ICS release date for G300....kind of.

Guest FrankieADZ

But will we be able to use the standard update if we are already on an unofficial rom like B888

It makes no difference really as all that is needed is a CWM backup of the rom which then can be made CWM flashable.

Guest Davidoff59

The repartition if it was that wasn't for ICS as ics isn't built yet so final sizes aren't known. They will change the sizes with the ics upgrade itself. Would make no sense to change them 1 or 2 months before the rom is released as its just as easy to put it into the final product.

I think the ota update will work, its just that we on B888 may not get the proper update. Ie if B888 was meant for Romania for example, we may get a Romanian ics version

The repartition if it was that wasn't for ICS as ics isn't built yet so final sizes aren't known. They will change the sizes with the ics upgrade itself. Would make no sense to change them 1 or 2 months before the rom is released as its just as easy to put it into the final product.

I think the ota update will work, its just that we on B888 may not get the proper update. Ie if B888 was meant for Romania for example, we may get a Romanian ics version

I agree,it makes no sense to partition for ics now when it would be easier for them to do that with the ics update.Not quite sure what they are doing with these updates though,maybe they are experimenting with partition sizes.I updated to B895 the other day,and this makes it impossible to use any update.app before it.

Guest Simon O

I've just been browsing the various Huawei sites from around the world and according to the Argentinian site ICS will be available in July 2012. No idea how accurate that is but the link is http://www.huaweidev.../45-ascend-g300

"Android 4.0 available from July 2012" Courtesy of Google translate.

I can confidently say that this will be the 'demo' ROM and not the full update. Full update will come later this year, most likely October/November time.

Oh and stop moaning about demo ROMs. Huawei do this all the time to get more bug reports and ensure the release ROM is better for everyone. And if you are worried about it being buggy then don't use it!

I agree,it makes no sense to partition for ics now when it would be easier for them to do that with the ics update

If you have re-partitioned the device then the official updates will no longer function. We've seen this happen on other Huawei devices.

Guest Davidoff59

I'm not sure if it does repartition really. If you see my post on the Updata.app, you will see why I think this.

I just hope Huawei release some kind of backword compatibility for those who do test Ics to revert back if necessary.

What we need is for someone to post stock partition sizes and then compare what we have from there.