• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Huawei launcher and apps moving when updated

8 posts in this topic

Posted

With the stock Huawei launcher, I put apps in folders and I left gaps on some pages of the launcher. However, whenever an app receives an update from the Play Store, it will be removed from the folder and will fill in the gaps that I had made.

I was wondering if all launchers were like this, or if it was just the Huawei launcher? If it's just the Huawei launcher, is there any way to stop it doing this, other than changing to another launcher?

Posted (edited)

yeah, I didn't like that launcher very much. But, if you long-click on the apps in the launcher you can them move them into the gaps, by sliding them with your finger. Its a bit fiddly, cause it just moves stuff around as you go, but it works. So, once you fill in all the gaps, then all updates and new apps will go to the last page.

I installed the Kiri B888 rom about 2-3 weeks ago, and it came with another launcher (can't remember the name exactly: Nemus or Nexus??) and it's sortable by alphabet. That I like :-)

If you are thinking of going to the Kiri rom, there are few things you should know so check it out first.

All the best, Bill

PS: sorry just re-read your post. I remember the folders too, but never used them sorry. So I can't help you there

Edited by eirlysbill1

Posted

Thanks. I guess I'll try another launcher. What's the Huawei one called, by the way, so I know to avoid it?

Posted

If trying new launchers give holo a whirl

Posted

Thanks. I guess I'll try another launcher. What's the Huawei one called, by the way, so I know to avoid it?

when u install another launcher it will give you the option between Huawei Launcher & the one you've downloaded.

Personally on GIngerbread I use either Holo Launcher or LauncherPro.

Posted

Nemus launcher being used here.

Posted

Nemus launcher being used here.

I've not come across the Nemus Launcher before, I've always used LauncherPro. However, I havn't put LauncherPro on my G300 because I don't think it adds much to the stock Huawei launcher.

What do you like about Nemus launcher and what does it add over the stock Huawei launcher.

Posted

yeah it is Nemus I have. Its got lots of customisation, but so do others. On the blade, I used ADW (?), Launcherpro, Go Launcher, and some 3D one (?) all at one time or another. I have to say I like Nemus the best, for its clean interface. I think it looks sharp and uncluttered.