The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest darkvicious

Good evening I think you made ​​a good job and I would like to help but that's part of the ideas I have no talent in programing. But is it not possible to flash the recovery of san diego with the recovery of k800 as was done with the recovery of the xolo san diego and also to replace the drivers boot.bin radio.bin recovery and modem k800 by those of xolo example. If I'm right for the k800 there is no problem signing the zip

Guest punjabi

I read this topic everyday waiting for you to crack open this device. I don't even have it yet its so exciting!

Im with you... And I'm sure there's many more!

Guest kabirsaini2011

with my secret source.... even if you find the corrct gt flag and if u successfully flashed the firmeware .... this will be of no benifit as this will led you to a brick

Guest kabirsaini2011

with my secret source.... even if you find the corrct gt flag and if u successfully flashed the firmeware .... this will be of no benifit as this will lead you to a brick

Guest rickywyatt

bad news

hi could I ask when ics will be coming to this phone

-----------

Dear Customer,

We should have ICS with-in the next 2 months.

Regards

Xolo-Care

| www.xolo.in |Contact Us. 1800-30-100-104 (Tollfree) |SMS No. 9650444477 |

Guest vermat17

Damn it!!! :angry:

What happened to the August release date??

And two months is October, which is when Paul suggested Orange may release an ICS update...

Guest vermat17

with my secret source.... even if you find the corrct gt flag and if u successfully flashed the firmeware .... this will be of no benifit as this will led you to a brick

Any status update on getting the source code from Xolo???

And is your friend still able to achieve root using it?? Maybe then we could use the flasher to flash something successfully once we have root??

Any thoughts Ricky??

Edited by vermat17

Guest rickywyatt

Hi could you add su to system/bin but leave out the superuser application then must customers wouldt need it but it would help development

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

Kindly wait we will let you know asap.

Regards

Xolo-Care

Guest kabirsaini2011

Any status update on getting the source code from Xolo???

And is your friend still able to achieve root using it?? Maybe then we could use the flasher to flash something successfully once we have root??

Any thoughts Ricky??

No reply from xolo regarding source codes.... they just said that they will contact me if released ... check out the official tweets regarding ics update ...they said that they will update in august here is the link https://twitter.com/MyXOLO

Edited by kabirsaini2011

Guest kabirsaini2011

Hi could you add su to system/bin but leave out the superuser application then must customers wouldt need it but it would help development

Dear Customer,

Regards

Xolo-Care

if this is true .... then we have to hack this hell phone as soon as possible ...we cant live in chains

Guest kabirsaini2011

Dear Customer,

Regards

Xolo-Care

their senior will reply you now

Edited by kabirsaini2011

To add su would be going against the reason they will not unlock bootloader, surely they will not help development? However, if we don't ask we don't know lol, let's live in hope that they at least give us root. At the end of the day it will be down to the individual user weather or not to root, and the customers they want to protect are not the kind of people who would even be aware of su binary in the device system, or even know what it is, so they would remain protected.

Edited by Guest

Guest kabirsaini2011

To add su would be going against the reason they will not unlock bootloader, surely they will not help development? However, if we don't ask we don't know lol, let's live in hope that they at least give us root. At the end of the day it will be down to the individual user weather or not to root, and the customers they want to protect are not the kind of people who would even be aware of su binary in the device system, or even know what it is, so they would remain protected.

we wont get anything fro customer care now .... "WE" have to achieve

Guest kabirsaini2011

hello sir,

As per the official tweet at
they said that ICS will be out in the month of August i.e. this moth. Can we know the date of update.

cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

4:07 PM (0 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Dear Customer,

Kindly wait we will let you asap.

Regards

Xolo-Care

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 3:57 PM

Guest matmuze

Hi there,

I also follow this topic every day and I really hope you guys will make it to the root of this sweet ass phone !

Cheers and bon courage !

Mat.

Guest vermat17

Well, the fact that they're not flatly refusing our requests is a good sign (or the person answering has no idea what we're talking about :P).

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction... Xolo seem to be much more responsive and far more likely to help us than Orange.

And has anyone tried the intel route yet??? I remember reading something about it in this topic, but can't remember exactly...

Good morning. lr on a xda forum menber said that he has succeeded in his k800 with rooter superoneclick 2.3.3

edit: Hi,

superoneclick ended up rooting the phone.

GAPPS working now about the absence of GAPPS, it's just the way it is in China. Even the default search is Google, which is shocking on an android phone And people want this way, my Chinese colleagues do not want to play google / GAPPS!