• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

SIM lock status

458 posts in this topic

Posted

did you order the sim from the internet or did they just send it you ?

could you give us the link if so because the only orange sim i can find gives you £5 when you top up £10

cheers

Yeah i got one sent off the internet. Inside it tells you to phone 0800 870 8888 with your pac code.

Posted (edited)

Well in my case... As I haven't been able to get the phone unlocked either... Have opted for a Virgin Sim Only deal for £12 a month

https://www.virginmo...nlyContracts.do

Edited by Benzal

Posted

Well in my case... As I haven't been able to get the phone unlocked either... Have opted for a Virgin Sim Only deal for £12 a month

https://www.virginmo...nlyContracts.do

That does look like a good deal, but i can't do it as it won't bring me any closer to an unlock. God damn you orange!

Posted

T-Mobile do a Full Monty SIM Only which is crazy, unlimited everything for £21! ,i mean unlimited isnt really unlimited, nothing really is, but damn, thats tempting

Posted

Hey, guys! Can rom or system dump from Megafon Mint (russian Intel AZ210, not sim locked) help to break sim lock on OSD?

Posted (edited)

Hey, guys! Can rom or system dump from Megafon Mint (russian Intel AZ210, not sim locked) help to break sim lock on OSD?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think we need the bootloader unlocked to break the sim lock, and as far as i know that isn't going to happen any time soon :(

Edited by DumonKri

Posted

No we don't need the bootloader unlocked for Sim unlock. Bootloader is for signing ROMs and other completely different things

Posted

Nope. Bootloader has nothing to do with sim lock.

Posted

we definately could do with a system pull from this device, we could choose form orange,xolo or megafon ics on our device.

and maybe sim unlock who knows ?

Posted

Then i am wrong :)

Posted

Regarding SIM lock status. Anyone tried this company http://www.freeunloc... kingdom or used them in the past. Equates to £25.61.

I somehow doubt they can unlock. Just be patient for 3 months and pay your £20 to Orange.

Posted

I somehow doubt they can unlock. Just be patient for 3 months and pay your £20 to Orange.

Of course, but my question was has anyone tried them!

Posted

i did. doesn't work. they cannot unlock

Of course, but my question was has anyone tried them!

Posted

I somehow doubt Orange can unlock. Just be patient for 4 months and they can't send me the code .

Posted

I somehow doubt Orange can unlock. Just be patient for 4 months and they can't send me the code .

If you asked Orange for the code and paid the money then by law they must unlock the phone. Or are you just trying to be funny?

Posted

Orange gave me the code happily after three months, now I'm on 3 with 2gb of data for £5 a month

Posted

I cannot wait to get my code.. Orange is seriously bad for reception :(

Posted

If you asked Orange for the code and paid the money then by law they must unlock the phone. Or are you just trying to be funny?

No,i'm not joking !

They can't give the code cause they didn't receive it from Xolo ... or they're just lying !

And why i will pay if my phone was bought since 4 month now ?

Posted

Why would Xolo send the code to Orange? Are you in the UK? If so I presume you bought the phone from Orange, either via the shop or online, in which case Orange would give you the code. It would have nothing to do with Xolo.

Posted

@ DumonKri I got a url to a Russian test Rom if you what it let me no

Posted

No,i'm not joking !

They can't give the code cause they didn't receive it from Xolo ... or they're just lying !

And why i will pay if my phone was bought since 4 month now ?

The Orange San Diego isn't made by Xolo, it's made by Gigabyte (owned by Intel). Orange would have no need to ask Xolo for the unlock code.

If you bought an imported Xolo then why would you expect Orange to provide you with the unlock code?.

Posted

i'm waiting for my unlock code only about 9 days - but.. jesus this is so stupid. i've waited 3months and now - few weeks again? probably i should ask for the unlock code on the second device a month in advance :(

Posted

This is exactly what i'll do after that .

My last androphone was a nexus s ,from today ,i'll buy only phone without simlock and a rom provider .

Posted

Hi everyone, I was really excited to get this phone as I heard its powered by an intel processor. Does anyone know any way to get this phone unlocked. i don't want to wait three months for orange.

rickywyatt

you mentioned that you have a URL to a working russian ROM, will this ROM unlock the phone

Come On!!!! you guys somebody must be able to find a way to unlock this as we now have root access.

I had a Samsung Galaxy s3 but sold it was laggy after installing about 20 apps and I was disappointed as I thought it was 4G but mine wasn't Now this phone is giving me a headache every time I look at it and seems useless.