• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The case for the S3

13 posts in this topic

Posted

So, as people are starting to receive their S3s, what's the case of choice for it?

I've had my N1 safely ensconced in a Case-Mate Tough which has served it well (particularly after my uncased Nexus ended up with two smashed screens from being dropped). However, with the S3 having Gorilla glass, I'm thinking about a more svelt cover that will keep the slim form-factor whilst giving it some protection.

Case-mate are hinting at some nice covers here: http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Cases/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Cases.asp

But there's probably other options that'll appear over the next 2-3 weeks. So what cases are people looking at getting? What looks good, fits well and protects the S3?

Posted (edited)

I've decided not to keep this bumper - going to get a case-mate tough... It's too slippery for me, I know I'll drop it!

Edited by Webreaper

Posted

I've decided not to keep this bumper - going to get a case-mate tough... It's too slippery for me, I know I'll drop it!

ive just orderd a cheap £3 case

will grab the otterbox defender when it ships towards the end of the month

Posted

I just ordered a bumper case that cost me $12, but there are still multiple choices there

Samsung Galaxy S3 Cases

Posted

Does it fit well? A few of the Amazon reviews say that it's too small.

I find that it fits fine, the tab does need a bit of a pull, but I don't think its that big a problem.

I have stopped using the pouch now, I bought a bunch of cheap cases on ebay (all less than 50p) and change my case every few days XD

Posted

My wife made me a pouch case the other night. It's about 1mm too short, but I'm pretty happy.

post-162615-13530841144272_thumb.jpg

Posted

I have the Samsung thin case which comes in a twin pack. I dropped it and the corner of the case broke but protected the phone. Sadly the next drop on the same corner cracked the screen.

Gorilla glass isn't magic.

I still recommend the offical Samsung thin cases but change them if they get damaged.

I also have an otterbbox which is great but does make the phone rather bulky.