SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest BlueMoonRising

Oh so it DOES work lol. The reason i ask is because i received a code a few days ago, my actual request for the code was in November! After constantly being told that the code has been generated and will be sent to me, i lost it and told them i will take legal action. Low and behold the code was recieved 3 days ago and it did not work..."Unlocking Unsuccesful" was the along the lines of the message i recieved on my phone. So ive contacted them again and they said they'll contact the handset department to find out what is wrong. Im guessing it will take another month or so to try and unlock my san diego once again. Kinda lost hope in this now, havent event got patience to lose anymore lol

BTW i inserted a Three sim and then entered the unlock code, not sure if that makes a difference.

That's what you're supposed to do, it's possible that they sent you a code that's now expired I suppose.

I've PMed a copy of the letter that I sent to Orange(I'm in the UK) which I also e-mailed to the [email protected], feel free to adapt it to your needs. It netted me my unlock code plus an additional £25 credit(I'd already received £20) so did have an effect.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest kalsi20

That's what you're supposed to do, it's possible that they sent you a code that's now expired I suppose.

I've PMed a copy of the letter that I sent to Orange(I'm in the UK) which I also e-mailed to the [email protected], feel free to adapt it to your needs. It netted me my unlock code plus an additional £25 credit(I'd already received £20) so did have an effect.

Thank You appreciate the help!

Guest Internationale

You could try contacting Orange, however this line in their T&C's might be your undoing if you have been out of the country for many months:

'The phone needs to be active, you can't unlock an old pay as you go phone that's no longer on an active account.'

Which T&C's is that from? I'm not aware if any reference to handset locking in PAYG T's & C's. Not according to my Ctrl + F skillz anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David Mo

Could I possibly trouble you for a copy also? I've been banging my head against an Orange wall for weeks now (three issues). Olaf not being terribly helpful.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Could I possibly trouble you for a copy also? I've been banging my head against an Orange wall for weeks now (three issues). Olaf not being terribly helpful.

Done.

When I checked my account online they'd actually gave me £30 the second time so hopefully it will have some effect for yourself too.

Guest gustavbudinsky

Has anyone actually been successful in receiving an unlocking code from orange?

i was. they sent me the code in February. i started asking on 1st October. what a mess.. i have now second SD - that i started to ask to unlock in November and guess what? still no code :)

Guest alexquant

Hello all.

I've just started an unlock journey with EE/Orange for my OSD.

I contacted CS this morning to request an unlock code, and was told that I'd need to wait until 23rd June (6 months from purchase) before a request could be granted. I explained that when I bought the phone in December 2012, the period was 3 months. The CS was sympathetic, and that he had dealt with other customers who wanted unlocks but were surprised, and disappointed, that they had to wait longer than expected. He consulted with his supervisor, but no joy. So I asked to escalate this, and the CS told me his supervisor will call me back within the hour.

So, I receive a call from the supervisor within the hour, who took my email address (we double checked it was correct), and said that I should receive the code by email in 20 days, and that I need to have at least £20 credit by the next working day - I currently have £22.56.

Well, we'll see what happens. I guess that if £20 is removed in the next few days, I can assume that the process is going ahead. I will, of course, report back.

Best Wishes :)

UPDATE - Following the above, I've just had a call from the same CS who took a few more details (postal address, and confirmed email address) - he told me his supervisor was allowing this unlock process to happen as a gesture of good will. He informed me I should receive by post in the next 20 days my unlock code and that I should maintain at least £20 credit in my account for the next 20 days (or, I presume, until the unlock code is in my hands!).

Of course, I will update you all.

Edited by alexquant

Guest Biohead

My initial 3 months are up so I made that call to CS. Got told it's now 6 months - I protested and off the chap went to his manager. Although when he returned he remained firm that it's 6 months and I have to wait.

So fired off an email to the CEO office as a continuation of my previous complaint when I never received the £10 credit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest albbri78

Hi there... seems this is not a forum about unlocking the OSD but something against orange .. this is a resume of my suffering with them...

Email sent to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

--

UK Orange customer for more than 3 years.

