XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest toddbud

Freshly rooted European S3. Used Root File Explorer to move a copy of your file to /System/App. Ran from there. Chose Install. Fails at "Application not installed". Please help!

Guest Moleshome

That's ok, it doesn't work on the S3 at the moment anyway.

Although the helpful answer would be - I used adb push to install it which worked for me. When you run the app though it gets stuck during the activation stage.

Edited by Moleshome

Guest toddbud

Freshly rooted European S3. Used Root File Explorer to move a copy of your file to /System/App. Ran from there. Chose Install. Fails at "Application not installed". Please help!

That's ok, it doesn't work on the S3 at the moment anyway.

Although the helpful answer would be - I used adb push to install it which worked for me. When you run the app though it gets stuck during the activation stage.

Actually, you are right. The install said failed, however, I noticed the icon in my apps drawer, ran it, and it got stuck on activation like everyone else...

Guest DistortedLoop

Has anyone been able to add their Citi Mastercard to this latest version? I've got no issues on the HTC One X getting my Google pre-paid to work, but Citi card always fails with an error, try again later message. I even spoke to Citi, they said as long as I wasn't using a Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE phone there shouldn't be any problem.

UPDATE: Uninstalled the app and put the original hack back on the phone. Prepaid adds no problem, but still can't get Citi card to take. Kind of frustrating, since I'd had it working. Probably should have just left it alone (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!).

Google's got a long way to go to make this a consumer friendly app/service. :(

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest DistortedLoop

I was just now able to add my Citi card to the Wallet app on my HTC One X, so whatever server side issues they were having appear resolved , at least for the time being.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone been able to add their Citi Mastercard to this latest version? I've got no issues on the HTC One X getting my Google pre-paid to work, but Citi card always fails with an error, try again later message. I even spoke to Citi, they said as long as I wasn't using a Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE phone there shouldn't be any problem.

UPDATE: Uninstalled the app and put the original hack back on the phone. Prepaid adds no problem, but still can't get Citi card to take. Kind of frustrating, since I'd had it working. Probably should have just left it alone (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!).

Google's got a long way to go to make this a consumer friendly app/service. :(

Guest ogdobber

in regards to the sgs3, it too hangs on me at "Activating device"

ran a logcat and got

D/NfcService( 2620):  _open

D/NfcService( 2620): UICC temporarily disable for _open

D/NFC_LIST( 2620): Allocated node: 0xff9e80 (0x5be1aa44)

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): ****** Deselect Secure Element ******

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode()

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): Deselect UICC

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode returned 0x95

E/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode() returned 0x0095[NFCSTATUS_INVALID_HANDLE]

D/NFC_LIST( 2620): Deallocating node: 0xff9e80 (0x5be1aa44)

D/NfcService( 2620): Store SE State [seId] : 11259376 [state] : false

D/NFC_LIST( 2620): Allocated node: 0xff9e80 (0x5be1a9fc)

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): Open Secure Element

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_Mgt_IoCtl()

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): Callback: > IOCTL successful() - status=0x0000[NFCSTATUS_SUCCESS]

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList()

D/NFC JNI ( 2620):

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): > Number of Secure Element(s) : 0

E/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): No SMX detected

shouldn't secure element be 1? if so that is the obvious problem...but how to fix?

So Paul, the question is, what can I do to help get this working?

Edited by ogdobber

Guest xTristinx

i updated my CM9 and forgot to clear the data. I didnt get the SE but i do have this Activating device problem again. ;(. i was thinking if you could get someone elses Titanium backup of a working apk login to their account (granted they used their 10 dollars and didnt add any other cards of course) and just clear the data. Or since the certificate is saved on the nfc chip why not get another battery if the chipset is there??

Guest ogdobber

in regards to the sgs3, it too hangs on me at "Activating device"

ran a logcat and got

D/NfcService( 2620):  _open

D/NfcService( 2620): UICC temporarily disable for _open

D/NFC_LIST( 2620): Allocated node: 0xff9e80 (0x5be1aa44)

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): ****** Deselect Secure Element ******

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode()

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): Deselect UICC

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode returned 0x95

E/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode() returned 0x0095[NFCSTATUS_INVALID_HANDLE]

D/NFC_LIST( 2620): Deallocating node: 0xff9e80 (0x5be1aa44)

D/NfcService( 2620): Store SE State [seId] : 11259376 [state] : false

D/NFC_LIST( 2620): Allocated node: 0xff9e80 (0x5be1a9fc)

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): Open Secure Element

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_Mgt_IoCtl()

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): Callback: > IOCTL successful() - status=0x0000[NFCSTATUS_SUCCESS]

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList()

D/NFC JNI ( 2620):

D/NFC JNI ( 2620): > Number of Secure Element(s) : 0

E/NFC JNI ( 2620): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): No SMX detected

shouldn't secure element be 1? if so that is the obvious problem...but how to fix?

