ICS release date for G300....kind of.

Guest FrankieADZ

Guest FrankieADZ

Right. I've modded the kernel by adding genlock for ICS and am now compiling it. Stay tuned for the results of it.

Owwww....look forward to seeing the work you might could you with :)

Guest RussellS

It's debatable as to whether overclocking would shorten battery life given governors stipulate a minimum and a maximum clock speed; so a lower than standard clockspeed can be used at idle or sms etc and a higher one than standard for cpu/gpu intensive tasks.

oh, ok. I wasn't aware of that.

Guest FrankieADZ

just watched that video.so that release didnt have any of the google apps. hope someone makes a back up of them all incase this happens when we finally get it

Guest FrankieADZ

just looked on the Huawei UK Facebook page and they've responded to questions by peopl regards the ICS...here what they said

"We expect a full ICS to be available for Ascend G 300 customers in the UK in the second half of the year, and we anticipate early second-half. We will keep you updated when they become available and you'll be able to download it from the UK website, huaweidevice.com/uk, when they are online"

*In the Recent Posts by Others bit*

Seems that we "Should" be getting a "full" version & not a demo. They've said it but will they do what they've said....

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Maximus9

Hold on a minute, the phone has been advertised and sold all along since it was announced at MWC as getting an upgrade to ICS. Both Vodafone and Huawei have advertised and sold it as such. To accept a demo is cheating yourself and doing yourself out of pocket.

The phone is £100 fair enough but we bought it on the back of ICS as much as we did the 4 inch screen and the 1 ghz processor. Please don't take this lying down. Find out if we are getting full ics or just a demo.

Who knows what will be restricted in a demo. I know the devs will hopefully pull something out of the bag but if Huawei and Vodafone are allowed to do this now, then they will do it again.

Its time to stand up for your rights and find out exactly what we are getting.

Totally agree, please everybody write to Huawei, and express your opinion about this! Do it now, either on their facebook or email, they must take it into account if it comes from a lot of their clients!

Guest Davidoff59

They have said it will be full ics and not a demo so they have either backtracked and reconsidered or someone is getting the wrong info over at huawei

Guest runlevel5

I think maybe something got lost in translation. Demo could well refer to an initial beta release. Time will tell. :)

Guest RussellS

Totally agree, please everybody write to Huawei, and express your opinion about this! Do it now, either on their facebook or email, they must take it into account if it comes from a lot of their clients!

I don't understand where all this hostility is coming from. They have said that there will be an ICS update in the summer and I havn't seen anything to cause me to doubt it. If we get to September/October and there is no sign of it then there will be grounds to start complaining but until that time we just have to be patient. After all, we are only just into June at the moment.

I agree,although they say we are getting a demo,it dies not mean shortly after the full version will not be released.

We cannot just assume,then go off Shouting at huawei.

At first I was annoyed,thinking we have been cheated,but then I thought about it.....Why would they publicly say we are getting ics if it was only going to be demo? they wouldn't simple! They are a professional company who are not stupid enough to stain there name with a lie.

Its coming,lets just sit back and wait ay?

Tilal will most likely provide cm9 before that time comes,so what's the worry?

And when official ics comes,I for one wont be using it,because I will be using the greatly enhanced cm9 that come due to its arrival.lol

Edited by Guest

Guest scuzzbucket

I'm going to think of it as a Beta release. The same way SE released beta ICS roms to the community. What better way to find bugs and inconsistencies than put a test build out? Helps devs and helps Huawei. Put the pitchforks away for now.

Guest eLJay

The people complaining are A - Impatient and B - Probably not software Developers.

Be thankful they are bothering with a demo (I would hope they already have unreleased Alpha and Beta versions).

Otherwise the fully released version would be full of bugs (though you can still expect a few updates and patches).

Guest Davidoff59

I think the issue was the way they worded it.A demo is usually not fully featured and you have to pay to get all the features as in a game demo. Now if they said it would be a beta of Ics, that has a different meaning entirely meaning that its in the testing stages and will be improved upon as bugs get fixed.

The phone was sold as and publicly advertised as coming with a future ics upgrade. Both Vodafone and Huawei said this.

Huawei have since said its going to be a full ics upgrade so there are no issues now. I will happily partake in Beta testing for Huawei and Vodafone but I would not have accepted a demo version.

Lets put it down to a translation issue or just a wrong choice of words. I am happy they clarified their position though and whether it was a climb down or a translation issue, I thank Huawei for doing the right thing.

In the meantime, we have roms to play with and bug reports to submit for the community based shift to ics on the g300 and I am happily beta testing for those guys too. Anyone who can't wait for ics can help with testing the ligux rom and Tilals Cm9 port.

Guest FrankieADZ

I've just been browsing the various Huawei sites from around the world and according to the Argentinian site ICS will be available in July 2012. No idea how accurate that is but the link is http://www.huaweidev.../45-ascend-g300

"Android 4.0 available from July 2012" Courtesy of Google translate.

thats good sort of news :)

should be helpful to aid cm9 i think

Guest eLJay

thats good sort of news

should be helpful to aid cm9 i think

Aid it? I would think it will do most of the work for them, just add your CM9 changes (updates, branding, developer options, keyboards) and it should be good to go.

I'm actually tempted to wait to use the official update this time.

Edited by eLJay

Guest FrankieADZ

But will we be able to use the standard update if we are already on an unofficial rom like B888

think we will if it comes official as the B888 rom changed the partition size of the g300 which it needs for ICS. tho cant be 100% sure tho tbh

also..im sure i seen in another thread that ICS might me something like B912 or something.