SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest brokebloke

No, Ovivo use the Vodaphone network, so no use untill unlocked

does anyone know if this phone will work with ovivo network sim ?

Guest BlueMoonRising

They changed it recently, and yes, the cost comes off your credit. Make sure you've always got sufficient to cover it.

Guest David Mo

Any idea when the 3 turned into 6 months on network before unlock? I had been planning to move my daughter and her SD to Ovivo soon, possibly using the upcoming price changes (14th March)to leave with existing credit refunded. I've recently organised getting credit back on my mums PAYG account though it was a marathon task. I was thinking Orange may unlock my daughters SD early due to the price increase though that will be very time consuming I imagine (in case you were unaware, PAYG CS are a shower of poorly trained/authorised muppets IME).

Guest David Mo

Any tips on helping me get payg credit back faster? Also is it free to call orange customer care?

Sorry, since you're dealing with Orange it's difficult as you'll rarely get the same answer or responce. What have you done so far and how have Orange responded?

I believe it costs 25p to be connected to CS from PAYG though I'm tight and always find a free method. They are 0800801080(I use an 0800 gateway from my mobile), 07973100450(not free though inclusive on my 3 contract) or dialling 150 from my Orange contract phone(PAC organised as I'm leaving and taking the family with me).

Guest BlueMoonRising

It only changed to 6 months recently, whether it actually applies to yourself or not is another matter. You would have to phone CS(450 on PAYG @ 25p per call) and ask them, use the "how to use your iPhone(sic)" option, I've had great success in getting through to Irish or English call centres during the day.

Guest Pondlife

It only changed to 6 months recently, whether it actually applies to yourself or not is another matter. You would have to phone CS(450 on PAYG @ 25p per call) and ask them, use the "how to use your iPhone(sic)" option, I've had great success in getting through to Irish or English call centres during the day.

Precious little success once you got through to them though

Guest BlueMoonRising

Just checked my balance and found an extra £25 credit put on it in the last couple of days. I guess my letter had more effect than I thought. I'd already received £20 credit the first time they messed up, perhaps I should stop calling them so much :$

Guest Internationale

I think the change came in from the 1st of Feb - if you purchased your handset before then, they should stick to the 3 month rule. I don't think they'd have much luck in arbitration saying they can modify a condition like that whenever they like, as it makes it doesn't make much of a condition, and it ends up being more like false advertising regarding the operation of the handset. If you purchased prior to Feb, push the issue with them - even better, try chat on their website, and get it in a chat log, or use the internet time machine and get a screen shot.

Guest Internationale

Not sure if you'll have much luck with the buying a 6 month old SIM. I think it has to be the SIM purchased with the handset that's active for X months.

Guest l7aTpuoT

Hi everyone. Guys, I have a rather important question for me. I bought San Diego while I was in London during Paralympics 2012 and brought it to my home in Russia. So, here's the question: is it possible for me to get an official Orange unlock? I own the device for more than three month (the old unlocking period), but it wasn't active in Orange network as I physically can't use Orange sim here in Russia - it would be far too expencive. And so might this be a reason for me to get unlock, cause I will never be an Orange customer? Of course I will pay the price for it. What do you think?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi everyone. Guys, I have a rather important question for me. I bought San Diego while I was in London during Paralympics 2012 and brought it to my home in Russia. So, here's the question: is it possible for me to get an official Orange unlock? I own the device for more than three month (the old unlocking period), but it wasn't active in Orange network as I physically can't use Orange sim here in Russia - it would be far too expencive. And so might this be a reason for me to get unlock, cause I will never be an Orange customer? Of course I will pay the price for it. What do you think?

You'd have to ask Orange. Normally they take the £20 off your credit so I don't know how you would manage it. The Paralympics were in Aug-Sept, I presume you've used it since then because otherwise they could have locked the phone itself.

Guest l7aTpuoT

Well, I can pay via credit card as well as top up my sim. I used the device with Orange sim back then for about a week. So I should contact Orange? It is possible only via phonecall or email is also possible? It's just again the matter of expensive calls from Russia abroad.

Edited by l7aTpuoT

Guest intheblue

Well, I can pay via credit card as well as top up my sim. I used the device with Orange sim back then for about a week. So I should contact Orange? It is possible only via phonecall or email is also possible? It's just again the matter of expensive calls from Russia abroad.

The Orange unlock policy is outlined in the link below:

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/474187

You could try contacting Orange, however this line in their T&C's might be your undoing if you have been out of the country for many months:

'The phone needs to be active, you can't unlock an old pay as you go phone that's no longer on an active account.'

It's probably worth a try as its the only current known way to unlock

Good luck.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Has anyone actually been successful in receiving an unlocking code from orange?

Yes of course, and it's really quick and easy. Lol, it only took me 3 months and 3 days from my first request.

Mind you they did give me 2 different lots of credit of £20 & £25, the latter after I had to resort to a letter to head office with an email copy to the executive office.

Guest kalsi20

Yes of course, and it's really quick and easy. Lol, it only took me 3 months and 3 days from my first request.

Mind you they did give me 2 different lots of credit of £20 & £25, the latter after I had to resort to a letter to head office with an email copy to the executive office.

Oh so it DOES work lol. The reason i ask is because i received a code a few days ago, my actual request for the code was in November! After constantly being told that the code has been generated and will be sent to me, i lost it and told them i will take legal action. Low and behold the code was recieved 3 days ago and it did not work..."Unlocking Unsuccesful" was the along the lines of the message i recieved on my phone. So ive contacted them again and they said they'll contact the handset department to find out what is wrong. Im guessing it will take another month or so to try and unlock my san diego once again. Kinda lost hope in this now, havent event got patience to lose anymore lol

What was the reason for you to send a letter if u dont mind me asking.

BTW i inserted a Three sim and then entered the unlock code, not sure if that makes a difference.

Edited by kalsi20