Got questions on the Orange San Diego? #askmodaco

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Rem1x

What are the size dimensions of this phone?

Here's a few photos that might help. The device on the right is a ZuneHD. Only decent comparison I have. The card is credit card sized.

Image%202012-06-06%20at%209.23.13%20PM.png

Guest favod

hi got a question in regards to the memory card has anyone tried inserting it then linking the phone via usb to a laptop to see if the cards picked up by the computer ?

and what about usb charging does it have the fast charge option as i tend to charge my phone while i drive so as to boost how long the battery lasts

Edited by favod

Guest i am not a hacker

In your review, one of the cons are 'No 3rd party SIM unlock'. Does this mean that it cannot be used in T-Mobile? Or will 3rd party unlocks be available later on in the year? Or can only orange unlock it now?

Guest BillBong

Trying to decide whether to go from my current OSF to either the San Diego or the Ascend G300.

Can anyone confirm any problems running Jorte (calendar app) or Sugarsync on the San Diego as I make heavy use of these. I'm pretty sure they should be OK but there's just that slight question mark over the apps compatibility on the San Diego.

Thanks

Guest mclassplanet

Does TuneIn Radio work?

Has anyone tried any UPnP protocol-based media sharing programs such as Media Server (or similar) to see if they're OK, although it has to be said that they don't always work properly regardless depending on the client used. (Not essential but may be useful to know.)

Anyone else successfully or unsuccessfully using MoboPlayer? If it doesn't work, perhaps something else may need to be upgraded?

Edited by mclassplanet

Guest TomByrne94

I could get the San Diego or the SGS2 both at £15.50 a month with the same contract. Which would you recommend? What other phones would you say I should get over the San Diego at the £15.50/pm price point?

Also, would windows 8 run on this device?

Edited by TomByrne94

Guest Rem1x

Does TuneIn Radio work?

Has anyone tried any UPnP protocol-based media sharing programs such as Media Server (or similar) to see if they're OK, although it has to be said that they don't always work properly regardless depending on the client used. (Not essential but may be useful to know.)

Anyone else successfully or unsuccessfully using MoboPlayer? If it doesn't work, perhaps something else may need to be upgraded?

TuneIn works perfectly, don't have anyway of checking UPNP. I have no idea on the SGS2 front.

(Currently making a video that shows some of these apps/other apps running on the phone)

Guest TomByrne94

(Currently making a video that shows some of these apps/other apps running on the phone)

Link when you've uploaded please. :)

Any idea about Windows 8?

Guest tilal6991

How do you expect windows 8 to work without a BIOS/ windows boot loader. You've got just as much chance as it working on an arm phone.

Guest TomByrne94

How do you expect windows 8 to work without a BIOS/boot loader. You've got just as much chance as it working on an arm phone.

I thought it had been confirmed that Windows 8 would run on the "asus transformer prime"? Sorry if thats not right...

Edited by TomByrne94

Guest Rem1x

Link when you've uploaded please. :)

Any idea about Windows 8?

99% sure unless the community gets massive, no windows 8. I am going to try run Windows XP in Virtual Box when we get SU, though!

Guest tilal6991

I thought it had been confirmed that Windows 8 would run on the "asus transformer prime"?

That's from Asus though not a third party developer. Surely Asus would be able to mod their own devices.

Guest nikc0069

Can you check if Skype works?

Also check if an o2 SIM works?

YEs please check this :)

I have an s2 atm and the only benefit i see is the increased resolution and nfc. Which are two big benefits but only if it is unlockable and flashable.

Guest captainkremmen

Doing so now, but I don't seem to have any sound. Also plays the video in a really small box. Smooth, though ;P

Has Moboplayer been updated in the last few days?. Works fine for me and plays full screen (although it was a 720p MKV with AC3 sound ripped from my BluRay of Avatar rather than 1080p).

Oh, and BubbleuPNP and MediaHouse (another uPNP client) both worked without issues. Bubble and MediaHouse both streams music and video, but not every video tried played in MoboPlayer probably due to it being beta on x86 and not supporting a huge range of codecs yet, and MediaHouse also seemed to have problems displaying some images in it's inbuilt image displayer. Bubble displayed the same images in it's built in image player without problems though.

Guest Sebastian404

Im tempted to pick one of these up before I go back to the US, but I'm not sure.. anyone know if there is going to be a US centric version?

I was hoping for the ZTE Kis/Dublin to come out before I left since I wanted to mess with NFC stuff, but I guess this is another option :)

Guest Sebastian404

Is that a MicroSIM it takes?

Im not going to get a PAYG on of those in the US, and last time I talked with AT&T they would only issue me one if I bought an iPhone/iPad from them...

maybe time to get the sisors out

Guest Frankish

Yes it is a microsim and yes the scissors would have to come out. I'm unfortunate enough to have a t-mobile sim and they can't be cut to fit at least not the old one i've got! Tried that in the past had to go in store and get a newer t-mobile sim for my partner to cut for her iphone.