The reason why I have decided to forward my query to all of you is because my request has been "ignored" and misplaced for few months now by several CS and supervisors at your call center.

My case : I just need the unlock code for my orange Sandiego phone. emei: 01322200023****

Basically this should be something very very simple but since January I've heard a shocking amount of excuses and lies. Today April 8 of 2013 I have not a clue what is going on.

1. Jan 2013: been told my phone needed to complete 3 months of purchase before proceed. Original date of purchase was August 2012.

2. Feb 1,2 2012. two people on CS said the case was logged and that I need to wait 20 working days before get the code Also charged me £20

3. Feb 28 : a CS representative said my two previous requests were not logged into your system. process would start over again.

4.March 16 finally an email arrived from [email protected]. But with instructions on how to unlock an Iphone.

5. Feb 22 same as previous item. CS representative insisted me to connect my orange Sandiego ANDROID to Itunes for unlocking.

6.Feb 22 money refunds started due to people did not know what to say to us.

7.March 24 called EE due to the email received . they said they do not deal with orange requests.

Until there my wife Angelica Castro as main person on the account was dealing with this. so she called and authorized me to follow up/

8.March 25. Once again nobody know anything and process start over... CS representative and a supervisor start asking me to allow 24h then 48 and finally 72 hours for the code. and said they will take ownership for this case until get solved.

9.March 28 receive a text with the message: "Hi from orange your case has been scalated to our handset unlocking team. A manager will ring you back for the updates. pls allow 48-72 hours thks"

10.April 4 a CS representative hangup on me due to was 9pm then tried calling back but system did not allowed me to continue. Nobody called me back.

11.April 5 a CS said: 3 people were already chasing this and there wouldn't case on trying again. my only option was to wait for an update or code

At this point don't know how much money was refunded to my wife but, the amount issues, time, stress and even money (in order to get an unlocked device for two trips outside UK after Feb 2013) are more we can resist.

Maybe my wife and I have lost hope on this case and EE group but believe sending a copy of this to all of you and maybe Ofcom will help others (loads of other cases on Facebook and different tech forums with same problem).

Hopefully this will help you to work hard in order to improve internal procedures and offer a "basic" but effective customer service.

Att me!

So the lucky ones with an unlocked OSD from Orange are very blessed.

This email was sent 4 days ago... lets see if something happens soon or not and i will let you know.

Albbri/

Guest Biohead

Furthermore to my last post, I have just received an email with an unlock code in it. Now, I at work at the minute so can't check it but its 16 digits long an starts with 99.

After my initial call to CS I followed it up with the CEO office and @OrangeHelpers on Twitter. The email I've received is from "unlocking requests" and seems a fairly generic email - so I have no idea which route was the one that worked. I seem to think it may be the @OrangeHelpers though, as I've not even received an acknowledgement from the CEO office.

Will check the code tonight when I finish work.

Guest mickael

For me it's OK put Free SIM card on my Orange San Diego insert unlock code that Orange send to me and it's ok :D

16 Digit and for me first number is 97

Edited by mickael

Guest Biohead

Just to confirm, the unlocking code has worked!

Originally bought in December, requested the unlock originally on 27th March (to be told 6 month requirement), and again on March 30th via @OrangeHelpers. So around 12 days for the twitter team to sort it (bearing in mind it was Easter during this period - not sure if that makes a difference).

Edited by Biohead

Guest glossywhite

Just to confirm, the unlocking code has worked!

I'm pleased to hear it!

I was just walking home from a friend's, and I got an Orange landing page, informing me "You don't have enough credit to access a paid for site"... *what*?? I was told, in store, I had a 1Gb allowance, and haven't used anywhere near even HALF of that.

Orange are unbelievably greedy with their tariffs - then they told me I had to be charged to call CS! LOL!! I think NOT!!

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi there... seems this is not a forum about unlocking the OSD but something against orange .. this is a resume of my suffering with them...

Lol albbri78, it looks like you were talking to the same people as myself. This is a copy of my letter sent to Bristol with a copy e-mailed to the Executive office :-

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing as a final resort before referring this matter to either/or the small claims court and the ombudsman since I seem to be unable to get any satisfaction or even common sense from your customer service agents.

