Email! and low volume?

Guest jamez87

Guest jamez87

Hi, just got my ascend g300 a couple of days ago and i am really happy with it, great spec for the price, you just can't complain!

However using the email app i can not set up my @live.co.uk account it just says can't open connection? I have no idea how to get round that or what it even means, i am unlocked and my data is working with or without wifi?! So any interactions to help would be great!

Also I've seen many issues with low volume, that was fixed via update, now i just installed the update straight away and i think the volume of my ringtones is quite low but i have nothing to compare it to, was it really lower then that before? I don't think its a hardware issue as games/ media are nice and loud! Any suggestions?

Thanks, james

Guest Davidoff59

Try some other ringtones if possible or play some music. If you go on Youtube, there is a video comparing the old low sound to a different phone and the difference was appalling. The fix should have fixed it but some still report poor volume. If your not happy, return it to Vodafone.

Guest jamez87

Thanks for your reply, what i meant was i hadn't tested the ringtones before the update so i couldn't compare and see if the update had fixed it but to me it is low, all ringtones are low even my own but via music player they are nice and loud, maybe a visit to vodaphone then?

Guest RussellS

Also I've seen many issues with low volume, that was fixed via update, now i just installed the update straight away and i think the volume of my ringtones is quite low but i have nothing to compare it to, was it really lower then that before? I don't think its a hardware issue as games/ media are nice and loud! Any suggestions?

Thanks, james

When you say you have updated it, do you mean you did the OTA update to B885 or did you update to Pauls Gr1 B888 rom straight from the original B882. If you did the OTA update then the volume issue should be fixed but if you went straight to Gr1 B888 then the volume will still be low.

Guest Pondlife

Similar thing to the OP. Did the ota 885 immediately here and then updated to GR1 B888 a while later, ringtones still seem a bit quieter than would like even with music files. Like he found they seem louder in the music player than as ringtones.

Guest RussellS

my ringtone volume is fine, but speakerphone volume is too low.. any ideas please? just missed a slider?

Try installing AudioManager from the Play Store. This gives you individual sliders for all the different sound settings as shown below:

AudioManager.png

This will at least allow you to see what the ringer & media volumes are set to.

Also it can be setup as a widget on your homescreen:

Left1.png

You can also setup profiles for different volume settings etc.

Edited by RussellS

Guest jamez87

sorry i should have pointed that it was the OTA update no other rome or anything, i knew it fixed the problem so just installed it straight away with out thinking. There seems to be a bit of a mix, some are saying its worked fine and other in the situation i am in where the volume is clearly low but to me it is still obviously a software problem as other media is clearly louder. Ill go to vodaphone and compare with a demo phone and failing that a exchange just a bit concerned ill lose my unlock or will vodaphone honour it i wonder?

Guest jamez87

just fixed my email!!! anyway how about asking the same question but worded a bit differently......for those who are happy with the update for the volume or those that are saying the volume is loud and clear since the update:

Are your ringtones as loud as your mp3's? that will settle it for me as to wether i have a fault or not.

ps i looked at the video on youtube of a g300 prior to update and can see the main problem was ALL audio was very quiet.

Guest Jekle

I found that updating from B882 to B885 OTA did not fix my problem. I found that doing the actual FIRMWARE update fixed the problem now I am actually really impressed with audio quality and volume.

Guest Smiff2

i did official update from 882 to 885, then rooted to 888. not sure if i've got this fix or not.. any way to check?

what is a firmware update?

Guest RussellS
Are your ringtones as loud as your mp3's? that will settle it for me as to wether i have a fault or not.

I've just tried playing a MP3 file as both a ring tone and with the music player and they were both the same volume.

Guest jamez87

yeh thats the response I'm looking for, mine are clearly at different levels.

What is the difference between the ota update and actual firmware update and where can i find that/how do i install it?

Guest pelago

Have you got "Increasing ringtone" ticked in Settings? If so, try unticking it. When ticked, this setting means the ringtone starts off quieter and gets louder over time.

Also see similar thread low volume still!

Edited by pelago

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Yes, I presume you have gone into Settings --> Sound --> Volume and pushed all the sliders as far right as they go?

Guest stevecross

Volume+ will increase your speaker and earphone volume significantly, only worked for me on a rooted phone though.

My phone updated itself to fix the volume and in a way it worked, I still found the ringtones were low compared to the volume on something like youtube. I updated to the duo rom and it seemed to improve the ringtone volume, not sure how. The only issue I seem to have is there is no way I can stop the ascending ringtone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrianChorlton

I found that updating from B882 to B885 OTA did not fix my problem. I found that doing the actual FIRMWARE update fixed the problem now I am actually really impressed with audio quality and volume.

Could you tell me where you got the update from, as there is no reference to it on Huawei website.

Thanks for any help.