So Paul, the question is, what can I do to help get this working?

so i just flashed cm9 to see if I could get it to work and low and behold it does!

the people getting NFC-EE OFF this needs to be "on" (not sure how to fix it)

going back to LF2 to see if I can figure some stuff out

Guest xTristinx

so i just flashed cm9 to see if I could get it to work and low and behold it does!

the people getting NFC-EE OFF this needs to be "on" (not sure how to fix it)

going back to LF2 to see if I can figure some stuff out

i Believe i have the solution to your problem, or at least a theory if you may say this is correct. Did you get google wallet working then wiped your phone without clearing the data. If this is incorrect then your only problem was that you did not have cm9 installed.it seems on any other rom that it will give you the 0 secure element error based on your results due to the phone not supporting wallet and not picking up the secure element while cm9 does have support. if i am right the only factor here would be the nfc-ee and nfc-c switching irractically which may be my secure element which could be fried. Well time will tell as im getting a new galaxy s3 soon

Guest ogdobber

i Believe i have the solution to your problem, or at least a theory if you may say this is correct. Did you get google wallet working then wiped your phone without clearing the data. If this is incorrect then your only problem was that you did not have cm9 installed.it seems on any other rom that it will give you the 0 secure element error based on your results due to the phone not supporting wallet and not picking up the secure element while cm9 does have support. if i am right the only factor here would be the nfc-ee and nfc-c switching irractically which may be my secure element which could be fried. Well time will tell as im getting a new galaxy s3 soon

I don't buy the secure element being "fried" however, I think it can get borked...fried meaning unfixable and borked needs a "work-around"

I believe there is something in cm9 (possibly as easy a build prop) that allows the wallet to work...

for you, I would suggest flashing the stock firmware from sam mobile via kies to get an "out of box" state...then flash cm9, pretty sure it will work then (10 bucks says it does)

Guest Moleshome

Paul,

Now that there's a version in the Play store that's compatible with the S3 (although when it runs it comes up with a 'Not supported' dialogue) I don't suppose you could patch that for us S3 users to try out?

Guest Northern-Loop

Boo, it was working for me on SGS3 CM9 but went back to stock and now restored my CWM backup and its stuck on Adding Card :(

Just thinking I have CMW Backup of the working Wallet so do I need to add money into there before I can reset account again? At the moment there is only 2USD in there

Completely stuck now,

I have added 25$ into my account and its working on CM9 Nightly 18/6,

Opened Google Wallet and clicked reset account

Installed the latest Nightly for the Galaxy S3 24/6

Now it just sticks on adding card

Edited by Northern-Loop

Guest Northern-Loop

Finally managed to sort it on the Galaxy S3, if you are having problems with "Adding Card" here is what I did.

Open Google Wallet,

Reset Account,

Opened Titanium Backup, Manage Android ID, Created a New ID.

I also restored the App and Data in TB Backup and it now shows my card loaded up with 25$ :D

Edit

I also removed my UK Credit Card from Google Wallet https://wallet.google.com/manage/#paymentMethods:

Not sure if they made any difference

Edited by Northern-Loop

Guest salada

This is the latest version...?

P

Really? My bad.. I had made some assumptions that the latest version would fully support the gs3, since it's now working/bundled with the Sprint sg3.. Therefore I assumed the version in post 1 was not that version since its not working for me. I'm still stuck on activating account. Anyway, thanks for confirming :-)

Guest lgkahn

same problem here at&t sgs 3 .. stuck on activating account.

also tried editing the build.prop and changing the two references to GT-I9300

still stuck (suck) on activation

Edited by lgkahn

Guest xTristinx

same problem here at&t sgs 3 .. stuck on activating account.

also tried editing the build.prop and changing the two references to GT-I9300

still stuck (suck) on activation

If you read up the thread you cant use google wallet on stock ICS. Just wait for CM9 as it has support for it.

This is not really the right place to ask, but anyone know if you can use that BFPS pre-paid card for my current Play Account, as i'd prefer not having to create a new one.

Basically i used to have a fake US billing address + real CC from my country attached, at first it worked just fine, then it got blocked but it still worked fine after that, then it got blocked once more and now every time i try to buy anything it'll say an error with the payment occured, if i do it again they'll block the card once more.

So just wondering if i could add this to my account and expect it to work, or if my luck has run out.