I asked for my unlocking code for my Orange San Diego on the 16th November 2012 and waited for more than the stipulated 30 days but had to phone back on the 22nd December 2012 again to find out what was happening. The lady I spoke to immediately apologised and gave me £20.42 credit for the inconvenience without any prompting from myself whatsoever and promised she would put it through but I would have to wait yet another 30 days.

I once again had to phone back on the 26th January 2013 and the gentleman I spoke to promised to e-mail his manager as he couldn't see why it didn't go through the first time and would phone me on Wednesday 30th January 2013 which he did. He stated that he still had no idea why I wasn't able to receive my unlocking code however he was forwarding an internal e-mail to the unlocking team explaining my problem and that his manager had given permission for his name to be included which might expedite matters. He promised he would ring back on Friday 1st February 2013 which he did however I missed the call entirely due to my fault. He is the only agent I've spoken to that I had any confidence in by the way.

In between the two calls from the previous agent I had received an e-mail from the unlocking team on the 31st January 2013 gleefully explaining how I was to unlock my “Apple iPhone via iTunes”, since I own an Orange San Diego you can imagine how useful that was to myself. Just to rub salt into the wound of course you also charged me £20 for the privilege of doing so.

I now understand that an Orange San Diego IMEI number corresponds in layout to an iPhone which may explain why when I phone CS from my mobile it always directs me to the iPhone section but does not excuse your employees total lack of intelligence or common sense.

Once again(at my expense I might point out) I phoned on the 2nd February 2013 and spoke to an agent who seemed appalled at my treatment and promised he would rush it through and it should take a maximum of three days however he was hoping for 24 hours as he was marking it urgent. Apparently some people don't understand the meaning of the word 'urgent' so I wasn't particularly surprised that nothing occurred.

I last phoned up(as from the date of this missive) on the 8th February 2013 and had my least agreeable phone call with an agent of yours.

I actually phoned twice, the first one let me get as far as saying “I don't actually have an iPhone it's an Orange San Diego” before putting the phone down on me. Obviously this did not put me in a good frame of mind for an immediate phone back.

The second gentleman I spoke to was rude and rather aggressive without being abusive and claimed that it should be sorted within 48 hours while refusing point blank to refund my £20 already erroneously taken to unlock my ”iPhone” claiming that I would be charged £20 anyway so what would be the point. I pointed out that he had more faith in his colleagues than I did and that I expected(if it ever actually happened) to be charged twice. He also refused to let me speak to a manager(policy according to him) but did “promise” to escalate the previous call where the agent hung up on me and that a manager would phone me back.

Obviously with no communication at all from yourselves as of this date 13th February 2013 I suspect I have once again been ignored and he did none of things he “promised”.

I am, as are all previous purchasers of the Orange San Diego, already disappointed with your treatment of us as customers. The phone was originally being sold at a price of £200 which then dropped to £170 (the price I paid) before apparently being discontinued and sold off at a price of just £99 and all support seemingly withdrawn. We did at least get Ice Cream Sandwich updated but I don't believe Jelly Bean will ever arrive unless you can confirm otherwise.

I might point out that my original request was for my unlock code only, I did not and had no intention of asking for a PAC code to move to another supplier in order to retain my number however due to the absolutely appalling customer “service” I am now considering all my options.

What I now require from yourselves is the instant re-instatement of the £20 you took and my unlocking code sent to either the above e-mail address or my phone. I also of course do not expect to be paying for the service since it is now 3 months and many phone calls since my initial request. I have included my IMEI number above for your use.

I am sending a copy of this letter to the [email protected] in the hope that someone with some customer service experience may act on it.

Yours sincerely,

Orange Customer Services

PO Box 10

Patchway

Bristol

BS32 4BQ

I finally got my unlock code via e-mail on the 19th Feb and received another credit of £30 sometime later with no notification from anyone. I'm guessing it came from the Executive Office however since I received a letter from Bristol which made a point of stating that I'd already received £20.42 credit from themselves without actually saying they weren't going to give me anything else.

