SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

Iv was try to unlock my osd and going over the radio logs and found out this there is this folder in framework.jar

framework.jar\smali\com\orange\authentication\simcard

In both orange and xolo what it dose I anit got a clue lol even with removing the hole folder the network lock still came up grrr

Guest speedy2222

Has anyone got a phone unlocked by orange yet to compare that to?

I almost had ... day after get unlock code I had to replace handset cos broken power button and since that time I waiting for new code :(

Guest i am not a hacker

Has any one tried the San Fran SIM unlock code generator?

Would be funny if they used the same system as that.

I don't think it's a matter of using a same system. I believe it is unique to the device and the IMEI

Guest almighty15
I don't think it's a matter of using a same system. I believe it is unique to the device and the IMEI

I know its the unique to each phones IMEI but it would be quite funny of they use the samw algorithm to generate a code.

I'm going to try it

Guest DumonKri

So do we have a list of what networks work?

Orange

T-mobile

Virgin

Anymore like tesco mobile for example?

None else as far as i know. Tesco runs on the O2 network like GiffGaff if i'm correct.

Guest DumonKri

I'm on Orange myself but I believe that Virgin default to the T-Mobile masts so it makes sense that they would use the same apn

Yeah that's what i assumed, been seeing some Virgin specific APNs round the web that's all. Thought that my 3G would be better considering i'm meant to be in an area that's "very good". Oh well! :wacko:

So... Stupid question, but can you pay £20 to unlock the San Diego after 3 months on T-Mobile? I'm not sure the networks are that closely integrated as companies, but I thought it was worth asking - Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

Good god Orange are useless, I asked for my unlocking code on the 16th November and once again on the 22nd December and I'm still waiting. I tried again today and he "promised" to e-mail his manager as he can't see why it didn't go through the first time and to get back to me by Wednesday(we'll see).

By the way since the OSD still directs you to the iPhone section try the "how to use your iPhone" option(are all iPhone users stupid? :) ), it'll put you through to an Irish(?) CS office rather than an Indian one which helps with any language difficulties.

Good god Orange are useless, I asked for my unlocking code on the 16th November and once again on the 22nd December and I'm still waiting. I tried again today and he "promised" to e-mail his manager as he can't see why it didn't go through the first time and to get back to me by Wednesday(we'll see).

By the way since the OSD still directs you to the iPhone section try the "how to use your iPhone" option(are all iPhone users stupid? :) ), it'll put you through to an Irish(?) CS office rather than an Indian one which helps with any language difficulties.

A few years ago when I wanted a phone unlocked by Orange it took me four attempts to get it done. Each time I called they swore blind it would be done within a few days, I gave them a week and nothing happened. After the first call each person I spoke to was very apologetic and promised immediate action, but it made no difference.

It was only on the fourth occasion when I was passed directly to some sort of elite technical support team that I got any help, he was UK based, I could hear him blazing away on his keyboard as we spoke and he looked up what had happened with the previous call (they'd done nothing), he actually sounded like he understood what I was asking for (rather than following a script) and he promised it would be done within 24 hours, which it was.

Basically your ordinary customer service rep probably doesn't know what to do, you need to speak to one of the real technical support people.

Edited by gwebb

Guest BlueMoonRising

A few years ago when I wanted a phone unlocked by Orange it took me four attempts to get it done. Each time I called they swore blind it would be done within a few days, I gave them a week and nothing happened. After the first call each person I spoke to was very apologetic and promised immediate action, but it made no difference.

It was only on the fourth occasion when I was passed directly to some sort of elite technical support team that I got any help, he was UK based, I could hear him blazing away on his keyboard as we spoke and he looked up what had happened with the previous call (they'd done nothing), he actually sounded like he understood what I was asking for (rather than following a script) and he promised it would be done within 24 hours, which it was.

Basically your ordinary customer service rep probably doesn't know what to do, you need to speak to one of the real technical support people.

Actually this guy did seem to know what he was doing, I've spoken to Tech support before in Ireland(I think) and as you say, it's like talking to a real person who can use their brain rather than some pre-programmed robot who can only read the script in front of them and are totally lost when you go off script. He checked on the system and he thinks the first time I asked the agent did everything they should have(he didn't mention the second time) but he had no idea why it wasn't followed through.

The second time I asked the agent immediately gave me £20.42 credit(which arrived instantly) for my trouble with no prompting from myself so at least it wont cost me anything. /sigh

Guest razzmataz1478
How do you do that?

After you do it adb pull /dev/log/system or adb logcat > logcat.txt while doing it. Whether it will lead to any clues depends solely on how it is implemented and whether Orange have left any log messages in the code.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest skidshow

Has anyone found an online unlocker other than Orange. Was hell just trying to get through the person when i applied in Dec , still no go code. Would happy to pay double as long as it worked. so far tried 3 different ones with no success.

That'll be a time of day/load issue. You either get Belfast or Noida depending on who has the highest load. Mind you, the service operator is an Asian firm who tend to rotate their lead staff through their "overseas" centres anyway, so even if you get Belfast you've about a one in three chance of getting someone whose first language isn't English.

Guest BlueMoonRising

He did get back to me on Wednesday but still had no idea why, he was chasing it up and said he'd phone back on Friday which he did but I'm afraid I was in the shower. He will call back on Monday.

I also had an email on Thursday from the unlocking team which went into great detail as to how to unlock my iPhone via iTunes!!!

Edit:- the email I received also mentioned that it was purely for the recipient and could not be used by anyone else so they probably think they've done there duty now.

Bugger, just had a thought and checked and they've taken £20 for the privilege, CS here I come...

Edited by BlueMoonRising