Headphone Audio Quality

Guest daveyman1

Guest nick_sub

I did eventually decided to buy a G300 and have found the sound quality to be absolutely fine, and pretty comparable with my old ZTE Skate. I use in-ear headphones. Thanks for all your comments.

Guest unaszplodrmann

e.g. if your going to be using HUGE studio type headphones which need a lot of power to be driven, then i do not know of a single phone which can use them to their full potential without an external amplifier.

IIRC most phones were high impedance earlier on, until complaints about poor performance with cheap headphones began to surface. Again IIRC, Apple were the first to lower impedance on the headphone outputs.

Guest Sonny Atwal

IIRC most phones were high impedance earlier on, until complaints about poor performance with cheap headphones began to surface. Again IIRC, Apple were the first to lower impedance on the headphone outputs.

apple have always had low power iirc, they were always designed to be used with in ear phones (the ones they came with). but their internals have always been high quality, not the best but really good (so that if someone did purchase decent in ears, they could use them with their products). just that they were designed for a specific use and for that use they are good.

if your an audiophile then the G300 is never going to sound good, people who usually ask about SQ on a forum like this usually have no idea what SQ is. head fi is where audiophiles ask questions.

i have a pair of sennheiser hd25 mk ii's which are around £125-£150 RRP not to be confused with the cheaper versions with similar names which are a much lower quality headphone. i bought them because they are really easily driven, and are studio quality and practically indestructible. i use them with an ipod because i have always had an ipod, but when it breaks, it will be replaced by a cowon device.

no budget phone will ever come close to cowon in terms of SQ, the internals are worlds apart.

Edited by Sonny Atwal

• 1 month later...

Now I have the G300 ant I think I have done a step back in audio quality from my Nokia X6... :blink:

What app do you use to play music???

I'm in Infusion B944 B05 and the DSP's adjustements are not a solution for me.

(excuse my english)

Robert

Now I have the G300 ant I think I have done a step back in audio quality from my Nokia X6... :blink:

What app do you use to play music???

I'm in Infusion B944 B05 and the DSP's adjustements are not a solution for me.

(excuse my english)

Robert

There is an app on the play store called 'beats audio installer' and it actually installs beats audio into your phone. Once installed, you should have a better sound experience, similar to the HTC range of phones.

If you do get it, you need to be rooted and you MUST make a nandroid backup before you install it. This app was not designed especially for the G300, but it should work with any phone. Just in case it does wrong, just restore to the nandroid backup.

There is an app on the play store called 'beats audio installer' and it actually installs beats audio into your phone. Once installed, you should have a better sound experience, similar to the HTC range of phones.

If you do get it, you need to be rooted and you MUST make a nandroid backup before you install it. This app was not designed especially for the G300, but it should work with any phone. Just in case it does wrong, just restore to the nandroid backup.

Finally don't work for me... :(

1) I do backup from recovery

2) Install the market free app (not the maikel8mobile

3) Reboot and... stuck on the boot logo.

4) Take battery out to reboot... stuck on the boot logo (two tries)

5) Restore the nandroid backup...

Still angry about the sound quality :(

Edit: Rom Infusion B944 B05

Edited by RC_cat

• 1 month later...
Guest bflmpesseveze

I made a lot of ROM changes on my G300 and some ROMs have worse sound than others. Now I just found some "S3 mode". I like it for its smoothness and utilities but sound is very badly. No trebles, no details only lowbass has some potentional, but Im not fan of lowbass. Im using still the same headphones (Hifiman RE-0 (G300 is not strong enough for my AKG K701 ofc:) )) and sound is different on some ROMs. You can also try Best sound player. At first start it will detect your ears + headphones quality and set ekvalizer to "better sound" for you. Not working on hifiman because all test sounds are hearable so it just boost bass for richer sound. Now im trying beats audio installer, but same as RC_cat... stuck on boot logo. Installing DSP effects to ROM where its not implemented has no effect for me. I can boost bass, add "echo", re-set equalizer to some random positions... nothing will change the sound.

Guest jazzuk777

I used the Beats Audio installer, but it seems to me that my battery life is worse since - anyone know is this likely? If so, presumably I can restore to factory settings in the usual way (and then root and restore my 5irom unlocked IMEI)