SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MrPuddington

I've looked back a couple of pages but couldn't see at what point you're at, how long have you had the phone and how long since you requested the unlock code?(presuming that's what we're talking about).

No experience with CISAS but you can only try. I don't think the courts would be interested if you don't at least try CISAS first as that's what they're supposed to be for.

Good point. Yes, this is about getting an unlock code out of Orange, and it very much brings back memories of Asterix' quest for permit A38.

The problem with CISAS is that the process does indeed take 4 months. First I have to wait 8 futile weeks for a response from Orange (5 are already over), then they give Orange another 2 weeks to consider the situation, take 2 weeks to come to a conclusion, and given Orange another 4 weeks to sort it out. It very much has a futile feeling about it - especially since then I will have the phone for 6 months. At least with CISAS I know that they cannot change the conditions again.

In the meantime I will try to get Trading Standards interested - I think this is a case of customer deception, and clearly Orange needs some kind of wake up call.

Edited by MrPuddington

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Terror Factor

I've ordered a san diego from ebay a few months ago, but I am in Belgium. I decided I wanted to get it unlocked, as my current phone could use an upgrade.

I contacted orange through Facebook (OrangeHelpers), but they say they can't unlock it. First because I am not the first owner, now because their "handset unlocking process" doesn't allow/can do this. Sounds like a load of BS to me, since all I need is an unlock code.

Any idea what I could do? Orange doesn't exist here in Belgium, so I can't just buy a sim or anything like that. Is this even legal btw, as this hinders the free travel of goods in Europe quite hard? :/

Guest BlueMoonRising

I've ordered a san diego from ebay a few months ago, but I am in Belgium. I decided I wanted to get it unlocked, as my current phone could use an upgrade.

I contacted orange through Facebook (OrangeHelpers), but they say they can't unlock it. First because I am not the first owner, now because their "handset unlocking process" doesn't allow/can do this. Sounds like a load of BS to me, since all I need is an unlock code.

Any idea what I could do? Orange doesn't exist here in Belgium, so I can't just buy a sim or anything like that. Is this even legal btw, as this hinders the free travel of goods in Europe quite hard? :/

Try an e-mail to the [email protected] or a letter to :-

Orange Customer Services

PO Box 10

Patchway

Bristol

BS32 4BQ

• 11 months later...
Guest Roger Barnett

I have decided to unlock my OSD, now that my 2 year contract is nearing it's end. I've followed this thread over time, but I don't think that anybody has ever mentioned using the online form on the EE website:

https://explore.ee.co.uk/unlock

I've filled it in today and will await for a hopefully painless 20 days, which is what they say it takes.

I'll report on my success / failure as it happens.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I have decided to unlock my OSD, now that my 2 year contract is nearing it's end. I've followed this thread over time, but I don't think that anybody has ever mentioned using the online form on the EE website:

https://explore.ee.co.uk/unlock

I've filled it in today and will await for a hopefully painless 20 days, which is what they say it takes.

I'll report on my success / failure as it happens.

I don't think it's ever been mentioned because it seems to be relatively new. It certainly wasn't there when I went through my travails. That said EE weren't there either (I think). ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

Just letting you know guys I got my unlock code through the EE website. It took a month but got the code through email. 

It's like pulling teeth with them...