The Executive Office does seem to be the way to go.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

I forgot to add that I received another e-mail just yesterday from the unlocking team advising me of my unlocking code. I had a little chuckle for 5 minutes when the penny dropped, I sent a quick balance request text with a sinking feeling but they didn't actually charge me again . <_<

It was exactly the same code as the original by the way, which is a shame, it might a given a clue otherwise. Mine starts with a 30 by the way so don't read anything into the previously posted first 2 digits.

Guest BlueMoonRising

nothing from Orange yet. Next week will try to get some few pounds back (at least) sigh....

Either an e-mail to [email protected] or a call to the Orange Executive Office 0800 079 0134. If asked tell them that CS put you on to them, it's not like they actually communicate between themselves. :(

Edit :- Edited phone number for free toll.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest markhuges

Either an e-mail to [email protected] or a call to the Orange Executive Office 0870 870 **** just google it and the last 4 digits will appear like magic. If asked tell them that CS put you on to them, it's not like they actually communicate between themselves. :(

I know this is a Long shot :P, but This Orange Executive is actually very helpful. What the chance of someone asking her/him for the bootlocker keys and explaing how we should get them as android is open source and development for the phone is stopped? Whats the Chance

Since i always get this message : When contacting about JB to Intel :(

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

We thank you very much for the compliments, however, I would need to point out to you that we are not the primary support contact for you regarding the San Diego phone. If I could ask you to contact your provider with your question, as they would be the ones who support this phone.

Kind Regards,

>>> AFter

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support and for replying.

Unfortunately, you have been mis-informed. Intel does not provide the support for San Diego Phone. Intel merely sells the components to the providers who ultimately create the products. Therefore you provider is the only source of support, I'm afraid.

We do not have possession of the Bootloader Keys. I would recommend to contact your provider on this matter.

I'm sorry that we cannot assist you today and apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Edited by markhuges

Guest Donkey Oaty

I'm pleased to hear it!

I was just walking home from a friend's, and I got an Orange landing page, informing me "You don't have enough credit to access a paid for site"... *what*?? I was told, in store, I had a 1Gb allowance, and haven't used anywhere near even HALF of that.

Orange are unbelievably greedy with their tariffs - then they told me I had to be charged to call CS! LOL!! I think NOT!!

I think I have had the same experience.

I bought a osd yesterday morning. It took two attempts, in the first EE store the osd I was buying died before they cold pass it me. In the second store the last osd they had, had a battery so dead it won't turn on. I bought it anyway with £10 top up on the dolphin package.

At 3pm it was surprised to find I was out of credit. I had to call Orange from my other phone because without credit I couldn't call them from the osd.

It turns out that the 1gb of data can take 3 days to be enabled, so by turning on the phone and setting up my google account it had used all my £10 credit.

How stupid is that? I wasn't told I didn't have data and the only way I can test that it is there is to try to connect to something. If data package isn't enable it automatically eats any credit I have put on.

It's a stupid system. Even now over 1.5 days later I don't have data and no credit either.

Also I can't seem to get my NFC tags that work with my Nexus 7 to work properly either.

When can I get an unlock for the SIM?

Guest glossywhite

I think I have had the same experience.

I bought a osd yesterday morning. It took two attempts, in the first EE store the osd I was buying died before they cold pass it me. In the second store the last osd they had, had a battery so dead it won't turn on. I bought it anyway with £10 top up on the dolphin package.

At 3pm it was surprised to find I was out of credit. I had to call Orange from my other phone because without credit I couldn't call them from the osd.

It turns out that the 1gb of data can take 3 days to be enabled, so by turning on the phone and setting up my google account it had used all my £10 credit.

How stupid is that? I wasn't told I didn't have data and the only way I can test that it is there is to try to connect to something. If data package isn't enable it automatically eats any credit I have put on.

It's a stupid system. Even now over 1.5 days later I don't have data and no credit either.

Also I can't seem to get my NFC tags that work with my Nexus 7 to work properly either.

When can I get an unlock for the SIM?

I know you are frustrated, I've been there as you can see. Just call the executive office my friend :)