Assign other button to show unlock screen?

Guest Warft

Guest Warft

Hi!

I would like to know if possible assign another button to show the unlock screen, for example the menu button.

Use H3 Blues.

Thanks!

Guest Josh92

Don't know about H3 Blues, probably not, but ColdFusionX (ICS) has an option to unlock with Menu button, though I find it's hit and miss as to whether it functions.

Guest H3ROS

From what I've read I think it requires kernel changes. When in deep sleep the phone can't wake from any other button press, and this should include remaped keys.

Guest plegdroid
From what I've read I think it requires kernel changes. When in deep sleep the phone can't wake from any other button press, and this should include remaped keys.

I think tilaz mentioned something awhile ago, about remapping in key layout, when someone's hard key broke, can't remember which one, but used it as a workaround to remap function to different hard keys :)

Guest H3ROS

I tested a few things like button remapping and even some code edits so that the volume buttons can wake it, but nothing works, at least on H3B since deep sleep takes effect rather quickly to save battery. You have something like 5 seconds to press any key after pressing the off button to wake up the phone.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest plegdroid
I tested a few things like button remapping and even some code edits so that the volume buttons can wake it, but nothing works, at least on H3B since deep sleep takes effect rather quickly to save battery. You have something like 5 seconds to press any key after pressing the off button to wake up the phone.

the only thing I could think off would be to see if the power button could be remapped, but that would render the new button it's mapped to useless for any other use as it would just turn your phone on and off, and that if it is possible to remap the power button. but then again there's already the dedicated power button as supplied by zte for this, so pointless :D

:)

Guest H3ROS

The WAKE and WAKE_DROPPED events seem to have absolutely no effect once the device is in deep sleep. I read that the kernel can control this behaviour though, although that was for a different device altogether.

Remapping the power button entirely might work, but that's not really what the OP is asking for. You'd also end up without a key, and most of the keys on the Skate are required. Shame theres no search button :mellow:

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Hi!

I would like to know if possible assign another button to show the unlock screen, for example the menu button.

Use H3 Blues.

Thanks!

is your power button not working?