The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

remember that test ics rom that paul uploaded i think i saw a recovery.dat in that with i think is a un secured recovey so if we flashed it we mite be able to root this thing

Does it begin with R :lol: :)

oh yeah I forgot about the test build of ics, now that would be awesome if that worked!

Edited by Guest

Guest PaulOBrien

remember that test ics rom that paul uploaded i think i saw a recovery.dat in that with i think is a un secured recovey so if we flashed it we mite be able to root this thing

The recoveries (and everything else) in the test updates are unsigned and therefore unusable.

Paul where are you ??

Here, watching. :)

I realised we'd be able to use Xolo updates when the boot.bin fixed my dead phone (as mentioned above) and while this is good news for a more unbranded experience, it doesn't help root unfortunately!

P

Guest The Soup Thief

This may not help with root, but it appears to help with simlock - jikobutsu, do you have a non-orange / t-mo sim to confirm this?

This may not help with root, but it appears to help with simlock - jikobutsu, do you have a non-orange / t-mo sim to confirm this?

Yeah a giffgaff sim, but it not mine and they would not be happy if I chopped it up :lol: I will have a look in my junk draw see what i can find.....

edit: nope we are still sim locked, used an old giffgaff sim and it is asking for code :(

@rickywyatt, ask paul how he recovered his brick.

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief

Yeah a giffgaff sim, but it not mine and they would not be happy if I chopped it up :lol: I will have a look in my junk draw see what i can find.....

edit: nope we are still sim locked, used an old giffgaff sim and it is asking for code :(

@rickywyatt, ask paul how he recovered his brick.

@jikobutsu - Aww nuts :(

@rickywyatt - Aww nuts :( Really hope this is rescuable...

Guest rickywyatt

i dont get it after flash of ics recovery it booted but couldt boot into fastboot the i shut it down and now gets stuck at logo

Guest shootomanUK

This may be nothing but ive been googling how to root the lenovo k800 as it uses the same cpu,

anyway i came across a discussion on some chinese forums which i translated in google.

anyway someone asked lenovo for root help and they sent them a guide which i downloaded (in chinese of course) i also translated with google.

so if someone with the knowhow could try this and let us now if it works it would be great

not sure if im allowed to share the link but here it is:

other link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6679dz

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest The Soup Thief

@shootomanUK - that has to be the sketchiest place to upload those files I ever saw - felt dirty just accessing them...

I virus checked them obv and couldn't find anything unpleasant - they are a couple of identical word files (one is .doc , the other .docx) which contain a series of screenshots explaining how to use the HTC Android Kitchen 1.69 by dsixda

There is what appears to be a Chinese translation of this, with directions on how to apply it

I used Word to give a rough translation from the Chinese script in the document and it simply was a set of simple directions to use the program

I'm assuming you need the kitchen software which is probably a hacked version of the original HTC version

The website it all comes from is www.fengbao.com - they do a lot of HTC stuff and support a few other brands, but I didn't see any coverage of Lenovo stuff there

In the word files I didn't see any reference to Lenovo or any mobile devices other than HTC

Home I'm proven wrong but this doesn't show any signs of having anything to do with anything here!

Edited by The Soup Thief

Is it possible that htc kitchen may do it I wonder.......I said before that it is possible that intel approached one of the others like samsung or htc on how to lock bootloader, maybe using the same methods?

Guest shootomanUK

@shootomanUK - that has to be the sketchiest place to upload those files I ever saw - felt dirty just accessing them...

I virus checked them obv and couldn't find anything unpleasant - they are a couple of identical word files (one is .doc , the other .docx) which contain a series of screenshots explaining how to use the HTC Android Kitchen 1.69 by dsixda

There is what appears to be a Chinese translation of this, with directions on how to apply it

I used Word to give a rough translation from the Chinese script in the document and it simply was a set of simple directions to use the program

I'm assuming you need the kitchen software which is probably a hacked version of the original HTC version

The website it all comes from is www.fengbao.com - they do a lot of HTC stuff and support a few other brands, but I didn't see any coverage of Lenovo stuff there

In the word files I didn't see any reference to Lenovo or any mobile devices other than HTC

Home I'm proven wrong but this doesn't show any signs of having anything to do with anything here!

sorry im only trying to help !