Google to release it (yet), when they are doing the Sprint Galaxy S3 launch with Google Wallet in one week from now. Having said that, I dont think we have much longer to wait!!!!

Fingers crossed then, seems we have 1 week to wait for S3 version then?

http://www.androidauthority.com/sprint-galaxy-s3-release-date-set-june-21-pre-orders-92624/

June 21st