• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

irritating problem

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Alright guys, been a long time reader of these forums.

I bought a g300 a few weeks ago and love it and it saved me a fortune, as I went for pay as you go instead of renewing my contract.

The gripe I have is only small but is frustrating, its the notification that pops up when leaving my wifi range or turning wifi off, this is caused me to miss numerous emails etc when I've been out, due to forgetting to press yes on the alert.

Is there anyway to disable it?

I'm rooted with CWM still on 885 though with custom boot animation and splash screen and no vodafone junk ;).

Posted · Report post

have you got "Network notifications" ticked within the wireless & network settings?

if so....untick it.

might be the problem.

Posted · Report post

That's been unticked from the day I bought the phone, so "open wireless network notification" isn't the cause its more todo with switching to mobile data from wifi is the problem of this damn little pop up ...thanks anyway ;)

Posted · Report post

I just tried that out of interest and unfortunately it doesn't stop that particular notification coming up.

Posted · Report post

Just a quick update, I managed to remove that annoying data charge pop-up.

Edit the build.prop> ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=true

I changed it from true to false, rebooted phone and hey presto no annoying pop-up :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

What did you use to edit the build.prop file?

solved. ES file explorer

Edited by dbaseii

Posted · Report post

You could use rom toolbox pro from market to edit build.prop file.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the fix, annoyed me too.

Posted · Report post

I changed it from true to false, rebooted phone and hey presto no annoying pop-up :)

thank you!

Posted · Report post

think i cocked my phone up doing this.. any way to edit txt files on device from connected linux pc?

hate trying to text edit on the phone, horribly difficult with screen and keyboard, and too easy to f**k up files :/

Posted · Report post

sorry not sure where to put this but maybe someone here can help!

just got another annoying message from this phone. the gist of it was "network has limited function, scan for another network?" no of course i don't want to scan for another network, just shut up and connect to the network as best you can. any way to kill this message?

Posted · Report post

Edited the build.prop and now it's stuck in a bootloop! Any suggestions (apart from restoring a backup)?

Posted · Report post

Fixed it :)

Noticed that the problem was the same as described here:

www.modaco.com/topic/355014-warning-about-potterunlock-making-g300-unusable/

So just swiped down to access the camera and cancel the bootloop then froze PotterUnlock in Titanium :)

Posted · Report post

Worked well! thanks!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the info. This behaviour was particularly annoying when walking/driving past WiFi hotspots that I am registered with, because the phone would automatically connect to them then as soon as I was out of range the popup would appear, usually when the phone was in my pocket and I wouldn't realise, causing me to miss emails etc. It would have been far better if the default action for this popup was ask once, ignore forever.

Posted · Report post

I don't seem to have permission to edit build.prop :(

It says it's saved but then hasn't

Posted · Report post

Frodo, Try rom toolbox by jrummy. Never fails me and very easy to navigate. More features being added to the free version as well.

Whatever your using, you probably didn't change it to row, you don't have to faff about doing that with rom toolbox.

Posted · Report post

Prob didn't change it from read only to read/ write.

Posted · Report post

Cracked it... used a different editor thx for the assist ;)

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys, this was really anoying warning that I wanted to get rid long time ago :)

Just a reminder for those who search for the build.prop file: it's in the /system/ folder.

Thanks once more

Posted · Report post

Thanks for this, really useful :)