>>>>>----D-E-L-E-T-E----<<<<<

Guest WiiSky70

Guest butugly

WiiSky70 Thanks very much for an idiots guide to this BUT.

according to your tutorial.

QUOTE:

6. Make sure you have are connected to an nearby WiFi Hotspot , if you are the download process will continue

if you won't the download will fail

I downloaded the tpt helper with the phone so I know the wifi is working ok, when it comes to downloading "skate v2a" or any of the others it does not download and comes up failed.

What am I doing wrong.

Got the other 2 files downloaded and ready to go.

When copying the 2 files to the sd card should I unzip to the sd or just copy to the sd card.

Guest WiiSky70

WiiSky70 Thanks very much for an idiots guide to this BUT.

according to your tutorial.

QUOTE:

6. Make sure you have are connected to an nearby WiFi Hotspot , if you are the download process will continue

if you won't the download will fail

I downloaded the tpt helper with the phone so I know the wifi is working ok, when it comes to downloading "skate v2a" or any of the others it does not download and comes up failed.

What am I doing wrong.

Got the other 2 files downloaded and ready to go.

When copying the 2 files to the sd card should I unzip to the sd or just copy to the sd card.

Delete the files , (Including the downloaded TPT) and then try to open the TPT Helper , and download the files again :)

And yes , my tutorial was 100% Idiots-proof :)

Guest butugly

Delete the files , (Including the downloaded TPT) and then try to open the TPT Helper , and download the files again :)

And yes , my tutorial was 100% Idiots-proof :)

Thanks for the quick reply, Tried several times but it fails immediately every time when trying to download the "skate" files.

I have downloaded other apps that work ok but not this one.

Should I just put CWM straight onto the sd card, if thats ok is the skate v2a available as an option.

Guest WiiSky70

Thanks for the quick reply, Tried several times but it fails immediately every time when trying to download the "skate" files.

I have downloaded other apps that work ok but not this one.

Should I just put CWM straight onto the sd card, if thats ok is the skate v2a available as an option.

Ok , let me do it for you the stuff that you need ;)

1. Go to this website > http://www.amphoras.co.uk/downloads/skate-tpts

2. Download which Package you want , they have details about (How much cache , partition and memory)

3. Once you've downloaded the package , put it on the SD Card and then unzip it , an image file will appear.

4. Create a folder called "image" and put image.bin inside of that folder

5. Then you can remove the USB Storage and go to System Settings > About Phone > System Updates and

Upgrade from SD Card.

6. Your Skate should now reboot and you're done :) , ALSO Follow the instructions steps once you've done this ok ?

Guest butugly

Thanks again WiiSky70, I had a MAD moment and realised the sd card was not in the phone DOH.

it succesfully downloaded skate v2a to the sd card.

I can boot up with vol+ menu power buttons. When trying to apply the skate v2a

it keeps aborting screen reads as below.

--installing: /sdcard/skate-v2a.zip

finding update package...

opening update package...

installing update...

installation aborted.

Edited by butugly

Guest butugly

So sorry to have been an IDIOT lol.

For anyone else doing this tutorial DO EXACTLY WHAT THE TUTORAL SAYS it works absolutly fine.

The phones runs so much better now, next step might be one of the many custom roms the guys on here put together.

Many thanks to WiiSky70 for this, but I think you made it too easy for us idiots. I was jumping the gun a little.

Keep up the good work.

• 2 months later...
Guest poludeli_kaktus

Thanks. I will try

Q1: is s2 kernel fully compatible with stock roms like medion life p4310?

Q2: Does anyone know to interpret the log from catlog?

Edited by poludeli_kaktus

Guest poludeli_kaktus

why bluetooth gone mad when stock music app been removed?

is any fix or i should return music app in rom?

Edited by poludeli_kaktus

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lansander

Please can someone help a noobie who followed this guide with the tpt helper and i got cwm on and went through the instructions put card back in,wipe data,cache format storage then the battery and other one and then installed the stock rom and kernal as instructed but after rebooting i am stuck with just the green android and the phone wont get past it. is it bricked now?!! i have been through the process twice but it is still the same please can you give me any advice

Guest Lansander

just to update i tried a 3rd time but no good so then i tried to restore the 2 backups i made and neither option is doing anything. When i turn on my phone now it just goes to cwm 4.0.1.4 so i was wondering where do i go from here? can i still get a stock rom on this phone? Any help would be muchly appreciated. silly newbie wish id left it all alone now but after seeing the video on here of bluemonte running at super speeds and seeing how sluggish with bloatware my monte carlo is i had to give it a go :-(

Guest dandyman

I've tried to flash according to the instruction, but no success. I'm getting "installation aborted". TPT image ver. v2a. Previous ROM version was [androidarmv6] [4.2] ColdFusionX 3 [CM10.1].

Guest WiiSky70

I've tried to flash according to the instruction, but no success. I'm getting "installation aborted". TPT image ver. v2a. Previous ROM version was [androidarmv6] [4.2] ColdFusionX 3 [CM10.1].

Go back to stock flashing original carrier firmware and then try again the instructions . That tutorial was meant for users running on branded ROM's

Guest dandyman

Go back to stock flashing original carrier firmware and then try again the instructions . That tutorial was meant for users running on branded ROM's

Gonna try it now. will leave comment after all would be done.

Guest WiiSky70

- [NEW !] - Clockworkmod Recovery

- Includes a Clockworkmod Recovery inside (FTM is not there anymore)

- [NEW !] - Rooted

- It's now ROOTED! Means that you can run high-level apps and more

ALSO! Give thanks to Ceco he's the one that integrated the Root and CWM . You can also check him on androidforums.sk :)