MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Good apps to make the G300 that bit better

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I thought I would post good apps that improve upon what Huawei have given us. All tested and work. I am not trying to take anything away from anyone who has previously posted these apps, its just when you go to find them again, they can be hard to find unless you have an app name and all credit should be given to those that found/created them.

Please keep the thread clean and if anyone has any suggestions, do suggest.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vStudio.Android.Camera360&hl=en

Camera app only, no video.Thanks to Russell S

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wd8hbr

MusicFx sound improvement app, Thanks to weckl and Frankieadz as well as the original developer

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m61z0i Ascend Tools,

Thanks to weckl and Frankieadz as well as original developer.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201105239635/hi_suite_en/index.html

Android smart device manager/desktop software. Thanks to weckl and Russell S

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dianxinos.clock&hl=en

DX clock app, loads of options. Very good app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dianxinos.battery&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kaWFueGlub3MuYmF0dGVyeSJd

DX battery saver and optimiser. Another good app

I would not recommend installing any other DX apps as yet. I installed DX Toolbox and I found something called mobiclickagent which sends data to Umeng.com. Umeng.com was installed in some Chinese roms before, like the Lewa build for the Zte Blade and it was explained that it was data being gathered to improve the rom. While this may be legitimate, as we dont know whats being gathered, then I would not install it. There is no opt in or out so I cant recommend any other DX apps until I have checked them out myself and deem them safe enough for me to use before recommending to others.

I have checked the 2 DX apps above and see no instances of this and I use them myself.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'd like to add Dx battery booster Pro, Weather Services Pro, Photaf Panorama Camera, K9-mail.

Edited by weckl

Posted · Report post

MusicFX uses flurry analytics. Data mining?

Posted · Report post

My personal favorite app is rom toolbox pro,the app is so versatile and has a tool for just about everything you need to tweak your rom,all in one app.It is a paid app,but well worth it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolboxpro&feature=nav_other#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDYsImNvbS5qcnVtbXkubGliZXJ0eS50b29sYm94cHJvIl0.

Posted · Report post

+1 on that

Posted · Report post

how to install musicfx and ascend tools with the apk file?

Posted · Report post

how to install musicfx and ascend tools with the apk file?

Just tap on it in some file manager. It will install automatically.

Posted · Report post

Just tap on it in some file manager. It will install automatically.

ty for the tip,emailed the files to myself and installed from phone :)

Posted · Report post

Tiny flashlight is a great led cause keeeps on in the background. Is a great pleasure browsing or writing with tapatalk in the darkness at night with the flashlight on :lol:

Posted · Report post

what do the Ascend Tools do?

ty for the tip,emailed the files to myself and installed from phone :)

You could have used Samba Filesharing https://play.google....resh.samba&hl=en to move the apks to your phone. It makes your phone accessible via Wi-Fi as a new network drive :)

Edited by ovecka

Posted · Report post

Ascend tools include reboot to recovey, fast shutdown, Flash/update your rom, Backup/restore app and data.

Posted · Report post

Ascend tools include reboot to recovey, fast shutdown, Flash/update your rom, Backup/restore app and data.

so if you have CWM, not needed?

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure. I have it installed but not used it yet. Cwm wont reboot into recovery from the app as its not a supported phone as yet.

Posted · Report post

A great app I recently discovered:

1-click cleaner

Is a garbage cleaning tool.It makes the cell phone process swifter, more clear and efficient.

so if you have CWM, not needed?

I'd agree with that. I don't think its needed. I have CWM and Rom toolbox pro and I don't miss the Ascend tools. Plus with Tillaz's mod you can boot into recovery now, from the power button menu.

Probably should've added that his mod is for B888 only (I think)

Edited by eirlysbill1

Posted · Report post

My personal favorite app is rom toolbox pro,the app is so versatile and has a tool for just about everything you need to tweak your rom,all in one app.It is a paid app,but well worth it:

https://play.google....29sYm94cHJvIl0.

have to agree with you on ROM Toolbox pro, its like ROM Manager..tweaks etc all in one app :)

Posted · Report post

got a few apps to make the G300 more ICS/JB like for people who havent took the step to go to ICS yet.

Holo Launcher,Holo Locker and Holo notifier.

install them 3 and you GB version G300 will be like ICS in appearance :)

Posted · Report post

You paid for Holo then Frankie? I didn't bother - the notifier I can live without until ICS arrives.

You paid for Holo then Frankie? I didn't bother - the notifier I can live without until ICS arrives.

nah, i still use the free 1, im tempted to get the paid but not just yet :)

*edit* just saw u need Holo + for the notifier to work :(

Edited by FrankieADZ