When will G300 be available 'Sim Free'?

Guest Willbott

Guest RussellS

No that's the problem with the Huawei B888 Rom which is why I recommended Pauls modified one. The Huawei rom is installed using the normal software upgrade option in the menus and it changes the partition sizes. However, Pauls rom is installed using CWM and doesn't change them so you can revert back to the previous backup.

At least that's how I understand it reading Pauls thread about his modified rom.

Could someone else just confirm this is indeed the case.

Edited by RussellS

Guest fr0do

PS. Phone is ordered but no word on delivery - wonder if Vodafone are having supply issues as I spotted that Play.com have put back their release date for the G300....

I ordered from Vodafone on Sunday and the phone arrived noon yesterday. So I don't think they have a supply problem.

I got an email and text from them that the order was placed, another when it went for dispatch and then tracking emails from the courier: DPD, the final email stating an hour timeslot, and options to change delivery dates. We live off the beaten track so I was very impressed with the service.

Edited by fr0do

Guest Willbott

The phone has arrived!

Great service from Vodafone I have to say.

The phone is locked - boooo. Getting unlock code now.

All seems good so far. Messed up putting the screen protector on it, but have ordered some more.

Only question now is which ROM to go for...??? Might but it out there as a general question.

Cheers for all the help.

Will

Guest RussellS

Don't forget to do the OTA update to B885 first before anything else. You can do that now without it being unlocked using WiFi. Goto '/Settings/About Phone/Online Upgrade/Firmware Upgrade'.